Escape From Homeworld: Planning/Gemsona stuff goes here

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by PotteryWalrus, Jan 6, 2016.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

No I totally agree.
    I had brought up handwaving people along at some point as a solution to the timezone problem to STOP us from being slowed down.
    Which means we would for example pull Smoke along with the group as long as Em was still out sick. Or pull Lavender along while I'm asleep, because I'm European and a lot of you are in the US.
    but this is a solution for single characters so we don't artificially stall play because of unavoidable stuff.

I'd REALLY like it if we could go back to ACTUALLY writing about what our characters are doing? some characters haven't actively done ANYTHING in quite a while not even shared their thoughts?
    I don't want to pressure you but it's hard to get dynamics going between characters if there isn't much to go on?
    The dress up thing should wait until at least a big chunk of the characters have ACTUALLY written a reaction and gotten unto the ship :c

2. IvyLB

Sorry to hear that :( We'll try to work around it!

3. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Dang. :( If you want, Rita could get poofed like we were previously thinking, but it could be a rather traumatic poof - and then, if you ever had time to/wanted to come back, you could.

• Like x 3
  4. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

hugs for @Dist, Rita will be missed.

5. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I'm really sorry that I haven't been posting much here, guys. I've been really distracted and I'm finding it really difficult to actually brain what Citrine and Hematite will be doing. I desperately don't want to dump this RP, it's fantastic, but maybe I need to call an official hiatus for my gems?

Just like, puppet them along and pretend they're sulking or something, idk XD

6. IvyLB

... that leaves us with very little active players you do realize that? @lilacsofthedead

7. PotteryWalrus

fuck

aughhhh I'm sorry I'll try and post what am I supposed to be doing fuck I'm sorry D:

8. IvyLB

like i'm not trying to pressure you into staying, but it'd be really hard to keep teh rp alive with this many people quitting at the same time and a few still being sort of inactive :I

9. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I wonder if we should call a brainstorming break. It seems like @lilacsofthedead and @KarrinBlue are having issues figuring out where to go next with their characters, and feeling lost as to what to post next. @emythos is still not here. We also haven't heard from @Acey. Perhaps it would be better for us to collectively hash out some character development?

it feels like we are in a lull, and pushing doesn't seem to be really helping anyone. :/

• Like x 4
  10. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Pushing definitely doesn't help, IME.

11. IvyLB

Yeah, sorry.
    So where do we stand? We're about to leave for Onyx's house, Then Almandine and then Amethyst.
    Unless everyone wants to change plans?

• Like x 1
  12. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Unless we split off from the main story RP (maybe into a vignettes thread?), I do,t think we can really change the plan...

13. IvyLB

no yeah makes sense I was just asking in case anyone was uncomfortable with the idrection the plot is going in?
    I guess maybe we should talk about whether people want more action-y stuff or more slice of life stuff?

• Like x 1
  14. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

15. PotteryWalrus

-scrubs eyes- I'm really sorry everyone but idk, I just... it's now reached the point where every time I try to think about this RP there's a block and I feel like screaming ^^;;;

I just... I can't, not for a while. I can't, I'm really sorry. I'm sorry :/

16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

okay. let's call a halt for the time being. it is midterms for those of us in uni, and it seems like a bunch of us are just swamped. i think a lot of us are getting frustrated for various reasons, and that's creating more blocks.

let's all take a break - at least a couple days, maybe even a week. if people want to hash out ideas or just chat, that's cool, but no pressure.

• Like x 4
  17. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

on a happier note:

• Like x 3
  18. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Yeah, mental and physical help has been smacking me around a bunch for a while. Carnelian is in general good at distractions but can also get around less-noticed if that would be more helpful.

19. IvyLB

that is pretty useful!
    Do we have any particular scenes people would like to do in the future?
    I think a beach episode would be fun at some point! Another thing I would like to do, personally, with Lavender would be a chase scene where she figures out ship cannons or something like that, if Labradorite's ship has cannons?

• Like x 1
  20. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

oh my word yes I would like Lav to discover how much she enjoys shooting things

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice