Dragon Age anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Apr 25, 2015.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I complained about inquisition being open because my previous experience was with Getting Lost In: Skyrim, but I ended up really loving the maps in the end to the point I can actually give directions. I did think it feels a little too big for the story, but it's lovely and beautiful and I spent a lot of time just exploring and getting screenshots. I really hope andromeda has something of the sort. Alien worlds must be twice as pretty to explore

• Like x 3
  2. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

In the last patch or so (which I don't think last gen consoles got), they actually did add something like that - Solas will now start telling you to leave so you can go to Val Royeaux. XD Should have had that in there from the beginning though, I agree.

I can't deal with the camera in Bethesda games, either. I can't do first person because motion sickness, and the third person is just kind of awful. Their plots and characters are less cohesive than in Bioware games, too, so they feel less lively to me.

DAI did seem to have too much space for the story, but I was glad for the breathing room after Origins and DA2 (even though I LOVE DA2). Origins especially - I really disliked having an area that looks bit and explorable, but nope, it actually has very narrow pathways you can't veer off of. And it's just... nice to go wandering, sometimes. (Still would have sacrificed a zone or two for the chance to get an actual Val Royeaux zone and not just the Summer Market, though...)

• Like x 5
  3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Well, part of my issue with the Inquisition maps is finding which particular patch of rock is climbable. Also the parts that need you to balance over a tiny area and make very specific jumps across (like the freaking shard collecting.)

• Like x 3
  4. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

not gonna lie, some of the more finicky puzzle-jumping bits were my favorite parts of the maps in DA:I. I was trained in wall jumping and balancing in WoW's maps, which can be absolute utter hell sometimes where a single, like, pixel of difference is the difference between getting to the thing you want and plummeting into the death pit of dying. next to that, I just like discovering the whole map; I think I hit level 20 just by establishing camps and closing rifts my first playthrough, because I wanted to see everything and didn't bother doing many sidequests (oops)

I'm really hoping they bring the jumping and everything back in Andromeda though, because I don't think you have to be as cohesive with your maps when it's different planets, and they're already started testing jumping and more open world zones in ME3 for being on foot, and ME1 essentially had free-roam on planets with the Mako

• Like x 2
  5. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

Yeah, I hear you there. The maps (in DA2 especially) were never one of DA's strengths. I guess if we're gonna have an open world, then I want it to like we're going places for a reason. Like yes, I want to wander and explore this pretty pretty map, but I also want some sense of narrative as to why I'm there in the first place. I think that's one of my main crits of DAI in general is the lack of urgency. And I think the giant world was a part of that. Like instead of doing the next important plot thing, I'm gonna take a nice vacation to the Emerald Graves and fuck about for a few levels.

Also seconded on a Val Royeaux level. And a trip to somewhere like Denerim would have also been nice. Or even making Redcliff slightly more recognizable. Like with the tavern and the smith that we visited in DAO.

Also the Western Approach and Emprise du Leon drive me absolutely bonkers trying to find the bit of slope that I could climb. I gave up on the shards entirely because I left jumping puzzles back with my PS2.

• Like x 2
  6. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Inquisition I definitely like for the open map that I can look about. Though I also really like how closed in and simple 2 was. It'll probably be a mood based thing for whichever I go back to fuck with again. Origins was the most awful map design wise because at least with 2 I could usually excuse it.

7. witchknights

Emprise du Leon made me bonkers, as did the shards temple level.

I was looking at my inquisition mods folder and im crying a bit. its so disorganized.
    [​IMG]

8. Mercury

If you think that's disorganized, then you don't even want to see my mod storage folder. It's such a disaster I've even got projects-in-progress in it!

9. witchknights

how do you even do it??? there are so many conflicting hair mods that i waste a lot of time picking through them in the mod manager every time i want to start a game.
    the rest of my life is a mess, but my sims 3 mods are all organized by type via CC magic, and i'm trying to summon the spoons to sort them by creator too, so i'm like. dizzy, just looking at all that

10. Mercury

Oh, well, my storage folder is not also my merge folder! I have a different merge folder for every Inquisitor, and keep mods parceled out in those. Means there's duplicates, but also means I don't have to shuffle files or check tickyboxes every time I need to re-merge for some reason.

Outside the merge folders, though, it's a disaster. :') I have way more mods than I'll probably ever use, because I like to squirrel things away. (Especially since some modders have a tendency to flounce...)

• Like x 1
  11. KarrinBlue

Oh, speaking of mods, did you post that craftable Ardent Blossom mod yet? I wanted to make one.

• Like x 1
  12. witchknights

...... i hadnt thought about it. WHY hadnt i thought about it.

I love squirreling things too :') there's so many hairs i don't think i'll ever use but i downloaded anyway because i wanted to test or i thought was pretty or something... i wish we didn't need to override meshes so i could have them all when i'm in the CC -=-'

• Like x 1
  13. Mercury

I haven't yet! Here you go - as far as I could tell, it doesn't break anything. It might be a little overpowered but idc. Works fine with mods that retexture it.

I'll upload it all official-like tomorrow or so. Might make a retexture, since I'd like to have a tintable version that has roses.

14. witchknights

My brosca had exactly the same problem ://// I liked so much that the family changed with the hawke preset/skintone in DA2 because i love the idea of rivaini/antivan/who knows????? dad hawke and biracial hawke children.

@Mercury, do you have mods that make it tintable? I like having my people all matchy matchy

• Like x 1
  15. Mercury

I know there's one here, called Ardent Blossom Tint. It worked when I tried it out last, I just don't know if it works with any retextures.

16. KarrinBlue

Awesome, thanks! I will add that to Razeia's planned Super Elfy getup (Keeper Robes and Sentinel Staff, plus any elfy accessories I can dig up.)

• Like x 1
  17. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

Does anyone know any mods for Origins that lets you change your character's face after the Character Creation screen? I only found one but it's ridiculously complicated and I am low on spoons

18. witchknights

19. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Want to RP Merrill but do not know where D:

20. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

@witchknights Yeah that's the super complicated one I mentioned, lol. Ah well, I'll just make do with the character faces I have now. Thanks anyways!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice