Drink All The Booze, Hack All The Things - Watchdogs/Watchdogs 2 thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, Feb 12, 2017.

1. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

There's "pedestal because it's a kink thing" and "many unfortunate implications of stalking behavior", and Wrench in-game has a rather bad habit of falling into the latter with Naomi-- dude hadn't ever even talked to her before Marcus came in and set them up together, like, c'mon Wrench, don't be that guy.

I LOVE YOU BUT DON'T BE THAT GUY.

• Agree x 1
  2. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

You know I am kidding you, right? hence the emoji. you know way more about canon than me ;) It just had to be said.

3. KingStarscream

Yeah, I know! I just... Wrench is such a disaster of a human sometimes.

• Winner x 1
  4. KingStarscream

SPEAKING OF WALKING DISASTERS:

Replaying the first game and actually grinding out all the sidemissions and shit, and my god Chicago DedSec was full of pricks. Apparently Defalt just yoinked the DedSec logo and shit when they kicked him out (because bluh bluh even in a mask you're still too visible so you can't join the Council of Daves bluh bluh) so... the whole point of 'you can't be affiliated with us because you're too public', yeah, that worked out well, didn't it? That's the problem with underground cells with a diffused leadership that runs on anonymity-- how the fuck are you going to prove someone isn't part of your group when you won't let anyone know who is?

Also Clara just straight up stole the ctOS hacks for Aiden, which is hilarious to me, and probably explains some of her like "YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE I GAVE THEM TO WHAT THE FUCK" even though I'm sure she's not the only one doing it. Council of Daves says 'oh we want to see where this is going' and then acts shocked when shit spirals wildly out of control.

On top of that, the fact that most of the Council are like 'the government is EVIL and using your data rise up against them' but when you play Bad Blood and find out that... most of the council are pretty high-paid sysadmins in government and corporate positions. Really makes the whole anti-Blume thing suspect, don't it? And makes their reasons for denying Defalt even more suspect-- is it because he was "in it for the lulz" and "too visible", or was it because you couldn't trust him to play to your particular brand of corporate espionage?

It's pretty interesting taking that and comparing it to San Francisco DedSec with that in mind. Chicago DedSec is a lot of talk and very little action, relying on their lowest level members to actually get anything done. SF DedSec goes for the throat of Silicon Valley, focusing hard on Blume and their affiliates but feeling no shame about exposing everyone who's using ctOS for shady shit.

If you assume that the Hackerspace crew is the core leadership (and that seems likely-- we know other people are running smaller ops, but Marcus gets sent out to verify the skills of a couple different members, and Wrench and Sitara and funneling a lot of the incoming information into proper operations. Very telling, that all the high ticket shit goes to Marcus, because he's the most well-rounded of them all, but Wrench and Sitara are both out doing things in the background too.) their method of running things and their lack of corporate affiliations are pretty telling. Horatio's the only one with ties to Nudle, and he used to be Chicago DedSec. Everyone else is completely cut off from the corporate sector, having to funnel information to their affiliates in that area rather than taking that information into their own companies like the Council can.

And even their core methodology is different: Chicago DedSec says the information should be free, then hides behind every mask they can and keeps their hacks close to the chest. SF DedSec says people have a right to know (the wording is important!) and then puts that information out there-- the app is open to everyone, their videos reference data dumps so everyone can verify the information themselves, and they openly discuss doing things like teaching people how to be more secure with lesson plans and shit. Like, you can really tell how removed SF DedSec is from the Council of Dave influence, and they're much more effective for it.

Also, like Council of Daves tells Aiden "uh yeah we got information on you and your family and someone stole it so help us pls?" and then is shocked, just shocked when at the end of the game he's like "fuck you guys, I'm not giving you a backdoor" because they've already proven that they can't keep that locked down like they think they can.

• Agree x 1
  5. cleverThylacine

why is it so adorable
    also it would be hella funny if Naomi turned out to be Important later and things didn't work because she has her sekrits too

I should not find the idea of appearing on a Wall of Crazy so compelling

I think it's a personal problem.

also maybe it's because he would not actually hurt someone he adored. he's not that kind of fucked up. but you know the other character who has me by the ovaries is also a goddamn shrine builder...

I just realised that. what the hell, brain.

6. KingStarscream

There was a theory for a little while that the No Compromise DLC would feature her more heavily-- people theorized that she had some ties to the Bratva in the area, and one of the DLC cover characters looked like her with the same hairstyle/mole. It ended up being something else entirely (Sitara didn't feature nearly as much as the devs said she would) so it's pretty possible that part of the plotline was scrapped in favor of developing the Marcus/Wrench angle instead.

It is a shame if that's the case though, because I would've dug some Naomi/Sitara drama. Or just... relevance there, so she wasn't a one-off crush for Wrench that never comes up again.

7. KingStarscream

Starting at around 10:45 is the part where Jordi goes through Doing A Murder on the boat-- this one misses another killing he does, and you can find a couple empty rooms with bodies, but you get the gist. The whole video is his cutscenes, but Doing A Murder is one of my favorite parts of the mission.

8. cleverThylacine

I love Sitara like burning and I love that there's so much queerness in this fandom because we really have come a long way since I was a kid. I'd be really cool with her with a lady in canon.

In terms of my fandom interests though, I can always find same-gender pairings written in a way that I like. :) The kind of m/f I actually want to read is rarer than unicorn tears.

9. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

Look I have this feeling that Sitara is really fucking queer. At first I was like, massive futch lesbian. But now I'm like, bi with a strong preference for women???? Idk but she has a septum piercing which is the gayest piercing.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. cleverThylacine

I did not know that there was like, a scale of piercing gayness. :) (this is probs because I don't have piercings except in my ears. I never get into physical fights but I'm always paranoid that someday I will and someone will grab one.)

• Like x 1
  11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I could see her as bi/pan easily yeah.

• Agree x 1
  12. KingStarscream

I've always considered her basically preferring women but with some interest in men-- whether that's exclusive and situational or just a lowkey thing, idc, but she definitely reads as Big Ol' Queer Woman to me too. Sit's definitely someone who'd grasp the sociopolitical reasoning behind identifying explicitly as wlw too, so I could see that being her go-to for now.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

AT least half of my queer friends have or have had a septum piercing

14. KingStarscream

I took some baller screenshots so I'm dumping them here.

Watch_Dogs2017-9-6-18-36-20.jpg Watch_Dogs2017-9-6-20-3-2.jpg Watch_Dogs2017-9-9-12-43-31.jpg Watch_Dogs2017-9-9-13-13-27.jpg Watch_Dogs2017-9-9-16-20-13.jpg Watch_Dogs2017-9-9-16-27-54.jpg

• Like x 3
  15. KingStarscream

marcus concept art 2.jpg marcus concept art 3.jpg marcus concept art.jpg

MY SKIN IS CLEAR MY CROPS ARE FLOURISHING I LOVE THIS CONCEPT ART MARCUS IS ADORABLE

• Winner x 3
  16. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Pose number four omg

• Agree x 2
  17. KingStarscream

Shoutout to the absolutely fantastic level design in Bad Blood. Seriously, this is as impressive as if it were build in real life too, because all of these lights are independent objects and you do need to be angled just right to see the messages. It's cool as hell.

Watch_Dogs2017-9-17-13-16-30.jpg Watch_Dogs2017-9-17-13-16-42.jpg Watch_Dogs2017-9-17-13-26-48.jpg Watch_Dogs2017-9-17-13-27-25.jpg Watch_Dogs2017-9-17-13-30-46.jpg

• Winner x 3
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Defalt missed his calling as an interior designer, or maybe even architect.

• Agree x 3
  19. KingStarscream

I love his snipe at Ray when he's going through the murder museum. "I can be an artist too, Ray!"

• Winner x 1
  20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Honestly I loved that you got to see Defalts art in bad blood, kinda wish you could see some where hes not trying to revenge murder a dude.

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice