Drawing Thread!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by wixbloom, Feb 27, 2015.

1. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

And Sawtooth and Squarewave :D
    Additional Cal can be found in the symmetrical lace patters on either side of their chests. The one in the center started life as a smuppet. I was pleased at how pretty it turned out >:D

• Like x 1
  2. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

@littlemissCodeless Remember when I said I'd draw something for you in exchange for the Jaeger drawing of me?
    :D
    Codycat.jpg
    I had a lot of fun, I used it as an excuse to try different things and brushes ^u^

• Like x 10
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Purr, thank mew! That is very neat.

• Like x 1
  4. AbsenteeLandlady123

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I think I'm having an art level up

• Like x 7
  5. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

• Like x 9
  6. AbsenteeLandlady123

7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

8. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

Quicky Vivi for today: image.jpg

• Like x 5
  9. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Thank you! And thanks, Kathy, if you were talking to me too. XD

• Like x 2
  10. unknownanonymous

@Ruevian you're welcome!
    i watched the progress gif and was reminded of just how much i don't know about digital art, lol. i presume the thing with the colours being put down, disappearing and then appearing again was a layers and transparency thing but... yeah, i dunno.

11. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Yeah, pretty much! Not so much transparency, but various layer modes. The gif goes: sketch > line art > flat colors > flat colors adjusted for darkness > ambient occlusion > shading and highlights > shading + ambient occlusion > shading + ambient occlusion + flat colors > rim lighting > complete and total bullshit

I was trying out new coloring and lighting techniques since I can't color for shit and I'm a little chafed it didn't come out how I wanted, but such is art, the eternal struggle of my life.

• Like x 1
  12. unknownanonymous

@Ruevian thanks!
    i don't think i've even heard of ambient occlusion and rim lighting before, so...

13. AbsenteeLandlady123

[​IMG]
    More progress made on this. Pleased with the toning, though the gradients need to be subtler and I lost some highlights while upping the coverage on the cheeks. Very pleased with his nose though, like. Damn.
    Tips on what to do about the eyebrows are more than welcome though, because they do not look right and I'm getting frustrated.

• Like x 3
  14. unknownanonymous

to celebrate season 10 of fop being a thing, here’s a drawing of my fave fop character, norm the genie, who probs likely won’t even be in it (but i have hope!)
    tumblr_ntb9k3H1je1rxn71yo1_500.jpg

• Like x 2
  15. AbsenteeLandlady123

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    More progress and a super rough colour test. Fixed what was bothering me with the eyebrows. Going to spend some time punching a pillow later for proper fold referencing, and then make last anatomy corrections on the shoulders and shiz because I know there's still funky stuff going on there. Digging the tired and drained look achieved with the colour wash.

• Like x 4
  16. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

I drew a lady today I guess? What is anatomy and also hands. I think her face is too high on her head.
    image.jpg

• Like x 3
  17. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i finished both imperial radch books last week and man alive have i been drawing nothing but seivarden!!!! wow!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

under the cut: a really large seivarden sketch plus some weirdass dolorosa nsfw bullshit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 12
  18. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

hey hey hey remember this
    well i FINALLY FINISHED oooooooof
    link on tumblr HERE so i dont have to deal with fukken spoiler quotes, nsfw obviously
    also a link to the fullsize in that post, pls click that or all the hairy goodness will be lost

• Like x 2
  19. lupadracolis

lupadracolis [This space is intentionally left blank]

August edition of Eridan Ampora in a dress comes with a kaftan and speedos, appropriate for this aawful heat D: I think his feet, hands, and knees are some of the best I've done!
    [​IMG]

• Like x 3
  20. Sailorbeefcake

Sailorbeefcake Well-Known Member

Domestic bliss in the Pycaptor hivehold

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice