1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

Dreams thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 13, 2015.

1. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I dreamt I had a demonic familiar that took the shape of a dumbo octopus the size of the palm of my hand.

It imbued me with the knowledge of how to drive a semi trailer.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Winner x 7
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash absentee sperglord

that's adorable, what a good familiar.

• Agree x 3
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

probably because im planning a road trip, the other night i had a dream where i was planning to go to summer camp for nonbinary people, but it took a while before i remembered that im also diabetic and this was likely not a camp that was designed for diabetics

4. jacktrash

jacktrash absentee sperglord

i dreamed that i found a swastika on a wall, and instead of crossing it out or scrubbing it out i wrote underneath, "nazis = incels on meth"

since the swastika wasn't crossed out, people assumed they went together, and that nazis were now proudly identifying as incels on meth. it became a viral news item. like, morning show voice: "nazis: are they incels on meth??"

the tiki torch brigade was sooooo mad

• Winner x 8
  5. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

We were in someone's basement, full of cardboard boxes. One small box had an arrow drawn on it with the word "Down" written. That arrow indicated the direction of gravity, in that if you turned the box, that changed which direction gravity pulled in.
    This would have been enough of a problem if it were't for the fact that there was another box which was "heavy" enough that, if it touched a boundary of the room, also changed the direction of gravity so that it was on the "floor"; whichever of the two boxes was moved most recently would determine which one would take effect, but of course changing the arrow box also caused the "heavy" box to move, and at some point I accidentally let go of the arrow box so that didn't help.
    It's a good thing dream-me doesn't experience vertigo or nausea.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  6. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

plot of a series of dreams:

there was a bisexual enby protag who stumbles into a motorbike shop/biker bar and kinda got adopted by the patrons
    and a colour coded group of bikers who sometimes show up and are sorta personifications of different aspects/emotions of riding a bike?? they only ever show up on the road to either cause trouble or stealthmentor the enby protag
    or both at the same time
    protag first sees them after a celebratory drinking session with accompanying plot explanation gets interrupted by a mental blackout
    so like theres two big bads? one in the living world, that one was responsible for the death of the protags parents? and the disfigurement of one of the supporting cast (she looked like 2b, was a pianist, and covered a glass eye with her hair)
    and the bar/shop owner, plot twist!, works for living world big bad.

what does lwbb do to warrant their big bad status? no fucking clue.
    theyre also fighting against the other big bad, who was apparently god?? and like. an accumulation of dead souls. "heaven is full of nasty people, its why im not there" said one of the ghost supporting cast
    the protag first saw the colour coded bikers and the ghost in a vision/dream during the mental blackout and they might be confined to those?
    also i tried pitching the plot at my moirail in a dream and they were like "dystopian slice of life urban scifi? you should watch motorcity"
    and i tried to describe the colour coded bikers as trying to "nazghul protag into [plot point i cant remember], if nazghul were chaotic neutral instead of evil"

(some stuff i coaxed out of the context after waking up:
    • the dream actually didn't make it clear whether the power rangers colour coded bikers were hallucinations or ghosts and if other people could see them, but they were definitely not mortal, and might never have been
    • maybe like crowley and his bentley -- everyone else subconsciously avoids them and their attention drifts away from them, and you can only really perceive them if they want you to
    • there was some sort of all-factions biker honour code -- theyll fight god, the world, and each other, but smol things and animals get protected
    • only protag and 2b expy can see the proper dead people ghosts, protag since the mental blackout after the celebratory drinking session, 2b expy since she got disfigured by lwbb
    • the bike shop/bar has an upper story that doubles as an inn
    • lwbb is empathically not good, but they have a damn good reason to go against the 'nasty souls in heaven', which are some kind of greater scope villain, but no idea on *their* plot)

• Winner x 1
  7. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I was in a history class. I think I was a pilot or remote operator or something of a giant mechanical dinosaur (think MechaGodzilla or Trypticon or the like: big, metal, T-Rex shaped, some sort of mouth cannon) learning about the time a thousand years ago that said giant mechanical dinosaur was unleashed and wreaked havoc and destruction across the land.
    I felt compelled to ask the professor, very quietly, about a dark intuition I had. "That last time, was it a presidential directive or an act of Congress?"
    And the professor just stared at me in shock for a moment. Then his expression shifted into resigned disappointment and he replied "yes."

Something something something even less subtle allusion to nuclear weapons than the source material. Also the implication that the United States has lasted at least a thousand years and at some point transitioned into calling itself an empire.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice