Dreams thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 13, 2015.

1. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I dreamed some horses- sentient, talking horses, of course- were having a rave in a cinema and preventing the long queue of people outside from getting in to see The Force Awakens.
    Don't even ask me why.

• Like x 1
  2. SpruceZeus

SpruceZeus 2 spoopy 2 live, 2 creppy 2 die

i just woke up from a dream where i kept calling the circus asking to talk to their clown, and they kept giving me the runaround and hanging up on me because they thought i was trying to crank call them, but no, i actually really DID need to talk to a clown. for a paper you see

• Like x 4
  3. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

i dreamt i was aang, and i was walking azula through a traditional (though long-lost) bending ritual for mourning the dead/lost.

it was only when we finished the ritual and her eyes and mouth started streaming light that i realized that it wasn't a mourning ritual, but actually a ritual to allow katara, dead in the battle against fire lord ozai, to possess her permanently.

very un-aang.

• Like x 2
  4. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I don't remember how it got to that point but in my dream last night there was a knife disguised as a book and I managed to lose it. I ended up at some booth where the people kept calling me by my full name, and I kept insisting that wasn't it. They laughed and explained to me, not in words, why I had to run.

I ran and hid under a pile of blankets as they released the bugs. When I was certain they'd gone, I crawled out. The ground was covered with dead bugs, all black and brown, from tiny to the size of my head. I was barefoot and I picked my way carefully through them, careful not to step on anything but ground. The further I went, the bigger the bugs, then they gave way into corpses of mice and rats. I reached the door I had come from.

Someone met me there, and told me they had the only copy of the book that the knife had been disguised as. I said I wanted to read it; they said it was war history and I said that was fine. They disappeared to get it and then everything fades.

The bugs bit was awful though - I could feel them under my feet sometimes. And I can't stand dead bodies, I freak out when I see roadkill while biking.

Bleh.

• Like x 2
  5. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Two dream fragments, not from last night, but the night before. I finally got motivated to post them.

So, there was this video game, probably a RPG. A certain group of people(?) is able to respawn after death-- but in a different, random body, somewhere else in the world. There is no save/load system, if you die, you wake up somewhere and have to get back to the plot somehow. The graphics were... Starbound-ish but slightly more cartoony-looking, I think? And it had a pretty big "Awesome Music" page on TV Tropes. Lots of religious symbolism for some reason, but I didn't really look into the plot to avoid spoilers. I had found it because people on Tumblr were saying it was transphobic, and someone I follow reblogged one of those posts to point out that, actually, gender issues from respawning into a different sex were explicitly addressed in-game and there were several canon NB characters. Turns out the OP didn't even play the game.

Later that night, I dreamed that I was looking at the sea from the entrance of the village I live in (about 300m/1000ft above sea level), and started to think it would be awesome if the sea reached up that high. I was distracted by talking to someone, and when I looked back, the sea was right there. "Shit", I thought as I attempted to explain what had just happened to the person I was talking to. I was in the middle of bullshitting something about plate tectonics when everything started to rapidly sink again, at which point I created a huge air bubble over the whole village, woke up, and tried to get back to sleep so that I could get back to that dream (it has happened before) and save everyone.

• Like x 4
  6. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

People have some really complex dreams next to mine. Wow.

7. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Mine are usually pretty simple, but there are a few complex ones I remember because I wake up thinking "Wow, that was awesome."

• Like x 2
  8. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Tagging @Void and @Acey because I know they love Pearl and suffering.

So my dream started out as something else I don't remember, but at some point it transitioned into Homeworld propaganda about the Crystal Gems (probably pre-war and maybe pre-Garnet, as it was just Rose and Pearl) with them being portrayed as (visually) dark, and covered with this weird, shifting, glitchy black rusty shit, and guarding an eeeeeevil gem weapon that looked suspiciously silmarilline, covered with the same shit. From there it transitioned to a group of Homeworld gems deciding to set out for Earth as, well a bounty hunter/adventuring party, there's really no other way to put it. In this group was a Pearl who was struck by the tales of the Renegade Pearl and both thrilled to realize that Pearls could fight and horrified by her disloyalty.
    Then it transitioned to party arriving at the "end dungeon" I guess, where Rose and Pearl were. The whole thing was actually covered in the weird glitchy black rust, and it was corroding everyone's weapons, both summoned and physical, into glitch rust flakes as fast as they were being used. Most of the party went down to Pearl in seconds flat, but her blades corroded away and she couldn't re-summon them, of course. The Homeworld Pearl was the only one standing and managed to actually poof Rose (!) and knock Pearl down. Then she was standing there as her weapon rusted away, looking down at the Crystal Gem Pearl, who was in shock, unarmed and unable to defend herself, and agonizing: torn between admiration for her as a fellow Pearl and a role model and disgust at her as a traitor. She hesitated until her sword was just about to rust away entirely, then stabbed straight at Pearl's gem to break her, but was blocked by Rose, who had regenerated, summoning her shield right above Pearl's gem. Then as her shield was corroded by the rust, Rose used the momentum of the Homeworld Pearl's strike to cut both her physical form and her gem in half with her own sword, right before it rusted away entirely.

And then I woke up.

• Like x 3
  9. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

i have reoccurring dreams about being in high school again. not my high school, just a high school. a weird one. big. sprawling. where teachers have little attic rooms full up with junk where all the students have to crowd in close. *frazzled animal noises*

and the common thread of these dreams is always that i have somehow failed to show up for one or more classes for such a length of time that i have completely forgotten which period each class is. and i have to spend the dream working up the courage to find out what the hell my schedule is. it's so dumb and so stressful and i really want nothing to do with it anymore.

• Like x 2
  10. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I was hoping you guys had a dreams thread. Crossposting from my Tumblr;

I’ve had a lot of dreams about Star Wars lately, and I actually think my subconscious mind is doing a pretty good job at writing Star Wars plotlines, so here is the plot of the Star Wars portion of my dream.

Hundreds of years in the past, a man is discovered in a village. The village is located in a cave and consists of a series of steppes, and is empty apart from this man… and a series of corpses, all of which seem to have been killed by lightsaber wounds. The man is force sensitive and owns a lightsaber, so obviously, he is questioned. “No!” he protests, “those people were killed by Yoda!” Yoda, he explains, is a small green alien, who for some reason had killed these people. Somewhat skeptically, the authorities who discovered this scene search the surrounding buildings for this “Yoda”. Eventually, one of them emerges with a puppet of Yoda. It is Yoda-shaped, and very realistic, but very obviously a puppet. The man holding it grins through his teeth. Clearly the first man is insane - he killed all these people and then blamed it on a puppet. To the first man’s horror he throws the Yoda puppet into a chasm, then takes the man to be executed.

Hundreds of years later, some time after TFA, Rey (at this point a fully fledged Jedi) and some companions are travelling through the area, and come across this place by following a sense of disturbance in the force, which seems to grow even stronger when Rey comes upon the town. Once again, the streets are entirely empty, but the sense of force disturbance remains. Rey concentrates on the force… and suddenly the town is teeming with people! Surprised and curious, Rey and co. enter the throng. Immediately, they start garnering strange looks - these people do not recognise them - but resolutely continue, moving through the village and ascending the steppes. Just over halfway to the top, they are stopped by a man, seemingly alone but with fairly obvious accomplices hanging back. He attempts to strike up conversation, but something feels off about him. He gives off a seedy air, as do his companions and, indeed, most people in the town. He is trying to discover who Rey and her companions are. Eventually, it is revealed that they are Jedi. The man snarls, and Rey is hit by a wave of dark side energy - suddenly through a flash of insight she understands - all of these people are corrupted by the dark side!

In a flashback, we discover that long ago the people of this village had fallen to the dark side of the force. In an attempt to block out the light, they constructed their cold stone village underground, and, through great collaborative use with the force - because they were skilled with its use - had mastered the power of illusion. Using the force, they rendered themselves invisible and intangible - while they still dwelt in the town, to an outsider the place would appear utterly deserted, and only one strong in the force could see through the spell. Yoda, in the past, had felt the disturbance when this had happened, and had come to try and defeat the evil power. He had successfully seen through the illusion, and defeated some of their number, but the sheer number of them had overwhelmed him. Stripping him of his lightsaber, they immobilized him, and used the same power of illusion to make him appear to be merely a puppet!

Back in the present, there is a sound of lightsabers discharging, and suddenly the crowd is filled with red sabers. Rey and her cohort, to their horror, do not have their own sabers with them! They are forced to run, pursued by the evil force users through the town, and up the steppes in a protracted chase scene. Eventually they reach the top. Here, there is a place of worship - an intricately carved panel is inset into the back wall of the cavern, and, mounted on stone holders, are three lightsabers, taken from great adversaries which these people have defeated in the past. Rey and two of her companions step forward, each standing in front of a lightsaber, and Rey at the centre one. They pick up the lightsabers - the one on the left is blue, on the right is red, and, finally, Rey picks up the centre lightsaber; it is Yoda’s green!

(For some reason, at this point in the dream, Rey was inexplicably replaced with child Anakin as she picked up and discharged the lightsabre, but let’s ignore that)

Finally they are armed, and turn to face their assailants. Now able to use their superior skill, but still devastatingly outnumbered, Rey and her friends fight their way back through the town, this time climbing down the steppes. THey have just reached the bottom-most level, near the entrance, when to Rey’s horror Yoda’s ancient old lightsaber fails. Rey reaches with the force, and suddenly, a ghost image, lit in neon edge lines, of a lightsaber begins to form in her hand. In this place of strong force energy, she can conjure a new lightsaber using only the power of the force! However, this town is also filled with the darkside. The neon lines of the forming ghost-lightsaber in her hands glow red, and start to take on a familiar shape - it is Kylo Ren’s lightsaber. She begins to hear his voice, tempting her to the dark side, to take his lightsaber into battle in his name, but she fights back. Kylo’s voice fades, and the light of the forming lightsaber in her hand turns blue, and eventually through effort of will the neon lines and ghost saber solidify into a real solid lightsaber - a massive broadsword, where twin lines of light run down the outside of a thick white metal blade! It looks far too large and heavy for Rey, but she wields it with ease! She swiftly joins the fray, whilst attacked by group after group of dark force users, each with a red or, more sparingly, yellow lightsaber.

The dream pretty much ended at that point but presumably Rey and the Jedi saved the day. Also, at the very end, there was a brief scene where I saw, for some reason, Voldemort with a red lightsaber. It was awesome. Voldemort would make a fantastic Sith.

n.b.: Yoda eventually became un-puppetised, and dragged himself injured away from the bottom of the chasm, escaped, and made himself a new lightsaber, but presumably never returned to try and confront the evil again himself.

I’m 90% sure my dream was born out of me looking at the multicoloured lights at a club place I was at last night (lightsabers) and also having recently watched the conclusion of series four of American Horror Story (”puppet killer” aspect). I love seeing how my brain remixes my experiences in dreams. Also there was an element of a Skyrim video i watched recently in the architecture and temple panel at the top of the village.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    • Like x 1
  11. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I dreamed I was admiring my biceps and how when I flexed my sleeve wad tight around my bicep. I kept trying to get people to try and fit their finger between my arm and sleeve to provide how awesome my muscles were.

The most hilarious part of this is that I referred to them as my "bacon-breakers". idek where that one came from.

• Like x 2
  12. strictly quadrilateral

I dreamed the other night that I met @Snitchanon . I don't remember the context, just that there was an ominous black helicopter and I looked up and they were in it

• Like x 4
  13. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

That's exactly how I'd imagine that they would travel so your dream was probably spot on.

• Like x 3
  14. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Had a dream that my partner could shapeshift into a bunny and I was just sorta carrying them around? And we could communicate telepathically! Also, the dream-bun version of my partner is very soft.

• Like x 1
  15. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

And last night I had a dream that I can remember nothing of except that there was some sort of food item and I was looking at its ingredients label and it listed "small lizards" as an ingredient and I think dream-me started crying.

• Like x 3
  16. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

I had a dream last night where I saw ginny weasley in slytherin robes and i went. "oh yeah that makes sense, shes very ambitious, very driven, gets shit done, generally knows when to back off to avoid getting hurt"
    But my brother was next to me and he sneered and said "but all slytherins are evil and horrible and have skewed morals and"
    "and then the rest was me screeching at him about how slytherins were not all evil and all the other stuff he said.

and then I had another dream that involved some form of dating game, and sollux was trying to woo nepeta and me and tavros were trying to help him.

also, there are a few dreams i have written down from a while ago, so i'll shove them here too, even though boring

from yesterday night
    ages ago, i dunno when

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  17. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

My dream last night revolved around me somehow buying a genuine egyptian mummy who had a personality and then I somehow managed to trade him away on my phone (????) to Markiplier (????) and the rest of the dream was me trying to get him back and being genuinely horribly upset and guilty that I had lost him.
    (I met Markiplier later, he didn't have the mummy it turned out, nor did I ask him for his autograph even though my dream-thoughts were insisting that I should. Also my American cousins were involved somehow. I don't even begin to know)

• Like x 1
  18. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

oh man oh man i'm gonna dump my weird zopiclone dream-fragments here

usually i record them in my notes app as soon as i wake up, so they're often a bit awkwardly worded but HERE

I dreamed there was an octopus in my leg. I popped a strange little sore spot on my thigh and a liquidy mass swelled up and popped out. The mass seemed contained in itself, but soon part of it broke apart and a tiny, tiny thing wiggled inside.

It grew quickly, especially when the dream-water changed from water-filled dents in the grass to a pool. I tried to text my mother and ask for her medical opinion regarding parasitic octopuses, but texting was extremely difficult and keyboards weren't quite right: instead of just letters, the keyboard was a mix of letters, emojis, bizarre symbols, and abstract concepts. I gave up and floated in what seemed to have become an indoor marina until I woke up.

A dream: i am in an old, sprawling mansion that is also somehow a summer camp of sorts. My cat is there, too. A man — charming, young, but somehow frightening in his eccentricities — is committing grisly murders in the beautiful and labrynthian side wings of the mansion at the behest of a mysterious woman, possibly his sister. I have never seen him before but I know somehow that we have some sort of history.
    I am distressed but not shocked by the murders, despite that they are shocking to witness. His methods of killing require inhuman strength: more than once he rips his victim's jaws apart, tearing their skin and bone and sinew like paper.
    I am consumed by the thought that my cat is somewhere in the building, and I must find him before the man does.

A dream: a young woman has entrapped my sister into some kind of criminal cult. There are three pins driven into the woman's forehead, and she has been behind every twist and awful turn that the dream has taken. At the dream's climax, my family has been trapped in a precarious shelter that may collapse at any moment, leaving us at the mercy of an avalanche (artificially induced by the woman). My sister, largely absent throughout the dream, is suddenly there. There are three pins driven into her forehead. "Take them out, let us help you," I beg her immediately. "We'll find anaesthetic and we'll take them out."

"I can't," she tells me. "If I take them out I'll be in trouble. She'll kill me." She's not as troubled by this as I am.

I know that no matter what we do, the woman will walk free. Suddenly we are no longer trapped, but I know it's only a matter of time before she tries to kill us again. I ask for a gun. "Why?" my family asks me.

"If I see her, I am going to shoot her. I'll kill her, and then [sister] will be free." I don't care about going to jail. I don't care about how much I hate guns and violence. I know what I need to do, and then I wake up.

A dream: my Queen's fortress is under seige by a mysterious enemy, and we, the loyal drones, will do anything to defend it. I am many of these drones, and I die several times over the course of the seige. My most memorable death is a spectacular kamikaze swan dive from the side of our fortress into the dark, swirling water below. I am wreathed with flame and in my last moments I am terrified and exultant and triumphant and very alone. In the suffocating darkness of the water, I explode, and my sacrifice (one of many such sacrifices — we were born for this purpose, to protect the Queen) helps to turn the tide of the battle.

Later, I am another drone. This time I am less expendable, and I have less blind loyalty to my otherworldly, ethereal, utterly alien Queen. We are trapped in the deepest chambers of the fortress, and they are slowly starving us out. Suddenly the Queen smiles at us, and presents to us the charred remains of our fallen sisters. She gestures elegantly at their twisted corpses. "Eat," she tells us, infinitely gentle, infinitely cruel.

A dream:
    The road is blocked by young geese, large, and yet too young and delicate to move. While we debate the kindest method of moving them, the setting changes. Now they are in the living room of a house that I know is mine. Am I the child or the mother? My role seems to change back and forth. I want to gently move the geese with gloves on, or wrap them in soft towels.

The family toddler — my son? My little brother? — has a more direct idea. "I thought they would leave if they got cold," he says, puzzled. "So I dumped water on them. It didn't work on them like it did on the cat." He calls this method 'the purge,' but he says it like 'powwdge'.

I wake up in the middle of thoughtfully replying, out loud, "There's a saying about that..."

(I think I was thinking of 'like water off a duck's back' or something)

A dream: We (me, [ex-roommate], and [camp friend]) are going to steal a tree. Just a little tree, [camp friend] decides. We are suddenly at a store similar to Canadian Tire, in the plant nursery. [ex-roommate] is picking out flowering shrubs, so I ask her, what about a tiny little pine? She looks at me, disgusted, and says, "I'm allergic to eggs." I ask what that has to do with pine trees. "I'm allergic, obviously." What kind of allergen do pine trees and eggs even have in common? "Antihistamines." Ah, of course, I say, pretending to understand. I suggest a fake pine. (No one wants a fake pine.)

Suddenly we are sitting in the aisle of the store and [camp friend] suggests we compare shaving lines, as though this is something people just do, regularly. Even more strangely, [ex-roommate] (despite being INCREDIBLY prudish) agrees. Right there in public (though no one else seems to be around) they both drop trou. The dream ends, and I wake up exhausted and deeply confused.

A dream: I am sent to the Arctic for reasons I can't remember, but when I arrive I am filled with scornful disbelief at what I am expected to believe is 'the Arctic'. I am bobbing up and down in water that doesn't feel cold, and staring at the bizarre animals that populate this world:
    Elephants, but vaguely more mammothy. Some of them are patterned like zebras, but gray and blue instead of black and white. Giraffes, but larger and with more subdued colouring. There are humpback whales breaching in the water, and cranes walking on the ice. It's as though an alien with a tenuous grasp on earth's fauna and climates tried to create a facsimile of the Arctic.

[BFF] appears as I ponder the wrongness. I'm not in the water anymore; with the appearance of [BFF] comes a boat. We joke about expecting to see penguins waddling around, just to complete the picture. As we joke, a ptarmigan appears (too large and too fluffy) as though to say 'see? See? I know what kind of birds live here, lay the fuck off'.

[BFF] says, '[BFF2] wouldn't approve of this.' I agree.

Suddenly, it's not a spectacularly incorrect arctic, but rather a spectacularly incorrect arctic movie set. [BFF2] is there, and [BFF] has disappeared. [BFF2] doesn't approve of the inaccuracies. I say, 'I knew you wouldn't.' We wander the set, and it turns into a hallway.

'Oh, good, there you are,' says a harried-looking man with a headset and a clipboard. 'You're on in five.'
    'Me?' I ask, but [BFF2] is already following him into a room to be interviewed for something. Probably a documentary. I make faces through the window at her, before realizing I am actually making faces at a woman in a serious-looking pantsuit. Feeling awkward, I make my escape.

The hallway leads to a corner, and now it feels like the hospital. I study a bulletin board, sitting on the ground, and I'm approached by a vaguely familiar man. He is wheelchair-bound and looks incredibly unhealthy, and somehow I know that he was neither of those things the last time I saw him. I have no idea what his name is or how I know him, but he greets me by name.
    He mentions the name John Darryl, and my mind jumps to Mr. DarREL, a family friend, the father of my middle brother's best friend. I ask how he's doing. 'Not well,' the man in the wheelchair says regretfully. Mr. Darrel, in reality, suffers from seizures and has incurred brain damage. I am filled with dread, and I wake up.

that's all the vaguely coherent ones. I wake up from most of my zopiclone dreams mid-sentence. I would do anything to remember the context for the scornfully delivered "I'm not going to give you a blowjob for a cabbage", but that particular dream is lost forever :(

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    • Like x 3
  19. garden

garden lucid dreamer

Dreamed last night that I bought a binder which also doubled as a swimsuit top, and my mom was totally cool with me buying it.

20. strictly quadrilateral

Dreamed a snow age apocalypse.

I was in NYC for some reason (I think maybe a convention? I'm not sure) and as time went on the place got more and more barren - by the end of my stay there, when I went to get something to eat, all the places I'd gotten food before were closed. I talked to some people and found out that it was going to snow, everywhere, for a long, long time, and that no one could survive it so we all had to freeze so we'd wake up when the snow thawed. I accepted this and went outside.

The snow was stupidly high, obscuring most things around me except the steps of some fancy building. I sat down with the rest of the people there and we watched fireworks. It was very sad, because it was no occasion for fireworks except that most of us would never see any again. I talked to this girl sitting next to me and she said she could get me back to MA, and I asked her to please do so.

Except for seeing a near-perfectly cleaned set of train tracks and wondering if the MBTA had gotten its shit together in the same way and knowing it hadn't, the dream skipped ahead until I was on a bus going home with my family and @peripheral was there too. When we reached my house, I had to say goodbye to him knowing I'd probably never see him again.

We stubbornly stayed alive, despite knowing that life would only get harder and harder and it would be better to freeze on our own terms. At least that way, we'd wake up in a thousand years, or a hundred thousand years, or - and we could resume our lives in a barren wasteland that at least is warm enough to live in and we'd never see anyone we'd loved again because communication would have been destroyed and - but at least we'd be alive.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice