Dragon Age anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    • Like x 1
  2. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Ugh, and that Varric's eyes too...

Man if you find a good Solas mod, especially one that could make him look like the concept art, that'd be appreciated. I've got a Solasmance run on hold now and... yeah an appearance mod might help ><

eta: that person's Lavellan's hair looks like she slept on it weird and now moving the hair a bit twinges the head.

3. Mercury

Here's the concept art Solas mod! The dreads are unfortunately not something modders can add in yet, but the scalp stubble helps, imo.

4. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

So what are some good DAI mods?

5. Mercury

@Mala there are a shitton of good ones. Whatchya looking for?

6. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I don't actually know yet. XD I've briefly looked at Nexus's top list and picked up a couple from there but idk what else is out there

7. Mercury

There's... a lot. XD Hair mods, clothing mods, texture mods for everything from eyes to pajamas to armor... I'll whip up a little starter list. If you're interested in a particular race/gender, that helps to narrow it down.

8. Mercury

This is kind of fast and loose since I am ridiculously tired and not so good wit hthe thinking tonight:

DAImodder - you can find a lot of things by looking through their compendium links, although they aren't up to date. There's a fair amount of crap of course, but some really awesome things. For hair, SKS/Skaramoosh and kadustuniverse tend to be consistently good and have styles for multiple races and genders.

FMFmods - really good hair mods and Skyhold outfit texture replacements for all races. Also a texture replacement for Morrigan's outfit that's lore friendly while also giving her some dignity.

I reblog mods that catch my eye and post my own under this tag on my blog. The mod at the top that changes the leather textures I haven't tried out for myself yet, but I love how it looks. As for my mods, I've made PJs for DF and EM, a craftable ardent blossom mod, a no-chest-sash formal wear retexture, and a Kieran face tint mod. Also in those tags is a reblog of a Circle robes dress retexture made by our very own @witchknights - perfect if you play a human female!

The opulent wardrobe tinting mod is one of the best things ever. Honestly, I find a lot of what tirnoney makes to be indispensible.

I can't STAND to play without the no dirt buildup mod. Who the hell gets mud up to their thighs when they're just puttering around a clean castle?

There are also some cool mods on the DAITools forum that aren't on Nexus.

• Like x 1
  9. KarrinBlue

Ohhh my god those recoloring mods, I love them and I love my purple Dalish Keeper robes.

I know there's a modder who does nice curly-hair mods too (though admittedly not nearly fluffy enough for my purposes, or what's fluffy hair is straight, complain complain gripe gripe) but I can't remember the name just now, I will look for it.

fake edit: kadustuniverse!

10. blue

blue hightown funk you up

can vouch for @Mercury's formalwear retexture being really nice! I wish I had discovered it earlier in my playthrough, bc my inquisitor wore the crafted formalwear armor and even tinted it was ugly as hell until I nodded it :P

• Like x 1
  11. Mercury

Worthy of note is that my formalwear retexture works just fine with Opulent Wardrobe, so you can have everyone matching in something other than red and blue at Halamshiral, and still be able to tint the craftable version with materials.

• Like x 1
  12. KarrinBlue

Oh yeah, Mercury's formalwear mod is VERY NICE. Also they did a craftable ardent blossom mod! That combined with tintable ardent blossom is great.

13. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

[screams internally at mention of mod because senpai noticed me]

I also have two versions of a freckle complexion, for HED girls and for everyone else

@Kittenly thank you for saying my children are interesting fhdklafdf
    But yeah, i'm 110% willing to admit i am a hypocrite on this, because i think fuller lips are attractive so literally almost everyone has it, and I still think there's too many doe-eyed huge-lipped implausibly smooth skinned elf girls.

it's just that i do not consider it bad, overdone and clichéd when i'm making it because :narcissist:, that's why.

(actually it is bad. i know. i'm part of the problem, and i'm sort of embarrassed of how same-y and generic they are)

hypocrisy part two: I see a lot of Trevelyans being basically the same template, too. there's something about the nose...

that elf i linked in particular is a weird case because she doesn't look like any of my family members specifically but she looks like she could be related, you know? something about you defaulting to the faces you're most used to. it was worse a while ago because her nose was pretty much my cousin's after her rhinoplasty (now it's... my cousin's nose, before her rhinoplasty. lmao. Girl is still a work in progress).

14. KarrinBlue

Huh, I wonder if there's any similar trends among the Qunari or dwarves...

By the way, I hope next game we get some customizability for body types as well, even if it'd probably make armor hard. And more kinds of hair.

15. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

isnt there a bioware joke saying we need to thank them for the thousands of hours spent in beautifully detailed environments and the 20 minutes they put into hair?

• Like x 2
  16. KarrinBlue

I dunno I could stand for some of those environments being less detailed, especially when the detail is leaves, covering the entire screen, with no way to get rid of them and so no way to tell which way will free me from arboreal hell without just trying every direction.

• Like x 2
  17. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I just want the ability to add 30 new hairstyles with mods.

Also why are there so many porcelain doll Sera mods? I swear one day I'm gonna do a playthrough with every companion/NPC mod that hits the uncanny valley.

@Mercury Thanks for the links! I didn't know there were so many modders not posting to Nexus

• Like x 1
  18. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  19. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

That's unnerving.

• Like x 1
  20. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

Wow that actually looks like WORSE graphics

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice