Dragon Age anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kittenly, Apr 25, 2015.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

drags this in here like a bedraggled cat who caught some horrifying mutant rat

• Winner x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. IvyLB

there's also a bit of other theory babbling in my blogette thread, I'm just too lazy to crosspost it, the only thing is I'm not necessarily as vigilant with spoiler tagging there? Which like, lmao it's not like trespasser and descent are even still spoiler tag worthy, but you know

3. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

new Adaar....... I Love Qunari So Much
    Anaan.png Anaan2.png

• Winner x 6
  4. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

SHE'S BEAUTIFUL......

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. applechime

THANK...!!! SHES SO BIG AND STRONG AND SHES GONNA SWEEP JOSEPHINE OFF HER FEET

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  6. applechime

have u heard the good news about Anaan Adaar who has undergone minor revisions and is more powerful and glamorous than ever
    chargers.png fortunes.png verchiel.png wake up.png you continue to surprise me.png ofgoodmen.png posthawke.png

• Winner x 5
  7. IvyLB

Ohhhh my god she's gorgeous!
    Also did I show you guys my newest Hawke yet? She's uh... she's.... well. WELL.
    A garbage girl?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sylvia is a purple hawke, bloodmage and romancing merrill when I'm not writing terrible non canon fanfic where she's causing cullen to question his sanity even more than usual

• Winner x 6
  8. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

oh man i started replaying Inquisition and i've been meaning to post my ludicrously handsome hipster Lavellan

IMG_7491.jpg

eyeliner on point, full luscious lips, rocking the Scout Harding hair, just enough stubble. Iron Bull won't know what hit him.

also,
    this is the first time i've played a Lavellan since that guide to which deities the vallaslin correspond to was posted, and i def picked the Mythal pattern on purpose. :P

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 1
  9. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

Seeing all these pretty characters made me want to put up some of my screenshots :3c

First up is Ren, who is my canon Quizzie. She is smol and likes to steal biscuits from the kitchen. By the end of Trespasser she is full of Rage. Her vallaslin is Falon'Din, which is fitting as she's a necromancer. She makes a deal with a knowledge spirit shortly after Trespasser to learn how to remove it. She romanced Cullen in game, getting married in Trespasser, then found after disbanding the Inquisition that having a common threat and cause can hold people together despite radical differences in ideology and personal values, and without it they drift apart and Ren leaves after a few months with his family. She's got Shit To Do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Teifi is my Solasmancer, and she's...well she's got some empathy problems. She's a little sociopathic, but is more or less functional, if a little intense and hard to get along with. Unless you're the sort of person she likes, which there are a few in the Inquisition. She adores Dorain, Varric, and Vivienne, and gets along very well with children. She and Keiran are buddies. Blackwall has committed the worst sin ever against her by being boring, and the only decent thing he's done was be executed, because that was interesting to watch. She and Solas burn hot for each other because she's vivacious and arrogant pushes his buttons in a way that reminds him of a younger version of himself, and he's into it.
    [​IMG]

This last one I made not to play in DAI, but because I like the CC and needed to get a ref of his face for a commission. But it lead me to think about what Jan Ruddock would be like as Inquisitor, and the answer is: unbearable. I might play though a little more to see if I can get more shots of him smiling, cause Ruddock spends about 90% of his waking hours grinning like a jack-o-lantern. But I'm pretty sure he's physically incapable of taking anything seriously. You fools, he didn't come here to win. He came here to MAKE FRIENDS >:D The Chantry has to revise the whole damn religion, because this doofus being chosen as Herald could only mean The Maker is a Cruel God.

(ugh, his white hair is getting rendered weirdly. The only way the CC has failed me is the hair. he's supposed long curly hair that's in a loose ponytail but alas. I went with the bun cause it looks the best in the front around his face.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 5
  10. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

• Informative x 3
  11. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

Yeah I saw that article. Jim Sterling has two good videos from this week and a few weeks ago about it. I'm at the point where I'm just cutting my emotional losses and assuming the people are right when they say it's anthem but with dragons. Which is not something I have any interest in frankly.

The Jimquisition this week was exceptionally insightful, using the metaphor or drama club and sports teams competing for school funding and how sports will p much always win cause that's what brings in community support and money. Triple A publishers wants to publish sports team games like FIFA and OverWatch, because that's where they can get ALL the money. But they keep buying Drama Club studios like bioware or visceral that got famous for doing good, moderately successful games that were more niche. And then turning around and asking them to make things that weren't in their wheel house (a destiny clone for bioware?? Really?) and then on top of that not giving them as much money or other resources as their pet studios that work on the sports team titles. So the drama club studio puts out mediocre to bad work and the studio gets axed for "failing to meet expectations". Like. EA. If you don't want to publish niche titles then don't publish niche titles. But then you can't just buy up studios that are famous for making niche titles!

The whole this is a mess and I'm just glad I have the whole me trilogy complete and wonderful and no one will take it from me.

God I also just feel so sorry for the secs devs and writers cause they clearly care so much and have so much skill and talent.

• Agree x 1
  12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

If this bit of investigative journalism is to be believed, Bioware actually did that one entirely to themselves, and in fact a significant part of the problem is that the leadership was so insistent that they weren't making a Destiny clone that they wouldn't let anyone talk about things that Destiny did well. (It sounds like the biggest part of the project that was strictly EA's fault was mandating that every single game use the awful Frostbite engine, and then yeah, sports-team drama-club fight over the limited numbers of engineers who knew how to work Frostbite and amount of tech support for it.)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    • Informative x 1
  13. IvyLB

New! Lad!
    Twohanded-Warrior Àedàn Cadash, Full Time Gay Hedonistic Disaster, he will become a reaver (he has Berserker ancestry) and romance Dorian

• Winner x 2
  14. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

@IvyLB

Your pictures aren't showing up for me. :(

• Agree x 2
  15. IvyLB

OH NO okay hold on I'll
    Try reuploading them
    2019-04-26 (162).png 2019-04-27 (2).png 2019-04-27 (68).png 2019-04-27 (80).png

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 4
  16. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

The eyeshadow is giving me life. Let us know how any scenes with Dorian go because he his so short.

• Agree x 1
  17. IvyLB

I will absolutely do this!!!! honestly going for the height extremes in romance scenes is hilarious.
    Cass' and Blackwall's romance scenes with qunari are funny as hell and so fucking worth it. Poor cass has a backache from hell given how far she leans back for kisses.
    I also just got Magekiller and Deception collection volumes!!!! the cover illustrations of those two and Knight Errant are so friggin gorgeous.

18. mericorn

mericorn doin my best

How are Magekiller and Knight Errant as series? I have the Isabela, Alistair, and Varric comic and I really enjoy it.

19. IvyLB

frankly having just finished the whole trilogy again? Magekiller is really nice for backstory and filling out some of DA:I but it's mostly good for banter, character dynamics and some Calpernia And Dorian content. Also canon lesbians. Very good. Chef Kiss. Also Great Deals Of Charter Content (tm). Love spying stab elf.
    (eta:) Magekiller also features both the Chargers and Sutherland's company in decently sized roles which is very nice. The first few issues of this one also have worldbuilding for Tevinter to offer. All in all, this is a treat if you're hungry for more content on minor characters, but mostly weaves around DA:I and thus doesn't much further or supplement the plot significantly.
    Knight Errant is amazing and I would kill a man for Vaea and Ser Aaron Hawthorne. It has significantly less worldbuilding bc it takes place in the Marches (and in flashbacks in ferelden) but it's an important link between Magekiller and Deception plotwise. But again, Vaea and Ser Aaron's dynamic make it well worth it. The only major turn off is that both Varric and Sebastian look pretty weird, ngl
    Deception is an absolutely amazing read, full to choking of worldbuilding detail for Tevinter and amazing new characters, as well as great continuations of Vaea and Ser Aaron's arcs. It also fills in story after Trespasser, just like Knight Errant. (both take place after the events at the Winter Palace, so 9:44 Dragon for Knight Errant, potentially 9:45 Dragon for Deception). There's also several interesting hooks and hints scattered throughout that will no doubt come to bear for DA4. It does make significantly less sense without the previous installment than Knight Errant does without Magekiller.
    All in all, all three are gorgeously rendered, witty and fast paced with great character writing, interesting worldbuilding snippets and absolutely amazing character and costume design. I absolutely recommend all three!!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Informative x 5
  20. IvyLB

you guys remember how i had a whole wall of crazy moment about fabric textures in the DA4 teaser mural matching the fabric texture on Arcane Horrors?
    I found another fabric swatch parallel
    as a reminder, here's the mural and the parallels to all three versions of arcane horrors:
    Robes (1).jpg
    teaser mural

screens-preview-2.jpg
    Dragon Age: Origins Arcane Horror
    DA2_Arcane_Horror_enemy_demons_spellcaster_glowing_hands_and_Corpse (1).jpg DA2_Arcane_Horror_enemy_demons_spellcaster.jpg
    Dragon Age 2 Arcane Horror
    Arcane_horror_(Inquisition).png
    Dragon Age: Inquisition Arcane Horror which is the least easy to make out the diamond pattern on, but it's there I promise
    As you can see we have a regular pattern of gold embroidered diamond shapes on a deep burgundy shading to black background

Now initially I was like 'OH SHIT I FOUND ANOTHER CHARACTER WHO WEARS THIS' but actually I got over excited and it's not quite the same pattern, but!!! I still found another example of that pattern being used!
    I present to you: Morrigan 100% ripped off Fen'Harel's robes for her Halamshiral Gown

tumblr_nv193lssRW1rqvbq7o1_1280.jpg
    2019-05-01 (14).png

2019-05-01 (14) (1).png tumblr_nv193lssRW1rqvbq7o1_1280 (1).jpg

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice