Escape From Homeworld: Planning/Gemsona stuff goes here

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by PotteryWalrus, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

(hey should melo find some small personal communicators too or is that too conveniant?)

2. Imoyram

triple post whoops

if people DO think coms are overpowered please tell me and ignore it in her post, and ill edit it out.

3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

uh i think one set of them would be passable. So the team that goes in can stay in contact with the backup/extraction team on the ship essentially.

• Like x 1
  4. Imoyram

i can cut it down to two instead of four then, if that makes it better. (i think thats what you meant)

• Like x 1
  5. IvyLB

yep that's what I meant, sorry if I was being too vague :o

• Like x 1
  6. Imoyram

k ive done that. feel free to start migrating to the back for costumes! (I am so excite)

7. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

note: we haven't heard from @Dist (who i know is school-busy), @emythos (who was sick and needs to be caught up, I think you were doing that @Imoyram?), @lilacsofthedead (that'll be a timezone thing), @Acey, @prismaticvoid, or @KarrinBlue. I'd rather we not have to handwave them into the ship before we get too busy costuming - because Gray is going to have to do some fancy flying, I suspect ...

(also, @KarrinBlue, I know you were still conflicted about what to do with Black Opal. If she wanted to ditch now (and possibly return later), this might be a good time? Or else you could say in the conversations she had with people before the Pearls & co showed up, she'd decided to stick with them for now, or something like that. Also, perhaps Celestine has been sent to the alert regarding Melon's ship, and spies the stealth ship flickering or something?)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    • Like x 2
  8. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Hey guys, I'm a bit low spoons tonight so I'll reply better in the mornings, k?

• Like x 3
  9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Hmm I don't want her to ditch but I just have no idea how to get her to agree with them IC?

10. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Might she be the type to stick around for the sake of perhaps betraying later? To gather info? If Hematite has Red Topaz, Black Opal might want to get her back before taking off, too. Also, I suspect that if she does stick around, eventually there will be a "okay, you don't agree with us, so why did you poof Red Topaz?" which might be a good segue into her admitting she has doubts, or something.

She could also feel bad for the Pearls, and not necessarily want them to be destroyed, but she doesn't agree with the whole rebellion thing - but she may also recognize that unless she comes back with Red Topaz, it might be hard for her to convince anyone that she wasn't on the rebellion's side ... which, well, might be hard to do with Red Topaz, too, since she disincorporated her. THOUGH, Red Topaz was trying to convince her to form a heterogeneous fusion, Red might want to keep that quiet...

• Like x 3
  11. Imoyram

I was catching them up yes. Am a bit behind now, haven't been updating constantly, will fix that soon ish.

Edit to correct pronouns

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  12. IvyLB

emythos goes by he/him or they/them pronouns afaik? like correct me if I'm wrong but i'm p sure emythos is a guy.

• Like x 1
  13. Imoyram

I will do a post for me I a while, busy atm, but already have melo's disguise prepped.

14. KarrinBlue

I mean, I think Black Opal would basically default to do-what-people-tell-you mode, if that helps?

15. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

well, that could be arranged? I suspect one of the Hematites, or else Spinel, would be most likely to give Black Opal a hard look and say "c'mon soldier get in the truck". actually I think Melon would have been the most likely to do that, but, well. XD

16. KarrinBlue

..Spinel is the spy one, right? That might work.

• Like x 1
  17. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

yup, Spinel's the experienced covert-ops rebellion lady. short, powerful, and will not take your, or anyone else's, shit. played by @Starcrossedsky.

• Like x 2
  18. KarrinBlue

Then that could work.

• Like x 1
  19. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

yep, just gently herd them all up into the ship. Get in rebels, we're going infiltrating.

• Like x 1
  20. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

so ... are we just handwaving everyone getting in? including Black Opal? i gotta say i really don't like the amount of handwaving we're doing in general. i'd like to move on as much as everyone else, but the story starts to lose coherency when we get sidetracked, and time passes, and people jump in again without actually updating where they were at.

I don't know, guys, I'm just uncomfortable with this. the Pearls are potentially about to be under attack. people were strapping in and getting ready to go and now we're off in the back of the ship getting costumed. which is fine! dress-up time is great, and i've got some ideas about Gray's reactions to dressing up and so on and so forth. but can we get out of the immediate danger first, even if that means being patient and waiting for others to catch up?

... maybe i'm just being grumpy and wanting to be too linear. but this problem has occurred several times now and we're no closer to deciding on a solution to it. if the consensus is that we're fine with the jumping around and handwaving, i'll stop complaining about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice