Dreams thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 13, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Really bad nightmare :(
    Something about having pet mice and gerbils which got out and produced hideous mutant hybrid offspring inside the couch, I was in trouble for letting them because it ruined Father's Day (which was apparently a huge deal in the dream), and we had to kill them all on the spot, even though some of them looked perfectly fine and could have been rehomed.

• Witnessed x 3
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

A game that was somehow a combination of a gatcha and PvP tower defense. Like, I think the gatcha part was just getting different towers and attack units?

3. garden

garden lucid dreamer

this is probably the most goth dream i have ever had and possibly will ever have:
    two days ago i dreamed that i had to scoop out a brain from a skull with my fingers. the skull was a deep purple, so deep it was almost black, and the brain was a slightly lighter purple. there was no flesh on the skull, or even in it, aside from the brain which i had to dig out. once i was done someone wore the skull as a mask.

• Winner x 2
  4. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Had a dream about an anime that was like My Hero Academia but instead of actually being heroes all the kids were there to master cosplay

• Winner x 6
  5. Exohedron

Dreamed that a bunch of people were putting on a play that apparently focused on the various ways you could die in a Soulsborne game, but it wasn't very realistic as they never once mentioned falling.

• Winner x 5
  6. Exohedron

Another Bloodborne-related dream: apparently I was a hunter and was co-oping with someone, except 1: we were trying some sort of challenge run so I had like no weapons or shoes and 2: the person I was co-oping with somehow had a charisma stat? That was at like 50 or something? So she just kept bluffing people into giving her stuff while I got chased around in the dark by fish monsters?
    Unfair, now that I think about it.

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I've had multiple nightmares about being bitten by snakes recently. Apparently that's supposed to symbolise concerns about health, which, well, yeah.

8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Dream impolitely woke me up :T

[Fictional death]
    I remember cool parts, a sad narrative of time like a soap bubble, fragile and prone to popping and going back... A person's new magic power emerged, you see, but in the form of a limited wish fulfillment manifestation. They were lonely and wanted a friend, so a friend was made for them, a bit of history roughly put together, emphasis more on the personality and how well they got along. Unfortunately they were lonely because jerkass ambitious parent kept trying to make sure all their relationships - romantic, friend, etc - were Beneficial with wealth or connections or such, SO the back story implied manifested!friend was heir to some huge rare vineyards, justifying the friendship enough... Except ambitious!parent decided to try a hostile takeover of these vineyards, which didn't really exist, and the strain on reality was enough to make the whole scenario pop, and they all wound up with fragmented memories a few weeks earlier. It was like the power posited a scenario to reality, and reality did a stress test of the scenario before either vetoing or approving for real, and their memories were from a quick simulation... Still, the end involved the new mage using the power to get out of the family and to a new life, as their brief friend had been suggesting. Part of the coolness was in the impact having a friend can make, even in brief times, and part in the visuals I can't do justice to, some nonsense of people in the scenario setting the breakdown as red-black shapes in the sky spreading and dissolving reality, a desperate last ditch attempt to stop it and heal their world since they didn't know most of it would revert...

[Pandemic and family stress]
    Other dream was neither cool nor cool-looking, and all that sticks out to me was the ending.
    Something of me and family in old family house again, layout and decor somewhat changed but very recognizable to me. My dad talking somewhat disappointed about other relatives and their reluctance with various pandemic measures. Me complaining sharply, insulting the relatives at his every comment, because I didn't like what they were doing but mostly I wanted him to stop talking about it, and I knew if I asked he'd refuse, but if I made it unenjoyable for him he might decide to talk of something else. But he felt a weird honorbound need to defend them as good people despite it, I felt angrier with each halfassed defense and his persistence on the topic, and I got mean in ways that reminded us both of mom's fights with him. He finally quit the conversation at all with very pointedly sad/disappointed complaint and shutting himself in his room, at which point stepmom gave gentle feedback on my tone, and I just woke up with sheer frustration at it all.

• Witnessed x 1
  9. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Do you ever have one of those dreams that really feel like you've stepped into someone else's skin for a while?

Last night I started off as this Indian kid gutting, cooking, and processing fish for my dad's fish farm. We had several big concrete pools filled with carp and something else that was like tilapia to eat but looked more like arowana, and different pools for the different species at different stages of life, including gravid females so we could harvest roe.

My main job was gutting, skinning, and quality-checking fish and then the different grades would be for cooking into curries then frozen, frozen whole, or smoked and salted. We had a small shop people bought from in person, but most of it was bulk orders for restaurants and wholesalers.

I fed the fish guts and scraps to a couple of local dogs I'd become friends with, and I was doing that as well as wading into the pools each day to check the health and status of each fish because my ama would have been doing the quality control and cooking under normal circumstances but she had fallen ill, and my baba was busy looking after her.

Time passed, and I grew up, and my baba passed but ama didn't, but she was chronically weak and in pain. I expanded the fish farm with a cafe and gardens area, so people could stay and eat good food in the shade and my mother always had a nice place to sit.

I woke up when I was in the middle of a legal battle with a munitions factory upriver, because they were dumping toxins into the water and it was costing me to filter it before I could put it in the concrete pools.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  10. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

I had one of those dreams where I was transported to an alternate universe and going around my business there, and then some other guy made a Homestuck reference and I kind of unthinkingly replied with another reference. The guy looked absolutely terrified, and I hastened to explain that I was also from the alternate universe where Homestuck exists, and it had no in fact infected every universe.

• Winner x 5
  11. Exohedron

It's not uncommon for me to be someone else in dreams. It's not even rare for me to swap between being several people in a single dream.

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Miss Piggy (the Muppet) had a best friend named Allison Gator who went by Alli and she was distinctly a nile crocodile Muppet. I forced myself to remember only this specific thing because somehow I thought it was genius and I was gonna make millions

• Informative x 3
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

That IS fucking genius though

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Dreamed that there was a widespread fanfic AU trope where people wrote stories about their OCs living in worlds where their favourite canon characters were gods. I think Lisa Simpson was a goddess of some kind and James Bond knocked up as many mortals as Zeus.

• Winner x 3
  15. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

copy pasted from discord up to the vimes brackets

Had an interesting dream. There was nonsense with horses but then there was an interesting thing with people trying to navigate an airport attached to a train station, Sam Vimes and Ash Ketchum were there, and the elevators and trains turned out to run on these magitech beings called Stone Wolves
    The train ones were happy - being well-treated train engines was basically ideal for them - but the elevator ones werent. Vimes and Ash were talking to them, Ash was important cause he was telepathic and the wolves only method of communication was aura telepathy

I dont remember much of the conversation but at one point they were like "and then - you - arrived - for the first time - shone - a non flickering light - on our world"
    Their speech was like, a lot more concept based? I am not sure if I broke it up correctly.
    (Vimes was doing his usual thing, he just needed a translator)

they had a whole speech about bringing unflinching truth to them instead of twisting it etc using that light metaphor but i only remember that one line

also the train ones had a lot of say in their situation and i think they even had a human to use money for them? stone paws the size of people's heads were not good at handling money, and also moving themselves instead of pieces of the world wasnt nearly as easy for a Stone Wolf as it was for a human

• Winner x 1
  16. Exohedron

I was in charge of a department store. Outside the department store the world was being invaded by shapeshifting monsters and I had to stab a few supposed customers. We (by which I guess I mean I, being that I was in charge) decided that the best way to deal with being invaded was to move the entire department store into an alternate universe, which fortunately we had the machinery to do (apparently we were a very well-stocked department store). Most of the dream was then me running around trying to get people prepared to do the move, and occasionally threatening to stab people who were holding up the process (despite me having stabbed several shapeshifters earlier, people were only somewhat convinced of my willingness to stab them. Maybe it's because I was using knitting needles to do the stabbing).
    Towards the end of the dream I drifted over to our cosmo-seismologists (again, well-stocked) and pretended not to overhear them talking to my deputy about how the current universe was about to collapse or explode or something. I mean, we were already going to move anyway, so what did it matter?

• Like x 2
  17. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Another narrative dream. This time it was a Homestuck AU where most of the kids and trolls were living on an alternate Earth being raised by the guardians minus Beta Bro, and at first it seemed like a no powers no sburb AU but then the powers started creeping in. This was commented on. Stuff like the kids being really excited and confused because Jade had managed weak telekinesis and an extra Dave showed up and his body was changing gradually to make him a human-bird hybrid and John said something to the wind and the wind answered back. An argument broke out as to whether Vriska had a probability manipulation superpower or was just subconsciously telekinetic and poking the dice when she started getting wild dice rolls on board game night and they ended up resolving it by determining that it happened on online dice rollers too.

It turned out that a timeline where they'd won Sburb had managed to create a timeline where they all existed but Sburb was harmless, but a little bit of the Sburb stuff was bleeding in anyways. They couldn't avoid the echoes of how their timeline was created.

I think they mostly didn't know this and just knew they were developing superpowers and it was super cool. They were trying to work out if other people could get superpowers. I think they eventually blamed it on an Sburb disc that had shown up before all the weirdness and was made of an unusual material and which they'd put a silly number of mods on (Sburb was just a video game, some of the mods included sticking their faces on the player characters in a comically artstyle-clashing way).

They were kind of right! I woke up before they actually tested if they could make anyone else psychic with the sburb disc. Yes they blamed most of it on psychic powers and were like "if it works they'll probably be psychic! Like how John's clairvoyant now and interprets it as the wind talking to him! Or Jade being telekinetic, or Terezi developing telepathy and ESP" (she had non-smellovision ways of navigating while legally blind and still mostly relied on those) though it was still figured they might get one of the really weird non-psychic things like Dave being able to slow stuff in time or Jade's developing dog ears and tail or Roxy being able to create temporary green cubes or whatever the heck Vriska did to luck.

It wasn't like a horror story or anything either. This was just A Thing That Was Happening. The main worry was that Dave Two would end up as a whole different species and what if nobody else turned into a bird-person, what if that was lonely?

...I think it was implied that modding extra people's faces into the Magic Sburb Disc actually would have a chance of doing stuff.

• Winner x 1
  18. bornofthesea670

Sometimes I'll be like...aware I'm dreaming but not fully lucid? And since I'm a horny bastard I'll go looking to sleep with someone. It is embarrassingly difficult to find someone who want to fuck me back. Like, you're in MY dream, are you that busy?

• Witnessed x 3
  19. garden

garden lucid dreamer

same hat, or when someone does want me back it often winds up being unsatisfying somehow -- always getting dream cockblocked lmao

• Like x 1
  20. bornofthesea670

It's like a wet dream is only good if it's natural, if you try to force it you just look like an awkward asshole XD

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice