Drawing Thread!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by wixbloom, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

@witchknights I've always liked drawing skulls, and they're a big part of my childhood - the biology classrooms in my schools were the stuff of horror movies: human brains in solution, a collection of human and primate skulls, good ol' Jack (a real human skeleton my last school 'inherited' when it took over the building of an older school - we loved making up stories about Jack being an old student who never did his homework) and for some reason the box with radioactive samples that people kept on meaning and forgetting to move to the Chemistry classroom... Also, in some of my international schools we had quite a few Mexicans who would always organise marionette-making activities on dia de los muertos.

2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Aw, that's so cute!!! I was born on Halloween and my mom is a doctor, so I have both ego-related and scientific-interest-based reasons to like skellies (thanks, anglo-saxon world, for celebrating me. if only brazil could get on with the program already). When I get into med school, I hope I can justify spending money on a skeleton-shaped coat hanger because i have literally always wanted one of those.
    your school sounds SO COOL tho. mine were never that good - either private school with 15 students per year or HORRIBLY UNDERFUNDED small town public school - so we mostly kept to pictures.

• Like x 2
  3. Fish butt

@witchknights Haha, remind me to tell you the story of this doctor we knew in Colombia and his quest for a human skeleton for in his office.

Ah, the school with the brains was a small one in Colombia and the only one that wanted to have me (you could only get in the American school if you bribed the headmaster), and the other school was an International school in the Netherlands. Both were really great and very, very odd. I kind of feel like most of my life I was a time traveller, because I swear some of these schools were holdovers from the 50's or even the 30's. Like, the International one had a physics lab that was FILLED with morse-code machines. It had two biology rooms, and one storage room that was filled with stuffed animals or reptiles floating in preserving fluids.

4. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

the public school got some bones and animal fetuses one year, which i suspect were mostly like, sourced from roadkill or something because it was the same year our classroom didnt have actual tables for all students for three months

• Like x 1
  5. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

1.PNG 2.PNG
    3.PNG
    I struggle with the sculptris painting tools, but ye. Have a creepy lil teal grub

• Like x 3
  6. AbsenteeLandlady123

[​IMG]
    I did this in half an hour and I'm pretty pleased! Workflow time is improving, even if this is rough as heck.

• Like x 3
  7. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

shinyskirt.png

Base by Bunnystick

Annd I just noticed I never changed her eyes. Fuckit.

• Like x 1
  8. AbsenteeLandlady123

[​IMG]
    who better to try and be symbolic with than ancestors, right?

• Like x 2
  9. AbsenteeLandlady123

[​IMG]
    Gonna be fully rendering this one.

• Like x 2
  10. Fish butt

I've been watching movies and working today, and unwinded by drawing the first faces I saw in the opening scene of every film. I'm rather pleased with the Natalie Portman one in the lower part (even though it doesn't look much like her, I like the eyebrows). Although I very much like the Dario Argento girl in the upper left.

faces 1.jpeg

• Like x 6
  11. AbsenteeLandlady123

speriment.png
    I want to do something for world building june, so atm I'm trying to consider how to make a culture that's relatively unique. Thinking about long, slender necks and flat chests being a+ beauty things, along with sloping noses and sharp angles. Makeup applied to draw attention too/create the illusion of wrinkles, everything must be exaggerated. Very little disparity between male/female presentation as far as makeup and hair styles go. Thinking that buildings would be very triangular. Ye c:

• Like x 4
  12. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

HOSHIT, I love that style so much.

• Like x 1
  13. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I pulled out my drawing tablet finally this week
    and i figured out that my favorite any-universe-OC has 6 letters in her first & last name
    sooooo
    fantroll
    (symbol snagged from here but i'm cheerfully pretending i've never seen the color reference.)

Attached Files:

• Like x 3
  14. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

Anyone else a Star Wars fan? :3

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
  15. AbsenteeLandlady123

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG
    I have an uncoloured version that I plan to use for papercraft purposes, but I thought the coloured one was funny, Tried to keep it as true to the 2D sprite as was possible, but I was silly and turned off symmetry far too soon. I'll probably remake it so he's smoother. Also, no shades because I can literally just snip them and dab them in place with hot glue, rather than having to painstakingly build chunky specs

• Like x 3
  16. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    • Like x 7
  17. Fish butt

Grumble grumble I'm trying to research job & education opportunities and my mind just likes to do fuck all:

frustrated.jpeg

• Like x 3
  18. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

Man, I REALLY need to watch Utena.

19. AbsenteeLandlady123

[​IMG]
    Featuring lady smooches between my Inquisitor and Hawke u.u

• Like x 2
  20. Fish butt

fairies 3.jpeg

If I don't draw this those damn fairies won't stop buzzing in my head. Now I can get some work done.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice