Enzel.txt (art/mmo screenshots/babbling)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Enzel, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Who needs to fill out detailed character bios when silly memes tell you all you need to know

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ...it looked empty so i dug up illustrations of side characters i have personalities for to fill it out a bit more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Enzel

i have not been drawing as much this week because...of THIS

scarf.jpg

a little while ago i made a plushie hammock bc we have a lot of cute stuffed animals that were sitting in our closet in a laundry bag and I wanted to display them. Decided to make another but while yarn shopping Aki pointed out a ball they'd like a scarf made out of so I was like. FUCK IT. I'MMA LEARN TO CROCHET A SCARF

it had a free pattern on it but I only discovered after I started that it was for...a blanket...so I fumbled around and figured out how to reduce it to a third of the width...also the yarn was labeled for a 5 mm hook which is why i got it but the pattern called for a 6mm hook, which i didn't see until I'd gotten far enough that I REALLY didn't want to start over. so Im just rolling with it. I have no idea what im doing, but it sure is Happening.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. Enzel

HUGS SEWING MACHINE PROTECTIVELY

My baby is finally home :'<

I had to drive through a snowstorm to get it but worth

4. Enzel

I did a body types/height lineup for my characters because...idk

bodytypes01.jpg
    Imry/Raiya/Nergui/Weinblyss/Elouan/Keten

bodytypes02.jpg
    Sivana (Noline)/Glacier/Laelius/Nennali/Enzel

bodytypes03.jpg
    Ragna/Tannem/Uriah/Aerling (Keiho)/Faunh/N'valyh

bodytypes04.jpg
    Tache/Tsuki/Mhati/Jaliqai/Pyha/Paoriri/Relulu/Memenu/Yulili

5. Enzel

It is actually really weird to look back on my old art when i didnt really know how to draw anything but "skinny animu person" and like. Who are these characters? Why are they not buff

I mean i still have things to learn but its wild to me that it took me like...18 years and a Final Fantasy game to diversify my characters' body types

@little me GUT GUD

6. Enzel

FFXIV AU Victor and Elle from Tales of Xillia 2

[​IMG]

I have a Victor alt for fun and screenshots and was idly trying to come up with an AU backstory for him the other day...i originally thought Bisley should be from Ul'dah but then i realized--latin names, inability to use magic...clearly he should be Garlean...you can get the incredibly fucked up family dynamic without even any family curses!

7. Enzel

Thinking abt the data center/server shuffle coming up in FFXIV is a lil...depressing. i mean i have a billion alts and a character at endgame (Wein) on Balmung so I'll still be able to run stuff w friends on Crystal DC, and World Visit will be really great for the rp community...but man. Our static's WAR is on Balmung and she's having to level an alt on our server in order to keep raiding with us. Plus our Samurai just bailed because of RL stuff being too much and the person whi's been subbing for her is ALSO Balmung, so if she wanted to take the spot permanently she'd ALSO need to level an alt. She has to think about it and decide now...weh. all of us would have absolutely moved to a Crystal server except we all have houses...and we'd have to re-level our FC and everything...ergh.

I wish they'd swapped Balmung and Gilgamesh. :( dun want Gilgamesh. (Sure as hell am going to be visiting to take advantage if the cheap MB tho...)

Ppl have been talking to me about their rp stuff lately and I'd really love to try branching out because i p much only play w Aki right now...but idk if i can make that sort of time/energy commitment...

I have a copy of Imry on Balmung too and was trying to come up with a non-WoL backstory for her so i could theoretically play her...by which i mean what would happen if she didnt have the Echo/join the Scions and went on just being a regular adventurer. And its...honestly hard because it could be literally anything??? She's very spontaneous so its entirely dependent on who she meets during that period of time. But I'd have to figure it out bc most people are at SB timeline-wise in their plotlines...hrmmmm.

• Like x 1
  8. Enzel

Finally replaced the zipper on a sweatshirt i have that was broken for...several years...

Sewing machine seems to be running fine but it was making a concerning clunking noise when going slowly or in reverse, it was fine when running at normal/fast speed. after finishing that repair I unthreaded it and ran it to see if i could figure out what was making the noise, and the clunking turned into a squeaking noise. :/ now it squeaks every single time the needle starts moving down from the highest position. I think the noise is coming from the top part of the machine, which is what was cleaned/serviced, but. I can't exactly oil it myself because it's supposed to be a self-oiling machine and it looks like I'm going to have to take the entire case off again to figure out where the problem is.

I guess i should call the repair place on monday since they should have checked it properly when they fixed it... x.x

Edit: I took off the needle plate and the noise...stopped...I put it back on, no noise. I tightened the screws all the way, noise! I loosened the screws...no noise.

It has to do with how tight the needle plate screws are apparently??? even tho that's the bottom of the machine and the noise was coming from the top??

:thonk:

Either way i'm going to keep an eye on it but it seems to be ok for now?? :confutoot:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  9. Enzel

I legitimately find soap cutting upsetting to watch. All i can do is go "YOU'RE WASTING ALL THAT NICE SOAP AND OMG. WHY ARE YOU CUTTING TOWARDS YOUR FINGERS. WHY." It gives me anxiety.

10. Enzel

Reminder to self to REFILL MEDS TODAY. got laundry done but need to make a grocery run soon also.

Want to do a little drawing too, ive been so focused on my crochet project that i haven't been drawing.

11. Enzel

Pharmacy was closed yesterday bc holiday 8( have to try again today.

TMJ acting up and one of my cavities is starting to ache a bit so i really need to get my dental xrays sent over...hnng.

A little over halfway done w the scarf tho. Will ppst pics when done.

12. Enzel

Some preliminary character designs for @Akiv'a 's story that I'm helping out with. Basically still at the concept art stage so still subject to change but wanted to pin down basic eye/face shapes. (I sure love
    ...cheekbones)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bonus rule 63 Imry for the lols. Nailing down "recognizably a Roe dude but young/early twenties looking" was tough given the face models in game lol
    [​IMG]

13. Enzel

13/16 stripes done

You can definitely tell...that this scarf is 1/3 of a blanket pattern...its nearly 6ft long lmaooo. I think i can probably finish it tomorrow!

14. Enzel

Why do the left side of the faces i draw straight on always get skewed. I cant see it while im drawing but afterward im always like ARGGGGH

On another creative note, brain keeps yelling at me WRITE SOMETHING NEW and refusing to finish anything I've already started

15. Enzel

Just crossposting from fiber arts thread :>

16. Enzel

Brain: DRAW A THING

Me: ok cool. Got my pen and sketchbook. What we drawing?

Brain: ........
    Me: .........

Brain: wait i have to pick something to draw in order to draw?

Me: ye...s?

Brain: [pikachu meme face]

17. Enzel

Brain is still doing that thing from previous post

I asked around if anyone wanted some quick free sketches to try to kick my creativity back into gear and only got a few bites...it helped and then i did a few comic pages but now im stuck again.

I want to start carrying my copics around again (i get a lot of my drawing done on the train to and from work) but its been so cold that ive been worried abt them getting damaged even inside an insulated lunch bag. (Copics are alcohol-based ink and can get fucked up by the cold)

Just feel super restless, like there's all this stuff i want to do but when it comes down to it i can't think of anything.

Also, im so damn bad at wrapping up scenes neatly. Whether its in a comic or writing. I just don't know how to end things!

18. Enzel

Let Melusine Say Fuck
    [​IMG]

(We were joking abt what if the WoL were an actual dragon that just wears a glamour bc there's no real reason why a dragon couldn't have the Echo)

(Then Aki made an actual character)

(They're from Bahamut's brood & took a very long nap and woke up like "the fuck is going on, i left for FIVE MINUTES")

([It was five thousand years])

(Anyway he doesn't really grasp the concept of mortal gender & screws up his glamour sometimes and confuses the heck out of people)

(Also there's no way to translate "fuck" into Dragonspeak [Estinien is a bad influence])

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Winner x 1
  19. Enzel

Finally finished this comic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Enzel

Other arts bc i finally sat down and scanned everything

Omega F/M Imry&Akiv'a style
    [​IMG]

Older version of Unukalhai from that one comic panel
    [​IMG]

Doodled theoretical adult designs for the twins too
    [​IMG]

Tiny darkness gremlins hold local dad hostage for food
    [​IMG]

Sketch portraits for some friends
    (Our raid group's Paladin & Samurai + another friend)
    [​IMG]

Pipin dressed as Veigue from Tales of Rebirth (they share a JP voice actor)
    [​IMG]

Akiv'a napping w his many boyfriends (sorta)
    [​IMG]

Duua and Pyha (sky pirate gfs)
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice