Escape From Homeworld: Planning/Gemsona stuff goes here

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by PotteryWalrus, Jan 6, 2016.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter literally Eevee

I initially read that as 'consumer' and was very confused.

• Like x 4
  2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Acts of rebellion: crashed a diamond party

• Like x 5
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss
    i might have to at some point design another outfit for Lavender that's inbetween her outfit rn and the next one (the very stripperific darker toned outfit) bc idk there wasn't enough time for developement really but I feel like she should be wearing more yellow bc citrine and more gray bc Gray

• Like x 1
  4. IvyLB

Soooooo y'all wanna probably get going? I'm not meanign to rush you but all y'all are stalled as hell and @Kaylotta is really trying to keep the RP thread moving so maybe you could all try to get your characters over to Melon's ship?
    Gentle Poking.

• Like x 2
  5. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I'm cool w/ being piloted into Melon's ship. Spinel will latch onto her oversized pack again the moment it's within range.

6. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Does anyone have ideas about what to do with Opal or how to get Celestine in?

7. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@KarrinBlue RIGHT. i was thinking about this when you last posted and then got distracted. sorry. :(

Remind me: Celestine is an operative of some sort. Would she have been privy to the document that got sent out? She might not agree with the measures listed.

Black Opal seems like she needs some really solid reasons to join the rebellion. She poofed Red Topaz, yes, but she didn't seem convinced. Could it be possible that while waiting with Melon and Hematite, they got to talking? Or even Melon and Hematite were talking, and Black Opal was listening? I don't know. I'm having trouble coming up with further straws to drop on this camel's back. That being said, it's entirely possible that Black Opal could decide not to join the rebellion. Her joining is not a foregone conclusion. She could probably take Red Topaz and bugger off and go back to working for Homeworld. I dunno!

• Like x 1
  8. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

@peeps who wanted to use the gemsona maker, but couldnt cause it is down

it is hosted here on missangest and works fine

9. Imoyram

also @KarrinBlue , when the big group comes into melon's ship opal and melon could 'just be finishing up a conversation' and were 'looking at some of melon's files' and have now convinced opal to be part of this.
    I'd assume we were gone for a few hours, plenty of time for you two to have a good conversation about the diamonds, with melon getting up and showing you what they have done in the past, and thouroughly convincing black opal.

just a suggestion if you dont want to actually have the conversation but want it to have happened

• Like x 1
  10. KarrinBlue

Celestine works for Blue Diamond, yes, but she's pretty firmly on the side of 'pearls are people too' and whatnot. Could be she is going to hightail it to the ship to warn them, only to find out they already know?

Opal... hm. Thing is, I'm having trouble thinking of arguments that'll get through to her.

• Like x 1
  11. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

What is Opal basing her loyalty on?

• Like x 1
  12. KarrinBlue

Opal's issue is mainly... Hm. Well there's a lot of inbuilt low-self-worth, plus quite a bit of 'disobeying the Homeworld is futile beyond words' plus the fact that she does not trust these renegade criminals as far as she can throw them - she feels bad for the Pearls, though, and doesn't think they're bad, just way overestimating their luck.

13. Inksalt

Inksalt the prettiest yautja

would Opal be open to going to a safehouse sort of location, where she can leave the party and basically be reintegrated into society if that's what she's interested in, rather than rebelling? (if we can send her to the Marbles then i can have Young Marble try to sell her on the idea of successful revolution!)

• Like x 2
  14. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Sorry I've been AWOL I had to go to the hospital on account of spraining my thumb (which I didn't even know was a thing, but suffice to say my typing speed is cut by like at least 30%)

What did I miss? (I mean I read back on what I missed, basically am I still relevant to this party XDD)

15. IvyLB

of course you are still relevant to this party and if you want, please write hematite and citrine going over to the other ship (and meeting up with the other hematite)

16. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Woo! I am a relephant :3

• Like x 2
  17. Imoyram

If you do any sort of "citrine and hematite are moving! Citrine and hematite are there!" Post, then we can just pretend everyone else followed you out and is now in melons ship.

• Like x 1
  18. IvyLB

While I can understand you all getting bored with 'and my character walked five steps and got to the otehr ship' posts I really wanna warn about the precedent that is setting
    Like I said we can pilot people along but honestly right now almost no one is actually writing RP posts so it's not like you'd be flooding the IC thread with your posts.
    Your characters have thoughts and feelings
    Most of the pearls haven't even reacted to the message sent by WD yet!

19. Imoyram

Yeah! I just thought.. we've been trying to move things along, or at least that is what it felt like. I thought that was what we were trying to do, so i was thinking of ways to do it. If that wasnt what we were trying to do, then thats good too!
    Its all good. *heh*

20. IvyLB

yeaaaaah we are kinda trying to get a bit more momentum going again, but i don't think going "Just assume my character did xyz" in the ooc thread is the way to go? Most likely post speed will pick up a bit again if people actually make ic posts

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice