Down at the sa-loon

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Snitchanon, May 7, 2017.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

yeah but like I mean what specific kinds of things would we be using for this cause
    no offense but at least half the "self-care is" posts I've seen do not fit schizotypal pd. there are some, but there are others that are not suited to it at all. and if we are trying to represent the disorders with these "drinks"....

• Informative x 1
  2. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I was thinking the ones that end with supernatural stuff like astral projecting and fighting God etc. *shrugs*

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  3. palindromordnilap

It's just that a specific one doesn't exactly come to mind right now.

4. Clicks

Clicks The All Consuming Dread

BPD is a White Russian; sickly sweet, but you know it's going to wreck your shit very soon.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Special Interest is a drink off the secret menu that the bartender has spent their entire career perfecting.

Hyperfixation is the bar's monthly special. It always involves some sort of exotic ingredients that the bartender buys in bulk but will never use again after the special changes at the beginning of the next month.

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 4
  6. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

NVLD (nonverbal learning disorder) is a relatively obscure drink of totally unpredictable strength. You can sometimes taste the alcohol but it's pretty much impossible to judge how much you've had. It tends to make you loquacious. You also may be rambling, it's just all a bit of a jumble and hold on, you just gotta talk it through. And actually you're pretty disoriented but nobody seems to get that you're drunk? They're... rather perturbed by your behavior. (The friends worth keeping will adapt and develop a good natured running joke around the way someone eventually has to go find you after every single restroom trip.)

As for anxiety, you're pretty sure you didn't order it, but maybe you accidentally did? The labeling on most major brands is really fucking confusing. Well, you think it is, but nobody else looks that confused? Before you complain, are you even totally certain this is anxiety? Maybe you should take another sip to be sure. You wouldn't want to bother anyone with a wrong complaint. Wait, did you drink too much to send it back? Oh no, why did you think this bar was a good idea.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 3
  7. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

CPTSD is the same drink your abuser used to have, and you know drinking it is a bad idea but you're compelled to because you're worthless and good for nothing anyway. You can't remember exactly what event the smell reminds you of, but it's making you cry hysterically anyway for some weird reason. You must just be making shit up, because the drink is fine and no one has ever had bad experiences with it anyway. Hey, at least you'll get your money's worth, because it's gonna stick with you for a period of time which you're not going to be able to adequately measure because you'll be too busy with your flashbacks.

The worst part is that the bartender doesn't even know what sort of drink you're trying to order. Half the time they just ask whether you're trying to order PTSD or BPD. No, see, it's sort of like both of those things but not quite either of them - no, don't give me one or the other! Not again.

• Like x 6
    • Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  8. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

I call this drink either "Suffolk delight" or "Life Cry".

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
  9. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

This is too accurate and I love it.

• Agree x 2
  10. palindromordnilap

It's called a "cercueil", or coffin, in France.

• Informative x 2
  11. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Man, if I knew about drink mixing I would absolutely make some actually-tasty drinks based on brainweird because I GO HARD.

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 1
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

That would be so much fun.

• Agree x 5
  13. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

bro in law is a bartender. will get sister to ask him about this

edit: was a bartender, and is still licensed or smth. now he is a programmer

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    • Informative x 1
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Food Issues is a glass of water with plastic food on the rim of the glass for decoration. There are Ed specific variations.

ETA: Water + plastic food because inedible food/food one cannot have because brainweird. Not meant to be anorexia specific or stereotyping.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    • Like x 5
  15. palindromordnilap

I wonder what the poppy liqueur (Surprisingly Legal!™) we just made would be. Something like 20% alcohol, incredibly sweet and syrupy, numbs your tongue and throat so you don't taste much of the alcohol. Dissociation?

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I wonder if mania is just this
    [​IMG]

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 4
  17. thegrimsqueaker

for me, it'd be anaphlaxis

• Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Yeah!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  19. thegrimsqueaker

what would scumble be?

(if you don't know what scumble is, it's a discworld thing that Nanny Ogg makes. basically, you take apple cider and put it out in the snow in the winter, and in the morning you take out the parts that have frozen, bc the rest is alcoholic, and you keep doing that until you have something that'll make you blind)

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  20. palindromordnilap

I'm not sure, but I'd like to mention that the real world version is called applejack.

• Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice