Dragon Age anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

all i want in life is for Cassandra's voice actress to read "Hard in Hightown" in character and with commentary.

• Agree x 5
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Consider: Cassandra and Aveline's VAs reading Hard in Hightown while in character though.

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 4
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

They already got Varric's VA to do a tiny bit of reading for the promo so clearly this HAS to happen.

• Winner x 1
  4. IvyLB

Sssssssso

from here

from here

here

here, Hafter was Dane's son and heir.

here
    Given what we know of Werewolves in Ferelden through the relevant DA:O Quest, it is entirely possible the "rare white hart" in this instance is a poetic description/metaphor for Keeper Zathrian's daughter. Or, you know. Ghilan'nain, the Mother of Halla, whose dedicated statue seems to more often than not depict a white hart instead of a proper Halla. Of course Ghilan'nain's legend is a little different but then she was a woman still back then and not a Halla. Given Flemeth's appearance in some versions and the themes of Justice and Vengeance in Dane and the Werewolf (and the Werewolf centered DA:O quest) I'd not be surprised to hear there's an elven version and a human version of this myth ending more or less in the same place. There only wrench thrown into this would be the Dales having been sacked like almost a century before Flemeth was even born but frankly if we consider "Flemeth" to just be a stand-in for any instance of Mythal meddling in human affairs in some sort of way after the Clayne/Fereldan People broke away from explicitly acknowledging The Lady Of The Sky (this is always assuming The Lady and Mythal are the same entity but you know, I consider it pretty likely), which especially if we take this to take place sssssort of between the Fall Of Arlathan and the Founding Of the Dales makes things actually fit together rather nicely.
    This means that the Emerald Knights' Guardians and the Mabari come from the same base assumption that "wolf good protector, will help with Justice", which is explicitly tied to a Mythal like idea of Violent Retributional Justice, which of course makes sense if you consider that Mythal and Fen'Harel (aka Thedas' biggest mcfreakin furry boy) likely had a very intimate relationship, and that we see wolf statues near and around Mythal's temple.
    So basically all Mabari are slobbering tributes to Fen'Harel, thank you for coming to my ted talk

slightly off topic WOW how have i never heard of THIS before???? Apparently the godhood was passed onto Morrigan? which godhood???? Mythal? The essence of Urthemiel???? Does this mean I get to see more of Chasind Swamp Trash Wife?

• Like x 3
  5. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

@IvyLB
    I doubt it's Urthemiel, as Keran doesn't exist in every worldstate and while we don't know what happened to Urthermiel's essence in the case of the Warden, Ali, or Loghain making the ultimate sacrifice, Flemythal almost certainly doesn't have it cause she clearly needed Morrigan's dark ritual to capture the essence.That feels like too big a choice to retcon or write two ways. It's probably the mantle of Mythal, but I still don't see much in game to support those designer notes.

• Agree x 2
  6. IvyLB

yea the 'kieran's existance optional' thing is one of the bigger problems, but flemythal did reaaaaally want that given that's the whole reason morrigan was sent along with the warden. There's definitely a brief second where Flemmy is touching the eluvian and sending something wispy glowy through it before turning to face Solas, it just wasn't quite certain what she was doing there.
    Anyways i'm just over here hoping that DA4 endgame involves Morrigan-as-Mythal shoving Solas in a pool or something, preferably while Anders laughs on the sidelines if he survived. Because I am eternally in love with the Disaster Mages Fucking Their Protagonist Over Club

• Agree x 4
  7. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

hey........ just popping in to say that Family by Mother Mother is the most Hawke&Co song I have ever heard in my Life

They got my blood up in their veins
    I get a cut, they feel my pain
    They got my heart, they got my soul
    They know the stuff nobody knows

When we're out for dinner we're cussing like sailors
    The people are staring and talking in whispers
    "Hey what's with the strange breed?"

They is my family, they is my family
    They might be crazy, but they is my family
    You can't get to them unless you get through me
    You fuck with them, you fuck with me

And if you're standing on the ledge
    I'll pull you down, put you to bed
    And if you're bleeding from the heart
    I'll come around, and clean it up

When we're at the party we're dancing on tables
    The people are staring like they got a peephole
    "Hey look at the strange breed"

A motley crew, a rodeo
    A goddamn zoo, a circus show
    But oh don't you know how it goes
    We are all walking each other home

• Agree x 3
  8. IvyLB

Oh man that is *cool*

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  9. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

We definitely do not mind someone resurrecting a fan thread, especially not when they share something as cool as that! DANG.

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
  10. KingStarscream

*inhales*
    *EXTENDED YELL OF HYPE TRAIN*

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Like x 5
    • Winner x 4
  11. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I cant watch it because I should be sleeping but aaaaaaaaaa

• Agree x 1
  12. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

sorrryy???

SORRY WHAT?

13. KingStarscream

[​IMG]

also, here's a large HQ version of the still used from it!

• Winner x 7
  14. bewildertrix

bewildertrix our lady in chambers

yesssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSS it's so BEAUTIFUL

• Agree x 3
  15. IvyLB

There's so much and I can't get my thoughts in order enough to articulate any of it properly but is anyone sure if the sentence from solas is a new recording or literally straight up his first statement at the end of trespasser because that was my first thought but i've seen some follks react like it's new and I'm confused.

• Agree x 1
  16. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

It could just be my memory but it doesn’t sound quite the same to me as when he says it in trespasser

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

It sounds a lot different to me than in Trespasser. I remember his line in Trespasser being gentle and sad, much like his expression as he turned; when I watched the trailer I was struck by how gruff and worn he sounded, to the point I was wondering if that was actually Solas's voice.

• Informative x 3
  18. IvyLB

yeah hearing it a few more times I'm pretty sure too it's a different recording, but the choice in the words being more or less the same is no doubt very deliberate.

• Agree x 3
  19. IvyLB

Also! I dunno if this has been done before, and if it has been no doubt priorities shifted somewhat, but what's y'all's wishlist as to lore to be expanded on?
    I'd really love more visuals for Tevinter stylistics, more lore and visuals for the Qunari and i desperately want to know what the fuck is up with kal-sharok and also desperately would love knowledge on the ambassadoria of the tevinter imperium.
    another thing I'd love to know more about is the Forgotten Ones, and by extension the Void, as well as the forgotten ones cult mentioned in the last court.
    also.... pls more antiva and rivain............... also more anderfels lore?

• Agree x 7
  20. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

The forgotten ones, weisshaupt and where humans actually came from

• Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice