Dragon Age anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Apr 25, 2015.

1. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

I haven't gotten to play DAI yet, but I liked DAO and DA2 pretty well. 2's plot and construction felt kind of rough-and-rushed, but they both had characters I loved.
    DAO, I had a dwarf noble warrior lady who totally wanted a stable threesome with Leliana and Zevran and had to settle for just Leliana thanks to game limitations. DA2, my lady!Hawke was head over heels with Isabella, but also had something of a crush on Varric. (I am not sure what it is, most characters intended as male love interests turn me right off, it's (almost) always the non-romanceable ones I fall for.)

Also, this exists and is awesome.

2. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

@witchknights

Not sure about Sera = Andruil, I think she's fine as she is. She's had enough shit to deal with. Sometimes people are amazing prodigies and the things she's amazing at probably simply mean she has savant-levels of physical perception/spatial reasoning (?).

Also I realised why the hate bothers me as well. It is similar to what people did to me when I was like her. I still am, but I was a lot more brash and combative when I was a teenager. And like her, being dismissed was the last thing I needed. Luckily, the second half of my personality is more like Cassandra, so I muddled through somehow.

But it's like...this is a kid. She's barely 20 when Inquisition happens, and 10 when she lives through the Blight, and her whole life so many people have told her she's worthless, pointless, and so on. Blurgh.

What is it with archer rogues and them being unpopular? Sebastian's unpopular too (yet another kid who's been fucked over like whoa by his family). I wonder what fandom thinks about Nathaniel? I swear to god if I see anyone shitting on him I might actually go back to tumblr and just make a 100% positive archer blog to reblog these cuties, because seriously.

#dragon age archer defense brigade 2k15

PS: tbh I wouldn't much mind if ppl were like "I just don't like Sera because she is abrasive and mean", but no, ppl have to be "she's badly written, why, this is terrible". Like, you know I dislike Anders immensely, but I am not going to say he's badly written. I am just saying I dislike him immensely, and that's that. Matter of preference. I still respect the fact that a lot of peeps love him.

@littlepinkbeasts

I think people like Varric a lot, because he's really the only character who sticks by Hawke to the end. Even if Hawke is not that friendly to him, Varric still respects him. He's funny and kind and so, so real. If you like him, you'll probably like the fact that he's in Inquisition too. Inquisition is different from DA2, the story is bigger and more epic, and I would say less tragic than DA2's. Also, more companions! More romances! Funny banter! So much running around for sidequests!

3. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Ok so I'm not reading this thread because I'm only on the extra campaigns in Origins and I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague but I just wanted to pop in here to say

Fuck the Harvester

that is all

• Like x 2
  4. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

fuck the harvester indeed.

• Like x 1
  5. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

I swear it hasn't been that long since I played DAO, but Harvester? What was that? I'm only getting an image of the Harvesters from ME3. Which also should fuck off.

@hoarmurath I totally get what you're saying about the archers. They are certainly unpopular for some reason :(

Though don't fret about Nate, he's a a fan favorite. I love that grump to bits. And I adore Nathaniel/Anders in Awakening. It's just too funny.

@witchknights He doesn look like he's about to sneeze. What a doof. Doof lord supreme. That's Cully-Wully.

• Like x 1
  6. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

@Kittenly

Then I suppose I'll take up the mantle for Sera and Sebastian and hie my arse back to the blog network of doom. Because seriously.

I'd really love to have a nice blog with nice material for people to follow, basically. We'll see. I still have Origins and DA2 to replay.

Also dang but Orlesian inquisitor? I can see it going so badly. I should write it.

7. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

@Kittenly it's the final fight of the Golems of Amgarrak campaign

8. witchknights

I think archers are sorta popular - Leliana, Nathaniel and Varric seem to be fan favorites - but i agree Sera gets a lot of undeserved hate from the fandom and i sure wonder why.
    but yeah. she's a kid, she's doing her best, and she's not super mature or introspective but its... she's young! she doesnt have to be!

I hate how you can kick her out whenever, while others take a LOT of work to leave after they join, and how... dismissive it sounds.

Sebastian is unpolular partly because you wouldn't download a heterosexual he's a dlc character, so a lot of people don't know him. add that to the people who don't like him being quite vocal about it, and his fandom seems... even smaller. but i think i follow a bunch of people who have him as main DA2 LI? i might have unfollowed them during the latest Anders Controversy, though.

• Like x 1
  9. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

The kicking out bothers me too, as fuck. Like, what the hell? Why is it just her. It should be either no one or everyone.

I think it's silly he's straight, all the other LIs in DA2 aren't, and he actually reads fairly bisexual to me because why not?

Also it feels a little there's some sort of eternal Anders vs. Sebastian war going on. But I suspect it's because people from both sides feed the fire. And it's easy to happen because they oppose each other in canon, esp since Sebastian actually demands you kill Anders. (Not that I personally mind, I would have done the same thing, except with an actual jury and judge, but.)

At the same time, woah the nasty shit I've seen on completely random posts about a character that don't mention the other one at all. :( ugh.

• Like x 1
  10. Imoata

Imoata Member

Jumping in to say: The dwarves are all my jam. I'm currently playing as a dwarf rogue inquisitor who is deeply in love with Varric, but doesn't say anthing as his heart belongs to another. So instead they flirt with Dorian and Cassandra and basically everyone when the option comes up.

But especially Scout Harding. I love Scout Harding. And I wish you could flirt with Krem.

• Like x 1
  11. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

12. witchknights

I love how "Cole understands homestuck" is a) it's own thing b) perfectly plausible

• Like x 3
  13. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

@Mentarnes That whole thing is beautiful omg. Is it okay for me to reblog?

14. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Of course!

• Like x 1
  15. a tiny mushroom

I'm currently writing what will end up being a Quiz/Bull fic (because I am original) with an autistic-coded Quiz. Mostly because I was like, "How would an autistic person cope with this hmm." And I decided to go with a female human mage because I figured, the Circle's pretty enclosed and she'd have a nice routine and everything, she'd probably be pretty comfortable even if it's not ideal, and then MAGE-TEMPLAR WAR, HER FAMILY WANTS HER TO GO TO THE CONCLAVE AND REPRESENT THEM, SHE'S SHITTING HERSELF ALL THE TIME, GOOD LUCK.

(Would anyone here want to read it when I eventually get around to posting it to AO3? I wanna get it to 10,000 words before I start posting.)

• Like x 2
  16. witchknights

I'd definitely want to read that!!!! damn, bull would be a really good romance choice for an autistic quizzie.

I was trying to write awful future!fucked up road trip!buddyfic for my flavellan and Dorian that is basically me dumping headcanons on how time travel magic works + the beginnings of their beautiful moirallegiance, but I'm not sure anyone would want to read that and with the amount of people who downloaded the straight Dorian mod, I feel like I'd be attacked on both fronts if I tried to post it.

17. a tiny mushroom

@witchknights I am glad you think so! Imagine the deep pressure Bull could apply to you =P I was just like, "Yes. Bull helping autistic Quizzie deal with all the things. Quizzie helping Bull deal with his all his deep-seated trauma. YESSSSSSSSSS EMOTIONS."

I would totally read that fic! I like deep important friendship fic just as much as I love romantic fic. If people get a bee in their bonnet about cute moriallegiance than they can just bloody well deal with it.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  18. witchknights

Bull picking up on little cues that quizzie is getting overloaded and arranging quiet alone time by standing in front of their tent looking scary! Bull picking up the concept of stims on his own and giving the bad eye to people who dared say anything! Being interested in their special interests!

His philosophy of giving quizzie what they need is just juicy for it.

Ngnn I'm glad. I got the idea from the kinkmeme, actually - a prompt about codependency after IHW, but I lost the prompt and I sort of want to write the thing with my main quizzie...
    Idk, her friendship w Dorian is super important to me and I feel so weird when I see people accusing people of gay-best-friending Dorian that I really wanted to, like, develop their relationship and stuff.

• Like x 1
  19. a tiny mushroom

*slams tankard down* YES. ANOTHER. Aaah I gotta keep writing now!!!

Also yes, I would read that fic! I think that sounds really interesting to explore.

20. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

@witchknights I too am super interested in an F!Inky + Dorian moirallegiance fic. Because WHY NOT, when you befriend him in game he becomes SUPER good friends and is like the only character who worries over the Inquisitor after Here Lies the Abyss! So yes, please go for it, and should anyone give you grief I would be happy to give them what for. (Like gee isn't it kind of misogynistic and infantilizing to assume a gay guy can't be friends with a woman without becoming tokenized? HMMM.)

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice