Earth, Fire, Air, Water! (AtLA and LOK thread :D)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by PotteryWalrus, Jun 9, 2017.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I've been watching these series again and I can't imagine my life without them! What nation do you think you would be> What's your favourite episode? Who's your fav character?(Mime's between Long Live the Queen and - fuck, you know, the whole of series 3. )

Laheer is my trashy terrible homeboy . He's so intent and polite. He's a true anachist, and it's wonderful. (Less wonderful is how he totally wrekt Korra, she is my precious daughter, but I mean. Power.)

Naturally I loved 'Hard Work' and 'zuko alone' and the whole of Season 3 becuase that shit was amazing I'm so proud of my trash son. (Probably the Southern Raiders, too)

What did you guys thinks?

• Like x 1
  2. Wait we didn't already have one of these?

My favorite is and will forever be Katara.

3. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Favorite characters of tiny!Briar were always Zuko and Azula, I loved them both dearly.

Favorite characters from LoK are Korra, Asami, Iroh (who needed more screentime dammit), and Kuvira (I love her so much, fav).

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  4. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Also, what type of benders would you all be?

I'd be a firebender. Used to pretend I could firebend and have battles with my waterbender friend when I was younger. We had a whole thing, it was great.

5. PotteryWalrus

I mean, I have a lot of Fire in my personality, but I always go for Earth, because it would be the most beneficial for me practically ;)

Does anyone else have any dumb bending OCs?

6. Nope but I have plenty of dumb bending crossover AUs

7. PotteryWalrus

8. aaaaaAAAAAAAAAH WHICH ONE
    We have
    • Homestuck
    • Code Lyoko
    ....Oh I must have confused me drowning in Homestuck AUs with drowning in ATLA AUs. But. Pick.

9. PotteryWalrus

Homestuck's the one I'm familar, so go for it :D

10. Ok so
    SO
    The zodiac signs and the kids already have elemental associations, right? So that's how they're divided up into nations. I only recently watched LOK so I'm nooot exactly sure where they fit in the timeline exactly but it's somewhat past where Korra was when we last saw her cause the Air Nation is a thing.
    • Damara is a prostitute (not a geisha) who had Aradia with Rufioh before he died. Damara is a firebender, and Aradia becomes a lightningbender.
    • Equius is the son of a fire noble (Horuus) who is like. DETERMINED to make Aradia his wife and "rescue" her from poverty and prostitution.
    • Nepeta is a non-bender fire citizen but still pretty fierce as a martial artist. Those claws man. She's an orphan as far as she knows, and got adopted into a middle-class Fire Nation family.
    • Dirk & Dave are orphan brothers. Dirk's a lightning bender. Dave's a firebender. Dirk tried to teach dave to lightningbend. It did not go well.
    • Feferi is princess of the Northern water tribe. She's like into politics and shit. Also a waterbender who actually enjoys the healing role that female water benders are kinda forced into. Doesn't mean she can't fight, but she enjoys the other thing too. Meenah ran off to live with the swamp benders instead of being a princess cause she's like that.
    • Karkat's from the Southern tribe. Over the course of the story he learns how to bloodbend. (Now I want you to think about Karkat in a puffy winter jacket.) Kankri is ded.
    • Vriska issss originally from the South pole I think but she lives up in the midsection of the globe, probably in the Earth kingdom. She's a bloodbender, and uses that to manipulate people however she wants. Haven't really thought much about what Aranea is doing in this AU.
    • Roxy told Rose she's her sister, but secretly Roxy's her mom. Both of them are waterbenders but neither of them are bloodbenders. Roxy has her canonical drinking problem. They live south-poleward enough to be around pine trees.
    • Gamzee is the weird-ass son of some rich folks who does like underground earthbending tournaments but wears that makeup all the time no matter what's going on. Kurloz is his shadowy older brother no one knows much about but are scared of at the same time.
    • Tavros is a bender, but paralyzed so he finds it very hard to bend most of the time. Orphan, lives by himself. Gamzee likes to come check on him and push him around in his chair and do earthbending shit to impress him. They probably both live in Ba Sing Se.
    • Kanaya is a sandbender. :3c Porrim used to live on the outskirts of the Great Desert but no one's seen her in years.
    • Jake is Jade's father. They live together on their island in the middle of bumfuck nowhere where they ended up wrecked when Jade was tiny. Jake likes to think he's hot shit cause he can bend, but honestly most of the time he ends up fucking shit up and tripping over the rock he just pulled out of the ground. Jade enjoys landscaping with her bending. She will also eventually learn to metalbend.
    • Terezi is in training to become an airbending master, and she's ended up traveling all over the world as the nations become closer cause she's curious about shit. She may or may not have a dragon egg. Latula's her mother, but they don't know each other cause of the way Air Nomad society is set up. She may or may not have a dragon.
    • Eridan's actually living in the Northern water tribe under the assumption that he's part of the Water nation, but over the course of the story discovers he's an airbender. Cronus, his brother, ran the fuck off to who knows where because ???
    • Sollux is in the North Pole to help him learn to control his emotions. He's very powerful but also kinda unstable because Bipolar before Bipolar was a known thing. Mituna's an air nomad who's Air-Nomading somewhere.
    • Jane is a non-bender who was living in the Earth nation, and John's her son. SUPRISE he's an air bender.
    And then shit happens.

• Like x 5
  11. garden

garden lucid dreamer

ahhh i love atla! i only saw season one of lok tho, i meant to catch up once i heard that seasons 3 and 4 were like, really good, but i still haven't done it.

i love zuko a lot. probably one of my fave episodes is the blue spirit one :3

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

The Blue Spirit is my favourite episode! Aang's my favourite character and I enjoyed seeing Zuko work together with him - their dynamic is always fun to watch whether they're enemies or friends.

I don't have favourites with LoK 'cause I never made it to season two. The tone of the show was different enough that it just didn't feel like the same thing, and also I was kind of bummed about Aang being dead even though Korra was pretty awesome. Loved seeing the new bending/technology stuff, though, that was cool.

I'd be Air or Earth nation, probably. I guess I lean towards Earth? Come to think of it, pretty much all my OCs are Earth Nation. (I've got a whole family of Earthbending farmers and fishers who use Earthbending to till their fields and such, from a partially-written fanfic that's languishing in a folder around here somewhere.)

• Like x 1
  13. PotteryWalrus

-earthbending brofist- Me too! I get Fire a lot in tests, but Earth is more my general personality and lifestyle, methinks.

• Like x 1
  14. @Elaienar You can skip right to Season 4 and not miss much IMO. It isn't the same thing till then.

I am intensely Water biased in everything. ♓

• Like x 2
  15. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

the way the trolls and kids are split up actually works pretty well

i rarely get too into the sign thing because I'm too suggestive (a lie. i love horoscopes. although one is certain that one of us pisces has an angel chilling near us who is in love with us. which is disconcerting. i hope that fish is ok and also i wonder what the horoperson is smoking sometimes)

• Like x 1
  16. bleep

bleep New Member

Necroing the thread to say Jet absolutely did nothing wrong, and I'm gonna hope they unkill him in the comics, because if they can give Zuko and Azula redemption arcs, they sure can manage it for the traumatized kid who did war stuff during a war.

17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

You know, that's a good way to frame it - the things he did were in war and not worse than things other characters getting redemption arcs did, so at least from a fan POV there's no reason not to explore that chance.

• Agree x 2
  18. bleep

bleep New Member

I mean, people are all "be gay do crimes", but you blow up one dam and the entire fanbase hates you??

• Witnessed x 2
  19. PotteryWalrus

I dunno, I never much liked him personally but that was more because of his very black and white worldview and kinda sleezy personality. I appreciate that he was a war orphan and I'd be down for a relatistic redemption arc fic rec, if anyone has any links they care to throw XD

I have all the ATLA fic recs if anyone wants them but it's mostly Zuko being a feral child raised by sailors XD

20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Also agreed - he's smarmy, he lies to and manipulates the people he leads instead of offering them informed decisions. And he doesn't have excuse of being raised by the Fire Lord for the intensity of it all, so it's harder to rationalize his choices. But it's also hard to say they're worse actions than others take through the show, so my dislike of him isn't enough reason to say he doesn't get the option.

I wouldn't say I have any realistic redemption arcs bookmarked. I have a troubling yet fascinating-to-me AU fic where:
    Katara attempts to heal him from the mindbending, and accidentally reveals some old suppressed memories in the process - like that he was a firebender's son. And might've inherited it.

Makes the black and loathing a little more projecting and personal, and has a degree of talking things out with Smellerbee and Longshot. I think it was more focused on the self hatred element, though. Been a whole since I read it.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice