Emma's adventures in online dating

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Emma, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I have decided that I am going to try again with online dating again this year. On the advice of a friend tbh.

The first I'll note is that if nothing else I will get a lot of book recommendations from this adventure :P

Ps: anyone is welcome to reply/give advice/commiserate/share stories about your own weird online dating adventures. At some point I will add tags to this effect once I figure out how.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. Emma

I had a good conversation with a dude last night, and it was a bit flirty, and it was nice. And we've made a tentative plan to have a first date.

And now it's the light of day, and it's like: what have I done?! Although I am probably fine. I think.

3. Emma

An ongoing list of books people have recommended me:

Book series
    The Kingkiller Chronicles - Patrick Rothfuss
    The Riftwar Cycle - Raymond E. Feist

Writers:
    C.J. Samsom

• Like x 1
  4. Emma

I have a date on the 24th. Why do I have to like guys who live more than 160 km away? D:

• Witnessed x 1
  5. Emma

That was the first weekend we were both free btw. If it were up to me he'd be here next week. Alas :(

6. Emma

In the mean time I have some fun other conversations going. And a guy who I thought ghosted me didn't, he just had a second date with someone and would like to see where that goes. It was nice of him to let me know :)

7. Emma

I have fun chatting with the guy I have a date with soon. Part of me is worried though: is this fun just because I like him, or because I like the idea of him? The idea that a guy is actually interested in me?

Plus my brain is being annoying by making plans for the future that include him. Seeing as how I haven't even met him yet this is ridiculously annoying >.<

8. Emma

I edited the first post as well, but anyone is welcome to reply :)

If that changes in the future I will let you guys know :P

9. Emma

Is this feeling in my stomach butterflies or anxiety?

10. Emma

And now I feel weird because I haven't heard from him in a while.

Brain stop it! Gdammit.

11. Emma

Also: I feel kind of weird that he is younger than my brother and sister. And I know that shouldn't matter, but jeez what will my family say if it ever comes so far that I do 'take him home'?

And this exactly the kind of thing that I asked you to stop doing, brain!

12. Emma

I like him more and more everyday. I hope he's as good in person.

And tbh I hope he likes me as much in person as well

• Agree x 1
  13. Emma

It appears that he likes me too. Which is good, because I like him more and more

Though part of me wonders whether he is just pandering, you know?

This dating shit is weird.

14. Emma

He's not responded to my message for an entire day.

It's weird. I kinda expected him to respond and now I am wondering whether I have done something wrong. Ofcourse it's entirely possible that this is the weekend of his Berlin road trip. I forgot to ask him when that was. Jeez. Why is this so hard?

• Witnessed x 4
  15. Emma

I do not get my brain, seriously.

Yesterday I was worried because I hadn't heard from him all day, then today his plans got cancelled and he said: I could come up to where you are. And then my brain freaked out because it was a sudden unexpected change of plans. And so I told him no. Thankfully he seems to have taken this in stride.

(I mean, he said this at 11.30 and I was still in my pyjamas and hadn't washed my hair in four days and my floor was covered in detritus from sorting boxes. So I think I was justified, and it's just my brain chemistry that doesn't do well with changing plans. However now my brain is going: do you even like him enough?!?!?!?! Can I get a brain-ectomie?)

• Witnessed x 2
  16. Emma

There are concrete plans, I repeat there are concrete plans.

With an actual time and everything.

Help.

• Winner x 1
  17. Emma

T minus 16 hours.

Eep.

Luckily I have the entire morning to do much needed chores. So hopefully that'll take my mind of things...

• Like x 1
  18. Emma

T-88 minutes. My kitchen is ridiculously clean now. Mostly.

Butterflies/anxiety has kicked in.

• Witnessed x 1
  19. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Good luck!

• Agree x 1
  20. Emma

Thanks. I feel unsure about how it went. We had a decent conversation and we had fun, but I wonder whether we have enough in common.
    Especially future type things...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice