Drunk girls with lasers, or the Touhou Project

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Aondeug, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Oh My God Yes The Fighting Games Moves Too???

• Like x 1
  2. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

the ones i've played the most are eosd and pcb, and i definitely recognize some of the danmaku

3. Aondeug

also tfw you're talking with a friend and like 'i love how sakuya's reason for not donating to reimu is 'I don't believe in gods'' and then he's like 'she talked about putting chen down too because she's a stray cat. people forget she's an edgelord too.'

and i am like

but

but how

her spell cards are named shit like ILLUSION SIGN JACK THE SERIAL KILLING HELL DOLL perfect meido edition

• Winner x 2
  4. Aondeug

I played EoSD for the first time in fucking years yesterday and was like holy fuck I remember nothing of this. It was weird going from like DDC or even IN all the way back to that and looking at Rumia's first pattern and just being like

rumia

the fuck is that you t-posing bitch

• Winner x 1
  5. Ipuntya

i unironically love eosd for its cast of edgelords, and also since it was my first touhou game.

6. Aondeug

the sdm crew is legit the best set of touhous ok

i mean yes i am biased

because it has vampires

BUT

for realsies though the sdm crew is the best and they gave us the greatest of all memes ronald mcdonald insanity

• Agree x 1
  7. Aondeug

Other good SDM crew things and I know it is like a fangame but the fact that like all of Touhouvania 2's plot is just Sakuya running up to people and punching them violently in the face while shouting WHERE THE FUCK IS THE MISTRESS is the best. I mean, yes, that is how half of all Touhou plots are structured in terms of stage progression but I just like the idea of a maid on the fucking warpath because Where Is My Lady I Will Tear This Entire Castle Apart Piece By Piece If I Have To.

• Winner x 1
  8. Aondeug

The structure being in the form of WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU AND WHAT IS GOING ON -fires lasers- oh you didn't actually know anything moving on.

• Winner x 1
  9. Ipuntya

what if the reason everyone in touhou floats is because zun broke all of their ankles

10. Aondeug

bold of you to think they ever had ankles to begin with

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  11. Aondeug

memes aside holy fuck ddc is some good shit

I've not played any of the ones past 13 so things like ddc are all new to me entirely. I'm really liking this current era of Touhou game design though? He's seemed to have started to spread out further into distinct gimmicks for stages and bosses. So things like a boss that flips your controls and the screen or a boss that rushes around the screen like a wild dog. A lot of the patterns are also more manic and twitch heavy than the ones I remember from like the classic era of Touhou. I love me some IN and what not, but there is a sort of...purity to the design danmaku wise. Like it's kind of all just memorization game with them. As opposed to memorization game mixed with twitch reaction game. And as someone who grew up with more twitchy shmups it's really nice to see even a bit of that in Touhou.

Like 14 and 16 just feel REALLY good. Haven't tried 15 though. 16 I tried because it had a demo on steam and I was like sure why not. 14 I tried because I have biases and those biases are 'can i play as sakuya'.

• Like x 1
  12. Aondeug

ok touhou but it's a western

as in like the film genre

no one gets ANY magic and everyone is still girls

so just the touhous but like people are slotted into a variety of typical western archetypes and we provide no explanation as to why people have these names still because fuck that shit

so like we got keine the schoolmarm and wandering gunman marisa and rich bitch remilia and kanako the cattle baron

• Winner x 2
  13. Ipuntya

can rumia please be a highwayman

just imagine

extorting money from people using threatening t-poses

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. Aondeug

...yes.

• Winner x 1
  15. 3strim

3strim Professional Accidental Rater

I'm also in the 'only Touhou's for the music' camp, but I die when only one circle remixes a song a particular way.

(Usually it's TAMusic)

For instance, Faith is For The Transient People sounds better slowed down and that is the hill I will die on.

• Like x 2
  16. Ipuntya

touhou is like homestuck in that any music made by the fandom is touhou music

17. Ipuntya

18. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

touhou.png
    (This is not counting the separate folders for Crow's Claw and the original game soundtracks)

(I may have a problem.)

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. Aondeug

no

you are merely

a touhou

20. Aondeug

touhou is some shit

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice