Dreams thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 13, 2015.

1. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

three words:

kintsugi road trip

• Like x 7
  2. So, I have been trying to write down my dreams for a while now, and while I have many that are interesting and filled with bizarre imagery, I want to share the one that I wrote down in my phone using the note app. What follows is a mixture of sleepy mind and auto-correct.

"Miracle of sound gets horses an big day g. Don't g scary, horses run for n hill. After seeing ending chronic at as they me w parents, seeing church and fun and d. Parents are getting me and give to next door is r the arty."

When I woke up after writing this, I was speechless. For the life of me I cannot remember what exactly the dream was about.

• Like x 3
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i dreamt the other day i was a character in the world of borderlands but all the npcs were characters from mad max: fury road and i had to fight Immortan Joe and his bandit camp of war boys. he jumped up on a cliff and was shooting a rocket launcher at me, but when i finally killed him all the loot was on top of the cliff and i couldn't get it and i was so frustrated i woke up crying a little.

it was pretty much the most fun dream i've ever had.

• Like x 2
  4. garden

garden lucid dreamer

had an unsettling dream. most - but not all - of the unsettling-ness can be adequately explained by the phrase "tiny burrowing wasps."

• Like x 2
  5. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

My turn to contribute a weirdly well-plotted dream -

[Nai]: hello friends I had a weird dream
    [Nai]: imagine like, an electricity themed version of sugar rush from wreck it Ralph
    [Nai]: where the objective was to race to a store, get a specific part, and bring it back for a reward
    [Nai]: and then at the end of it dream pov character found out that the head of the company that uses all these parts is working on a project to extract electricity from children
    [Nai]: it. was certainly a thing. and I'm kind of tempted to write it because it was wonderfully heavy on the detail?
    Actual Demon: do eet
    [Nai]: like the town this all took place in was pov's bff's hometown that had gotten almost demolished before and it was vaguely that "really brightly colored post apoc" thing
    [Nai]: And all of this on a quest for hoverboard learner's permits!
    [Nai]: strange, really well plotted dream

So weird. And so detailed like, I didn't even talk about the details in the race to get the part which was really the bulk of the dream...

#not sure writing would do it justice tbh #it was very action sequencey

6. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I get sleep paralysis fairly regularly, with all sorts of fun accompanying extrasensory stuff. It happens most often when I'm sleeping on my front, which is unfortunate because that's one of the only comfortable ways for me to sleep.

Last night I sort of woke up but also didn't. Full sleep paralysis mode. I thought I was in my boyfriend's room, and that he was lying further down the bed with his head on my butt. I was trying to talk with someone I couldn't see, and boyfriend kept biting my buttcheek. Not in a sexy way, in a 'Look at how annoying I can be' way. And because of the extrasensory stuff it felt like it was really happening, and because of the paralysis I couldn't move or tell him to stop it.

I just told him about this dream, and asked him to tell his dream self to quit biting my butt when I'm trying to have a conversation. We have reached an accord that no dream-butt-biting will happen without the correct polite overtures being observed first.

• Like x 1
  7. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

A few days ago, I had a dream where I was at my grandparents' house, and found a pigeon that had an oddly-shaped beak, which made it look kinda like a cat. I tried to take a picture of it to post it on Reddit or something. Sadly, as I looked at it through my phone's camera, I realized it actually was a cat.
    (I hate it when that happens.)

• Like x 3
  8. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I dreamed someone offered to buy my sister a hamburger and she turned them down. I woke up and told her this and she said "that's how you know it was a dream"

• Like x 4
  9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

dreamt of a radical feminist flapper girl. or maybe not radical. passionate and angry and gay, so she was just all casually yeah men right might as well kill them all. kinda jokey. and her girlfriend, she was butch and boisterous and chipper and romantic and stuff. xreampt flapper was writing a letter to butch, who was away and maybe gonna die? dunno. anyways, it was all about butch's behavior and how much flapper loved her, anx some other stuff, ad trrns out butch is a trans dude and flapper knows but hasn't talked about it cause she's scared to lose the woman sh loves, and the letter ends with somehing like "to the only man i'll ever love", and it made me really happy.

• Like x 6
  10. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

kintsugi vampire au. that is all.

• Like x 5
  11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

weird dream. bad? kids, magic kids and prophecies, kids being told how the world worked and who they were supposed to be. bad times, kids being told they were bad and being treated as such. girl kid found other kids, part of her prophecy, decided to be bad weird. not right, too early too much. lots of weirdo body horror torture follows. bad. ended bad too. not sad tho? feel like i should have been sad scared.

• Like x 1
  12. strictly quadrilateral

I actually got to eat in my dream last night which was nice. Usually I spend the whole thing trying to find food and wake up before I can eat it. And it was sour cream and onion potato chips, too.

• Like x 1
  13. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

lol i had a really weird dream in which some person (a made up dream one, not an actual person) in one of my fandoms on tumblr was badmouthing literally everyone in it that said something Wrong about animals. in the typical tumblr way, of course, telling everyone how Problematic those people were - and even making up and/or extrapolating how we did Bad Things we didn't actually do. and like, in that dream, me and my friends were confused by why nobody in the fandom was talking to us anymore, before we discovered that person had talked shit about us to everyone. and i don't know why but, yes, literally everyone believed that person. literally everyone.

and just... wow...

14. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

In the interest of not giving in to my anxiety about stupid shit, I have 4 words. Benedoot Coodleburp school shooter. It's been years since I've been in school, and yet almost all of my dreams (read: nightmares) that I remember revolve around mass murder at schools. Shit's weird. There was also a crawlspace that only I was flexible enough to fit into (despite me having the all the flexibility and shape of a potato irl), also my family was there in my dorm getting murdered by his terrifying alien face for some reason.

• Like x 1
  15. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i dont remember all the details of my dream last night but i remember i was with a group of friends/people (idr who) and we were wandering around an indoor pool deck - i remember the smell of chlorine really really strongly - and calling our names out softly, waiting for them to respond so we could trap them in glass jars

• Like x 1
  16. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I hope new year's dreams don't actually mean anything, because last night I dreamed that my grandma had roasted my left arm and was serving it to the family for dinner. I could still feel my left arm, but I knew in that dream way that it was a prosthetic. My arm actually looked delicious? Like perfectly done pork? But it was so weird and everyone was acting like this was a totally normal thing to be happening at a family party.

17. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

these happened about a day or so ago, very strange

There were so many
    The last one had a giant body suit and it was trying to merge bot and human dna, but it just kinda made the Dan all grey with a blue outline and a silver line threw it. The guy (who was totally Bucky Barnes) was very distressed and said "is this what a cyborg feels like?"

There was also one where I was playing some tabletop game in my kitchen, but with a bunch of like 30 y o men and it got kinda creepy.

Yeah I think that's it, there were more dreams but I don't remember them
    Also I woke up multiple times during the night

I had one where we were in this hunger game esc arena, and me and my partner [REMOVED MEATSPACE FRIEND NAME] maybe? Had to find a place to sleep for the night, but right as we settled down Ursula caught us and touched us with her tentacles and black magic consumed us and right before I died I asked what was going to happen to us, and she said we were becoming voodoo dolls and then we were in someone else's camp place, in water, and they had lots of voodoo stuff already, and could see us, and had my laptop floating in the water, and we talked a bit [REMOVED SISTER NAME]was maybe one of these people, and then we went to a movie theater as completely normal people, and when we left I went up to the front and was really awkward just like in real life, then [REMOVED ABSORBED SISTER NAME] took me driving to get me to shift for her, but apparently I was really bad at it, then she was going to go down theirs mountain road, but it was closed for winter, so she tried to turn around on the mountain but it didn't work and we started falling, [REMOVED KAY'S MEATSPACE NAME] tried to catch us in a black helicopter, but it failed and I started falling into the ocean below, where a giant version of the Belgium chocolate box was floating, as well as mom's blue suitcase, all ripped and broken, and that made me really sad, but then [REMOVED KAY"S MEATSPACE NAME] jumped out of the helicopter with a parachute and managed to smack one on my back, but I couldn't figure out the steps so o plunged into the ocean, and hauled myself onto the giant Belgium chocolate box, and then there was a ship next to us, but it was kinda wrecked, but inside were like, sea hobos, who talked to us and actually had a very nice house inside the wrecked pirate ships one thing like Aladdins house of found things.

• Like x 1
  18. strictly quadrilateral

I dreamed I lived in a different house, but something was very wrong. I'm not 100% sure what was going on, and the dream kept skipping around time wise - sometimes it was my first week at the house, sometimes I had left for a long time and I was just then returning to help those I'd left there.

It was haunted, or at least being stalked by some sort of spirit that kept circling it, looking for a way in. The doors had to be closed all the time lest it enter. But the doors were falling apart. Everyone was too scared to leave. Someone said, "It almost makes you want to - " and then an image of everyone leaving a door open, letting it in and then shutting it in there. It sounded like a good idea to me, until I encountered it and realized it was near powerless outside the house, but it slipped from my grasp and got inside.

So I ran for help. For some reason I needed cotton candy in order to help them, but cotton candy had been banned in this town so there was a massive argument and by the time I had convinced the town to help me, the people in the house were already airlifting thousands of gnomes from the house. And that was the end of the problem for some reason.

So I went back to sort through my stuff, which still had all sorts of weird spirit taint on them. I'm not really sure what happened after that.

• Like x 2
  19. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Last night, I had a weird dream I was sitting in my room on my computer, except my room was sitting on clouds. At that moment, my brain realized the absurdity of the situation and decided that right then was the best time to have physics kick in. So I was sitting in a room that was falling towards the earth at a rapid pace.
    I don't exactly know what happened after that. I think that DOGSONG from undertale was playing? Then I woke up at some point during the descent.

20. strictly quadrilateral

I dreamed that the apocalypse happened. There were these weird giant crab things, and the town was suddenly desert-like. I spent the entire dream trying to figure out whether the apocalypse had happened all over, or just in this stupid town. I'm pretty sure it was just in this town. Someone had left me a bunch of records, and my dad made me leave all but three of them when we left town, and I'm pretty sure I would have been more pissed about it but I wasn't. We ended up stopping at a hospital for some reason and there was a whole subplot about coffee and then one of the nurses started asking me if I knew her grandkids. I started asking her about the apocalypse and the only thing she would tell me was that it wasn't by accident, that all those dead kids? Only a couple were just dead kids, the rest were wares. That's how she referred to them. I woke up shortly after walking through a bunch of memories about how fucked up this town is and that we were all just meant to be killed for some nefarious purpose.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice