Dragon Age anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Apr 25, 2015.

1. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

Weeeeeelp. The game loaded and ran just fine once I rebooted it today, but then as soon as I reached the Deep Roads it started lagging like nobody's business. I'll loot a thing and then it'll take at least a solid minute to bring up the loot screen. :I I've tried closing out of and restarting the game like three times but noooooope still laggy as fuck.
    Really hoping this fixes itself soon because this is really interfering with gameplay and story at the moment.

2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

• Like x 2
  3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Oh my goodness the right ones look so peacocky! That's great.

• Like x 1
  4. blue

blue hightown funk you up

aaaa yes I love the one with the purple side panels!

• Like x 1
  5. raginghearts

God. Goddddd what a good DLC. So many feeeeeeeeels. Dorian come to my arms I must hold u
    (his friendship with the Inquisitor was so amazing I just--I almost cried both at the scene where you get to talk to him again and at the epilogue scenes)

I also have to say I now really feel like I underappreciated Vivienne if only because she decided to treat Asaara to a spa day and then said that she had been worried about Asaara ever since the whole "Blackwall" incident, and I just. I don't know, it hit my feels. The fact that she was all concerned about Asaara ever since her breakup with Liar McBeardyface

I absolutely love the buildup on the Mark getting worse, though. And I love how it gets to the point where it's almost like simulating how distracting chronic pain like that can be--because right at the end you have to almost pay more attention to the Mark than to the battle going on because if you don't it'll EXPLODE ON YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS

Also god I loved playing as Asaara(Zef) again. I hadn't realized how attached I had gotten to her, or how much I missed playing as her, but. GOD. It was great to play as her again, and to further her character arc.
    Because through most of the game, whenever it'd give the option of the emotional responses, I'd almost always go with the "sad" option--because she is a sad, regretful lady--but by this point, especially when it got to the reveal of Solas's betrayal, she wasn't even sad anymore she was PISSED.
    ALL THESE DAMN LIARS IN HER DAMN INQUISITION. CAN'T TRUST ANYONE.

She ended up disbanding the Inquisition, mostly out of fear of more corruption :'D Buuuuuut. Yeah. Hell of a good game.
    And... I dunno, especially with the addition of the events in Trespasser, I honestly have a hard time imagining anyone else as Inquisitor. Zef--a character I had for a long time before DA--just fit the role so perfectly and so much of the dialogue was so perfect for her. And it helped that the voice actor with the more American accent sounded almost exactly like what I imagined Zef to sound like--just. Aaaaaah. This was such a fun game I need to draw Asaara more if I can ever get her horn shape figured out <XD;

TL;DR I am very satisfied. And very rambly.

• Like x 4
  6. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

7. raginghearts

@Mercury lol it didn't ever fully fix itself from the lagging but it DID at least improve enough to where it wasn't AWFUL... I'm hoping that by the time I get to it again it'll behave. BUT YE it was awesome regardless of weird technical issues

• Like x 1
  8. witchknights

@Mercury, how did you save the speculars for your dress mod? I'm trying to export mine but every time I save the .dds on photoshop it ends all jagged and ugly and it's getting really ugly up close in game. I tried compressing it via the compressonator but it's still not that great... =-=

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  9. Mercury

I save freaking everything in dxt 5 to minimize the pixellization. (Old habits from Sims 2 modding die hard.) It doesn't get rid of it all, and it does add an alpha channel for some reason but that hasn't screwed up anything gameplay-wise for me yet.

10. witchknights

I'll try that too and see what looks best, then. Inquisition is my first attempt at modding and while I love drawing the diffuses it makes my perfectionism go haywire and everything else is confusing

11. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

Uuuugh, those are so pretty @witchknights

Am I the only one who is really fucking sick of stick-shaped elves. I understand why having only one body type model is easier in a game, but Ren is a little potatoe-elf...

• Like x 1
  12. KarrinBlue

I mean I'd appreciate being able to make tall elves? or buff elves? or yes potatoelves, that sounds excellent.

13. witchknights

i wish we could have body sliders too. Idrilla is stick thin, but she's a beanpole way too tall for a dalish elf; and my surana is 4'11 and 140 pounds of arcane warrior rage, muscle and tighs. seeing her in inquisition is pretty funny.

• Like x 1
  14. Mercury

I'd love to have body sliders. It just so happened to work out that being slender and androgynous suits Embriel, but Erinys should be broad shouldered and well-muscled, not a tiny twig of a woman scarcely taller than a dwarf.

• Like x 1
  15. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

ffs DA fandom, my best friend got CALLED OUT because she wrote an adoribull fic in which Dorian makes friends with Skyhold cats (who are then murdered for angst) and apparently this is plagiarizing another adoribull fic about Dorian who makes friends with a cat (that is not angst).

I hate this stupid fandom.

• Like x 4
  16. Hrairoo

Hrairoo New Member

And what strikes me as particularly ridiculous, is that the call out is focused not just on the fact that it's apparently plagiarism, but that her version takes it in a darker direction, which is Bad.

17. witchknights

don't they have a good sink full of dirty dishes to wash

18. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Ah, the good old "you used a concept that was superficially similar to another concept ie befriending small animals". Who wants to tell them about all the cute/sad Krem and Cullen fics featuring their love interests finding kittens?

A few years back I had a friend run off the internet entirely because they drew Kaiden and Sebastian "too pale". Mind you, they were literally grabbing colors from screenshots, and showed this repeatedly, but still got their tumblr, dA, and twitter spammed with abuse and death threats. Poor kid.

• Like x 1
  19. KarrinBlue

Well, Arcane Warrior mages can wear heavy armor and swing around a sword while spellcasting, and with enough passives on are basically amazing at tanking. They're super broken and great.

20. Mercury

I've used this build guide with some success, although keep in mind I play strictly on casual with mods to make things even easier on me.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice