Dreams thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 13, 2015.

1. CarnelianCoyote

CarnelianCoyote Active Member

Can't remember a lot of this one, but I know I was a wyvern hiding in the mindscape of a lonely kid sitting on the church steps. He knew I was there mind, he just wanted me inconspicuous because his telepathic dad wouldn't approve of me.

• Winner x 2
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Look, ref, just because we had the head of the other team's patron god with us doesn't mean we should be automatically disqualified! We didn't even cut it off ourselves, we found it that way! We were just carrying it around because of course if the other team found it and reconnected it they would get a huge advantage; it's basic strategy. Aren't you even curious as to who actually killed their god?
    Man, high school is so unfair.

• Winner x 2
  3. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Just woke up from a weird dream where I was in a forest next to a river and there was a big heaping alligator nest. The problem was I'd already walked some distance unaided to get there and I really really needed my cane, but it was on top of the nest - like someone had stuck it in the top like a flagpole - and mama gator was Right There and Not Having It. Like full on rumbling and lunging not having it.

The nest was too big for me to get my cane without stepping on it, so I had to wait until the babies hatched. They were cute as hell, at least.

Also this was in my local woodland so the whole time I was wondering if they were okay bc the climate here is generally too cold for large reptiles XD

4. PotteryWalrus

Augh just woke up feeling grateful I did not go to school in the age of camera phones. I was in the Nokia brick era and would not have done well with bullies filming me like they were in my dream D: D:

5. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I dreamt that the Doctor and the Master’s real names were revealed as Don and Marty and Doctor Who fans bombed the bbc offices in retaliation

• Winner x 1
  6. PotteryWalrus

Why the fuck is the devil always some white guy in charge of transportation in my dreams, seriously:////

He gave me a piece of ancient carved temple wall this time and I still don't know if it's a bad omen BLUH

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Going through my Tumblr's dreams tag and found this one I reblogged from someone else:

• Like x 1
  8. CarnelianCoyote

I just had a dream, and feel the need to write it before I lose it.

Ok so, futuristic setting, mostly desert. Flickering cloud cover above. Everyone (or most everyone?) Has augments.

There are gods.
    Gods are made, not born.

The way a god happens, is this. Someone builds a "sword." (Why a sword? Ancient tradition? Roughly beacon-shaped?) The blade is layers of programming. In my head it was like... filaments and etching, and a faint glow in the center. The maker then merges consciousness with the Sword, and typically promptly but always eventually, uploads to join the other gods in the Cloud.

Devotees can get an augment, like a little shining jewel, which is a contact outpost for your preferred god. Some have augments for several gods, a row of lights on the side of their face, pantheon-messaging on demand.

There is currently a woman building a blue sword.
    Her future name is Ocean.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'd totally read that book.

• Like x 1
  10. CarnelianCoyote

My youngest sib had commentary...

Swords are made to divide
    (to pierce the vault of Heaven)
    To break your chains, you must cut the world
    Each god, a new desolation
    What is now left, but the desert?
    A "god to heal the world" is a contradiction
    And yet-

• Winner x 1
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Sounds like an excellent Thirsty Sword Lesbians campaign.

12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Poking through archive and found this person's dream:

• Winner x 1
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

@Acey ^

On topic though, my friend said that last night he dreamed he was being chased by a human eating demon, but not only did it eat humans it was also it's fetish. He teamed up with Patrick star and dropped a dryer on its head to kill it

• Informative x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Had part of a dream about a storyline for the Hiveswap Troll Call in current megacrossover project and woke up before it went anywhere. That was annoying.

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm sick, and when I'm sick and need sleep most I have the worst nightmares :( Lot of nightmares about my ferrets running away or eating other people's pets for some reason.

• Witnessed x 1
  16. Exohedron

I spent a good chunk of last night's dream essentially solving a jigsaw puzzle except the puzzle was itself the physical world I was inhabiting. And no, I don't mean a 3d jigsaw puzzle; the pieces themselves were still two-dimensional and I was drawing them from a pile that existed separately from the world itself, somewhere off to what I can only call "the side". But upon placing them they became part of the world I was in. I'm pretty sure there are at least a few video games with this premise.
    I can't tell if this is better or worse than that time several years ago when I experienced part of a dream as text.

Anyway, apparently my unconscious self doesn't really have a notion of "immersion-breaking".

• Like x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Homestuck dream where the Midnight Crew were captured by the Felt, and Droog was mostly just offended by the Felt Manor's stereotypical medieval-esque dungeon being upstairs.

18. Exohedron

Question: does it count as being able to "read" in a dream if the entire dream is in text (as opposed to audiovisually via the usual human senses).

19. Exohedron

At one point during the dream, someone was trying to sell hot dogs, only it was spelled "hot dar". Via whatever mild reality-manipulation powers my dreamself has, I managed to edit it to say "hot dag" but it took so much effort that I gave up after that.
    Again, this wasn't an advertising sign in the dream that said "hot dar", this was narrative text that was misspelled.

• Like x 1
  20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Dar... dar never changes /mgs voice

Dar... dar has changed /fallout voice

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice