Drawing Thread!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by wixbloom, Feb 27, 2015.

1. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

2015-05-16 22.31.43.jpg
    GUESS WHO FINISHED THE COMMISSION

• Like x 5
  2. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This has been my haul this evening. Think I'll play a game now, but it was nice to flex my hand a bit.

• Like x 2
  3. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

I am procrastinating terribly right now. I should figure out how to make a slider menu, but I don't wanna yet. So instead, have some porcelain kintsugi fairies I've been doodling today.

Fairies 1.jpeg

(my fairies are awful creatures. I like drawing smarmy, creepy ones that make faustian deals with humans.)

• Like x 5
  4. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Shitty day, was trying to bang out a cute cartoon woobat (possibly for doing the whole variations meme?), kind of failed. Bleh. First thing I've produced in basically months on a positive note, though.

[​IMG]

• Like x 7
  5. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    • Like x 10
  6. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

@sicknastyspades

Don't be sorry holy shit i want that buff lady to pick me up and carry me

• Like x 1
  7. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I see nothing to be sorry for.

8. Hobo

Probably gunna be spamming the thread with these woobat variations as I get done with them, sorry in advance!

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  9. Hobo

My woobats are taking over this thread because I DO WHAT I WANT. I will double post my way to the top!

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  10. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

[​IMG]

Another half-finished montage that is ... actually more like an illustration, excep that's a tiger shark and they're like fifteen feet long, so....

I had more trouble figuring out how to put the elements we were given together, and wound up mostly-cutting some and taking a few liberties with others. For example, in the reference picture that guy's hand is at a different angle, and also still attached to him, but Art Instructor made the mistake of saying that we could include JUST the hand + flare gun if we wanted, and I sort of took it as confirmation that lopping off body parts was a-okay.

So anyway there's this murder shark, and this guy who goes up against it with a flaregun and gets murder-eaten, all except the hand. Then the shark gets killed and winds up taxidermied in a museum of naval disasters, but it's magic or something so it reankmates at night and floats around eating people 'cause why not, it's a magic murder shark, it does what it wants. Then the ghost of the guy who got eaten follows it around trying to alert alive people to its magic murdering. (He's actually pointing at a newspaper front page featuring a story about the museum opening and also three people going missing suddenly, o noes, where could they be? but it doesn't show up in the picture I took. Also, I just realised that if the hand in the case is his, he's got two right hands.)

One of my classmates put the pictures together to create a story about a guy fighting off zombies with the aid of a friendly shark, so we actually spent some time in class discussing whether eating a zombie would turn the friendly shark into a zombie shark. Good times.

@Vast Derp Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I was also :3 when I read your comment. And yeah, you're definitely responsible for the fact that my idea of "making a story interesting" is adding more monsters, or dead people, or dead monsters, or dead people who are monsters.

11. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, @Fish butt, those faeries, I love them! What a cool idea! And @Hobo, Woobat is one of my favorite pokemon, and I love what you've done with them! :D

On a completely unrelated note, I'm dealing with a crisis of confidence over a drawing I finished recently, and was hoping for a secord (/third/fourth/fifth) opinion. Is this the right thread for that, or is there a different one...?

• Like x 1
  12. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

13. Fish butt

@mazarinedrake thanks! And yes, don't hesitate on posting your drawing here and asking for an opinion. This is absolutely the thread for that!

14. Fish butt

Also, does graphic design count as drawing? Because I just commissioned a deck of cards I designed to be printed and they came in today!!

FaceGame_smallrender.jpg

Ironically, the idea came from my ex to make a deck of cards based on the tarot and the rhyme 'Tinker Tailor'. He had envisioned a type of magic the gathering, though, but I did this instead. I'm so happy with how they look!! :D (Also he was deeply disappointed in the cards and now doesn't want anything to do with them - even though his mug features on two of the most important cards - the wizard and the tinker)

EDIT: aaaaand that's my name on there. Oh well, I wasn't being too good at the whole anonymity thing. I do prefer being called 'Fishbutt' on here, though.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    • Like x 3
  15. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Long haired Fenris from Dragon Age. As per usual I couldn't decide which version I like better. Feedback on which version you like better is so welcome.

• Like x 2
  16. Fish butt

I'm going to do useful stuff now. But I was so happy with my cardgame that I doodled a shitton of faces.

faces.jpeg

• Like x 5
  17. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

This is really terrible Jessie and Seebs.
    Ignore the third figure, just a random thing.
    Ask if what the characters are saying isn't clear.
    There's a male symbol over jesse's head, and ????? over seebs' (I have strange sense of humor)
    2015-05-21.jpg
    the text on jesse's shirt does in fact say (Pirate King) King of Lunch, but w/e.
    These are likely wildly inaccurate.

• Like x 3
  18. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I tried to make a better version of this and failed miserably but idk i really like this sketch

Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 7.41.32 PM.png

• Like x 1
  19. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

ahh cute! what do the speech bubbles say?

edit: ps no that's pretty accurate tbh :D

20. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

Seebs' say "why the fuck do I have a body?" in reference to one of the first things from them I read, and "so much child abuse this isn't okay"

Yours say "Feeding people, knitting!" and "Cats marvel fantrolls!"

I've only been looking at your blog recently so I can't really think of what you'd say sorry. Heh

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice