Dragon Age anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

;-;

morrigan

my one true wife

• Like x 1
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I love Doribull OT3's, both with m!Inquis and a few of the other pairings I've found (cards on the table, most of them are Dorian/Bull/Cullen, but I will shamelessly indulge in pretty much any variation on a polyship)

ironically, I was going to romance Cass with Heliose, my m!Lavellan, because s/o was doing a Dorian playthrough already-- but he heard that Bull's had d/s elements and jumped headfirst into that, I fell for the puppy eyes, and somehow I ended up flirting with Cullen and Dorian both when I was supposed to be romancing poor Cass instead

I'm going to try with an m!Adaar next time I think, with a different personality

• Like x 2
  3. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I'm romancing her with my Cadash and its soooooo cute.

• Like x 1
  4. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Same! :D It's precious how giddy Sera gets over the cuteness of dwarves.

Sera/Cadash/Dagna ot3

• Like x 1
  5. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Huh, I've been thinking about how to do a Seramance - maybe I will make a dwarf for that one!

6. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

Dori/Bull/Inq OT3 is like. My jam so much. I really wish it was possible in game because I have this character I'm going to play as eventually, he's a pansexual+polyromantic elf mage who is a major sub and also has a thing for snark and strong personalities and both Dorian and Bull would be perfect for him and I want him to romance BOTH OF THEM SO MUCH

I played through most of Origins with him, and he was just. Immediately heart eyes for Morrigan. Her sass, her personality in general, just. He was immediately head over heels for her. It was super fuckin adorable. They snarked so much.

.... God I really need to play through Inquisitions as him because I'd have so much fun with his constant deadpan snarking.

• Like x 1
  7. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I know there are poly mods for Origins and DA2, I wonder if there's one for Inquisition?

8. Mercury

There is, but it's not like the romances acknowledge one another, and once either of them is flagged with romance with the Inq they are locked off from romancing each other.

9. blue

Oh, I see.

I recently decided my purple f!Hawke should romance both Merrill and Isabela, even tho I played her with just a Merrill romance, so now I'm deciding whether I should replay her and romance Isabela or get a poly mod and romance both. Leaning towards the second.

10. Aondeug

FINALLY. THROUGH WITH DRAGON AGE 2.

11. KarrinBlue

So what'd you think?

12. Aondeug

Much better than Origins. I suppose the dungeons got a bit stale after a while but thankfully they were short and punchy. Overall I preferred the changes made to gameplay. Combat was less awful, no having to waste my early levels on coercion or something, getting closer to other party members felt a lot more natural, I really appreciated the rival option, and it was greyer. Much, much greyer. Which I like. Also as a whole I like the dynamic between the people in your party a lot more than in Origins. Especially with the acts. Was nice getting to see things develop over time.

Let Anders live. Not out of mercy but because like hell he's getting to die after getting me stuck with that decision. No, his ass is coming along to help and then afterwards Hawke will dump him off somewhere to live with what he did. If Anders wants to die so badly he can go do it himself. Fionn will have no part of it.

Sadly lacked the ability to jump up hills though. At least I can do that in Inquisition. Little do people know but leaping up sheer cliffs is a proud Dalish tradition.

• Like x 5
  13. Aondeug

Though now I wonder how Kom'rk would react to the news that his clan is all dead with the exception of Merrill. Because of drama over the mirror that fucked him and Tamlen over originally. Probably not well. He can be a nice man really, but he's got a very bad temper on him. Especially where it concerns friends and family being harmed.

14. KarrinBlue

I'm glad that rogues can automatically lockpick stuff as long as their cunning is high enough. Also DA2 combat is SO PRETTY compared to DAO.

• Like x 3
  15. Aondeug

God that is lovely too. The lockpicking thing.

16. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

I have begun the long and tedious project of modding DA:O because I'd like to finish it eventually but Inquisitions has spoiled me as far as like. Graphics and shit go.
    WISH ME LUCK I am only barely managing to do this with heavy guidance
    I swear I'm not bad at computers I'm just terrified of fucking things up beyond fixing

• Like x 3
  17. Mercury

Heck yeah. Inquisition has spoiled me - I went back to play DA2 and was constantly frustrated by not being able to jump from tiny little rises on hillsides. Origins is even worse, considering how it is a LOT more constrained than it looks...!

• Like x 1
  18. blue

Saaame, my greatest pleasure as Berit was fade stepping around and jumping up and down hills and mountains. :D

19. Mercury

I love being able to run around and explore. I've seen a lot of complaining about it, which I don't understand, because it's pretty optional. idk, maybe a lot of folks just get lost really easily? But I like being able to wander off to go pick flowers or whatever.

• Like x 2
  20. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

I'm personally not a big fan of open worlds. I think DAI did it alright. They could have benefitted from slightly more direction (Like having something pop up during the Hinterlands that said Okay, you can leave now) and having the areas each have a bit of a narrative or arc for each location like Crestwood or the area in Jaws of Hakkon.

Though to be fair, I'm playing Bloodborne right now which is an utter masterpiece of level and world design. The levels themselves are very maze-like, but they connect to each other in such a way that the world really feels connected and exploring is heavily rewarded.

I've tried Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout 4 and could never really get into them. Though a lot of that is camera weirds. Both the first and third person camera felt really clunky to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice