Dragon Age anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Apr 25, 2015.

1. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

Question: How do you make certain to get the maximum number of companions/advisors to come to Varric's Wicked Grace game? I know some won't show up under certain circumstances, but I dunno if it's approval, or if certain quests need to be completed for each one or what. Googling isn't helping me, it's just people asking how to TRIGGER the game.

• Like x 2
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

So I've been plunking away at this Inquis (focusing much more on completionism, rather than grinding hard and fast to the end for the Trespasser DLC like my first one) and finally got the Cullen sex scene. And I'm laughing so hard, because dude just fucking guns for it on the desk and that is the funniest thing to me rn. Go you, Cullen. Carpe diem and all that.

• Like x 3
  3. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Look, you've seen how often shit goes down there, right? He's taking the opportunity now, before someone tries to murder them all. Again.

• Like x 6
  4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

But did he clean the desk afterwards, is the real question.

• Like x 2
  5. KingStarscream

His roof is still falling out and half the office is in shambles. I am willing to bet he never cleaned the desk, ever.

• Like x 4
  6. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Going by the first kiss scene, he knows he's got about 4 minutes and 28 seconds before some recruit comes in wanting something.

• Like x 7
  7. rje

rje here comes the sun

i chose for Cole to forgive human-Cole's murderer and now i instantly regret it. Ididn't know he was gonna go THAT far back into spirit territory, sob. I genuinely feel awful, good writing
    I've been picking all the opposite choices my bf did on his playthrough so i can see what happens (aka the not-nice choices) and i feel like a monster lol. But that's how i always play, one character gets to be the bad guy and then i instantly make another and do all the good ones to cleanse my soul.

• Like x 2
  8. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

re: Cole spoiler

Having him go more spirit gets even more heart wrenching later. :')

• Like x 1
  9. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

cole might be the number one most tear-jerky character for me. he's so...cole.

• Like x 3
  10. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

@Mercury Could you elaborate on that spoiler? My brain is not remembering what you're referring to.

11. Mercury

Sure!

After What Pride Had Wrought and you can talk to all of the companions before you go after Corypheus, when Cole is more spirit he's really upset about Corypheus's body snatching routine, and he wonders if that's essentially what he did with the real Cole. He starts remembering how the real Cole died, and then makes himself forget everything about the real Cole. The Inquisitor calls his names a few times before he responds in an eerily flat and calm voice that you can still call him that if you want. He'll stay to help.

He's not really Cole anymore at that point, but has gone back to being mostly Compassion.

• Like x 3
  12. blue

blue hightown funk you up

13. KingStarscream

D: D: D:

And to think, I made him a spirit this time so that I could
    get the ending slide with Krem and Maryden together instead of Cole and Maryden. Now I feel awful ono

14. Mercury

If it helps

he seems very content and stable in Trespasser, and enjoys observing and doing his spirit thing. He's just fine. It's very bittersweet, though, because in a way the Inquisitor lost a friend - Compassion is a different person than Cole.

• Like x 2
  15. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Iirc correctly, Cole's arc was designed so there was no "right" answer. There's benefits and downsides to both paths

• Like x 3
  16. Mercury

This is very true! It was just

a HUGE punch in the gut with that particular Inquisitor, especially since I didn't know it was coming - Embriel is a Dalish elf who romanced Dorian and his best friend was Sera, so at that point of time he was dealing with the knowledge that the ancient elves are dicks who don't even consider him one of them and barely a real person at all, Sera is making fun of it all, Dorian is going to up and leave to Tevinter the moment Corypheus is dead, Solas seems weirdly detatched about the whole thing and sounds like he's going to up and leave at the first opportunity, no one else gets it... and then Cole forgets himself.

Embriel wanted to lock himself in his quarters and cry.

• Like x 4
  17. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

:( :( :(

• Like x 2
  18. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I got the sudden urge to finish my Dalish retexture of the Arcane Warrior armor, but I was met with several issues:
    • at the end of october my last graphics card self-destructed so spetacularly that it corrupted my entire windows 7 install, which forced me to purchase another hard drive and windows 10. As such, I have lost photoshop, its plugins, along with all the other software needed to mod this goddamn game;
    • i can't find the version of the mod maker that opened the files without crashing them
    • i want to cry every time i remember i have to use windows 10
    i want to cry a bit

• Like x 1
  19. Mercury

@witchknights the 1.1.0.16 version of the tool is the one that works, you can get it in this thread, second post down.

20. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

For various reasons my ENTIRE SAVE FILE for DA:O was deleted, meaning all the progress I had made with a) my elf warrior and b) romancing alistair IS ALL FOR NAUGHT

so i have remade with Amon, the elf mage.

Dear mage background: What.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice