Dragon Age anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Apr 25, 2015.

1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

ok, I squinted and scrolled very fast past the rest of the thread because I'm still in the beginning of Inquisition, I just have a question: can anyone find/screenshot Cass' low health portrait? I can't bloody find it on the Internet and my computer refuses to screenshot dragon age.

2. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

@bluefox I can find it out of the game files but it'd have to be tomorrow, since I need to go to bed shortly.

Do you by any chance have any screenshot programs running? For some reason they don't play nice with DAI and will take blank screenshots and the game just won't take any at all. I have to turn the screencap program I use off to get the game to save screenshots.

3. blue

blue hightown funk you up

@Mercury I've just been trying to use the screenshot function of.. whatever windows OS the family PC runs on, idk.. but it screenshotted the desktop under it -

oh wait that was in Origins! I think it worked in inquisition. Never mind, I got confused bc of switching back and forth.

thank you though!

4. Mercury

@bluefox heh no problem, it happens. But yeah printscreen button should work just fine in DAI, and save to the my documents/bioware/dragon age: inquisition folder.

5. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

Today's the day :DD

In preparation for the Trespasser, I was thinking that we could share the playthrough's we're going in first. Like their world-states, LI's, what decisions they made that we think will impact the DLC, and headcanons, if any, of what they've been up to in the past two years.

I'm doing it first with Ren Lavellan. She romanced Cullen, made Cole more human, saved the Chargers, softened Leliana is Divine, Cass is rebuilding the Seekers, Blackwall was sent to the Wardens post game, left Stroud in the Fade (not canon, but that's what's in the game), exiled the Wardens, Morrigan drank from the Well.

In the two years since defeating Corypheus, in addition to her duties as Inquisitor, she has been meeting with Dalish clans and carrying news between them. I headcanon that she's been granted the title of Keeper, even though she is not the leader for any one clan.

6. Mercury

Oh, this is a great idea (and will keep me from Veruca Salt-esque tantrums while I wait)!

I'm going through first with my completionist playthrough and current favorite Inquisitor, Embriel Lavellan. I used a kind of random worldstate for him rather than one I played through (Dalish Warden who romanced Morrigan and had an old god baby with her, F!Hawke that romanced Merrill, sided with mages, and killed Anders). He romanced Dorian and asked him to stay, made Cole more of a spirit (and after the temple, regretted it), saved the Chargers, left Hawke in the Fade, Cassandra ended up Divine even though he supported Leliana, exiled the wardens, made Celene, Briala, and Gaspard work together, and Morrigan drank from the well.

In the time since Corypheus's defeat, Embriel investigated the previous Inquisitor, managed Inquisitorial duties, tried to be appropriately older brotherly to Sera but was more often an enabler of her pranks, and took what time off he could. He's likely managed a visit or two to his clan in the meantime - as eager as he was to leave and see the world, he's realized he's a little more emotionally tied to his clan than he thought, for all the Dalish chase ghosts of the past. Since Clan Lavellan's Keeper is overseeing Wycome along with the elves of that city, he doesn't have any trouble finding them, at least.

He's also getting very weary of being the Inquisitor.

• Like x 1
  7. Kittenly

AGHHHH. FML. I was importing save data for Ren to the PS4 but accidentally saved over my latest save with an old one. Fuck. The closest save was 4 hours behind and before I had killed the three dragons in Emprise du Leon. UGH. Well, I don't think my keeper robe schematics are worth it so I'll just import this one. I am such anger.

8. Mercury

@Kittenly oh no! The Keeper robe schematic isn't that great, it's true, but... oh no! OnO

9. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I am fucking livid that my computer is still disassembled and that I have no idea when it will be put together!!!

I'm thinking about doing it myself but I'm too chicken and I can't continue bothering my mom-in-law for her to get the phone number of the dude who comes fix them at home she's super stressed with real life work stuff

• Like x 1
  10. Kittenly

@Mercury It's not that great, but it's a good 100 points better than my current stuff... Ah well. I'm playing on easy anyway. Or maybe I'll just go kill the dragons again.

11. Mercury

@witchknights augh, that sucks! :( At least when you can get to it, you won't have snail-over-broken-glass download speeds and you'll know if there are any bugs to watch out for. (Small comfort, I know.)

@Kittenly Aaaah, yeah, that's a real bummer then. :(

12. witchknights

Yeah ): but i fear I won't be able to get to it until after the 21st, when I get back from the week at my mom's... Where my gaming computer was, previously, assembled and working as intended

I had so much trouble bringing it in my luggage last time. I had a two hour wait for my connection!!!! Carrying my computer on hand!!! Fucking

Marlon said he'd help me build it and now he gets prissy that it's too expensive that we should call the guy and uuugh

No offense to the men in this thread but

Men are fucking useless

(Doesn't help that I'm back on lexapro and getting all jittery and DO ALL THINGS OBSESSIVELY RIGHT NOW AT THIS INSTANT)

• Like x 1
  13. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Kom'rk hadn't really meant to desecrate the ashes of Andraste. It was mostly a lie just to get safely past things. But then he saw the ashes and he was pissed. Exceptionally and extremely pissed. It was incredibly depressing to see the Shaperate in Orzammar, but to see the most holy relic of the humans just sitting there being all real and stuff was infuriating. So while he generally tries to make sure that he doesn't just pointlessly lash out at the humans this time he couldn't keep himself from it. So Kom'rk is now a reaver in addition to being a berserker. I am the best elf ever because I get extremely pissed and I hit shit with a huge sword and wear the heaviest armor in all the land. The bow I have is more for show than anything.

• Like x 1
  14. Kittenly

*highfives Witchknights* Wooo Lexapro buddies! I'm a little weird on mine rn because I cut back so I don't run out. Curse executive dysfunction and my inability to get to a doctor.

I'm sorry your computer endeavor is being poop. *hugs*

15. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

YOU ARE ON LEXAPRO TOO??? HELLO FELLOW LEXAPRO PEOPLES. I too take this shit. That and a seizure med.

16. witchknights

LEXABUDDIES!

i think im going to see my psych and ask for adhd medication, because being on antidepressants has plummeted my ability to, like. remember stuff.

17. Kittenly

Woooo Lexa-party! I really need to find a new doctor and a new psychatrist because I moved to a new city. But how dooooo. So it's fun times in medication land.

ON TOPIC, I have the DLC, but I'm sort of scared to start it bc i don't want it to be over and my current save is flat broke and I sorta wanna kill more dragons but I really wanna start the DLC too... *flails*

@witchknights, what's the state of your puter?

18. witchknights

I have finally whined and complained enough that my boyfriend called the dude who knows the dude who fixes computers and he'll come tomorrow afternoon!!! /o/

I've sort of read all the spoilers I could, though, because I am hopeless and and at anxiety.

19. Mercury

There's nothing like playing it yourself, at least! @_@

I finished it a few hours ago and let's just say that I'm verklempt (and upset over fictional boyfriends).

• Like x 5
  20. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Can someone please summarize for me? I can't afford games like this and I want to know all the things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice