Drawing Thread!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by wixbloom, Feb 27, 2015.

1. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

@Kit I am having trouble with the link, but I am curious about the progress shots because I do love me some color theory and may have some suggestions for you to try out with your pastels ^_^

@amberbydreams I am terrible at critiques because I have a hard time determining what is style and what should be fixed. Also there is some weird effect that when you make something *perfect* it loses it's life. So, I like the aesthetics of your piece. The head does feel a touch too big for the body and I think that the sharp angle of the forehead and the prominent chin make the head seem elongated. I personally wouldn't mess with it much(unless you like doing that) because how you shaded the figure works with the shapes you made. I would maybe try looking at references or guides for head/face proportions(I can sketch a few if you'd like) for future pics though. Anyways, hope this was helpful.

2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

it was! face proportions are something i struggle with a ton, i'll definitely resume trying to practice those. I got in an art funk most the summer that i'm just starting to pull out of (mostly by the motivation of fear of being the worst person at art in all my classes >.>)

and cause i can't resist cause wow it looks better, version with smaller head:
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

ooh yes small head is good :D
    you are a good at art

• Like x 2
  4. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Sure! Let's try this link thing again. Fwiw, there's only one stage shown while I was applying color - the other two are the sketch and linework.

5. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

[​IMG]
    I bought an animation course today so I can get the most out of my 30 day flash trial. Already got some improvement.

• Like x 7
  6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Found my old Deviantart, and was actually pleasantly surprised by some of the stuff on it. Only two things, actually. Out of a total of five items, all for RP groups I was too shy to RP in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goddamn, those are big. I still don't have clue how to computer, even after a solid fifteen years of playing around with them. :/

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    • Like x 7
  7. AbsenteeLandlady123

[​IMG]
    Refined it a bit :D Still a little off, but better.

• Like x 5
  8. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Not new things but I'm still rly happy with these and I kinda miss my old bold style these were done in. Also major art block rn but if I could draw I would be drawing more of this goth asshole.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 5
  9. AbsenteeLandlady123

[​IMG]
    Finished :D

• Like x 9
  10. NumiTuziNeru

NumiTuziNeru @#$%?

[​IMG]
    seawitch reference, hooray!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just illustrations (?) for a Thing

• Like x 11
  11. theambernerd

[​IMG]

• Like x 6
  12. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

kiiiiitttttttttyyyyyyy

13. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 13
  14. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

*purring* Eaaaaaars and paws and hoofsies, ahhh~

• Like x 2
  15. theambernerd

aaaaah @Void you have like exactly the type of style n clean art amazingness that i'm trying to work towards ;o; so prettyyy

• Like x 3
  16. Void

<3 thanks

• Like x 1
  17. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Seriously, those stripes, man. Those are fucking gorgeous.

• Like x 1
  18. Void

I love drawing stripes. They're so fun!

• Like x 3
  19. theambernerd

I join animation collabs on youtube for a silly cat series, and I'm rly proud of how my latest turned out, so here have it
    (content warning: some blood and a dead cat)

• Like x 2
  20. Void

[​IMG]
    Meet Eira, my transgirl raccoon dog lady person thing

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice