Escape From Homeworld: Planning/Gemsona stuff goes here

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by PotteryWalrus, Jan 6, 2016.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Also, is it terrible that I can't getting the mental image of the Pearl Fusion going "we. Are not. THINGS." before she smushes Almandine out of my head?
    (Also the pearl fusion being voiced by emilie autumn, but that's my own fault for associating the music with this)

• Like x 3
  2. emythos

We're gonna need to set up a playlist XD

• Like x 1
  3. emythos

Yes good
    Also, Smoke is gonna get in position to start the dance.

4. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Oooh.

Also, a thought? Red Topaz could be in the court of Blue Diamond (well, we did see red-pink Gem silhouettes) and so maybe Pinfire could be slightly more familiar with Blue Pearl? Could give her another reason to help all the Pearls escape.

• Like x 3
  5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I feel like i am pushing the shipping agenda but Lavender would totally be down for catching and dipping Rose because HELL YES
    (also yes polyamorous Pearls is SUCH A GOOD IDEA)
    I'm in favor of someone narrating the dance! i can do it but i don't have much formal knnowledge of ballet. (But i'd probably draft it after a group performance on youtube or something and post that so people have a visual)

• Like x 6
  6. IvyLB

also very very in favor of Blue Pearl being the one piloting the smash action

• Like x 1
  7. emythos

I'm so glad everyone seems down for poly Pearls, it'd just be so damn precious.
    I have basically no knowledge of ballet, but I have google, so I mean, maybe I could fake it? Narration might be nice.
    YASSSSSSSS

• Like x 2
  8. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Hells yes to Blue Pearl being the one coordinating everybody.

• Like x 3
  9. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

-reading what I've missed due to Doc's appt-

"BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM, MOTHERF*CKER!" (or not that last word b/c gems don't swear, but XD)

SAFDJKL;L; alll the pearls self-validating please yes

I can narrate the dance if people want! Again I'm not super familiar with ballet jargon, but I've been told I'm alright with action sequences and I watch a lot of ballet on youtube because pretty people and shiny muscles^^;;;;

• Like x 3
  10. emythos

The Pearls are people, and now they KNOW it.
    That would work. And then @alex can jump in for the whole joining the fusion bit.

• Like x 1
  11. PotteryWalrus

How many Pearls are dancing again? Are we adding NPCs besides Blue Diamond's Pearl? (I think I knew the number, but doctors always eat my spoons and counting is difficult rn ^^;;;)

12. emythos

Rose, Rita, and Maggi aren't supposed to be, but Rose (and Rita???) will jump in, then we've got Blue Pearl, Lavender, Smoke, and Grey, and I think there's supposed to be about two dozen dancing Pearls altogether, most of which are faceless NPCs and not all of which are fusing together, because that would be a fucking huge Pearl.

• Like x 2
  13. IvyLB

I'm quickly off for dinner but i'll be back

• Like x 1
  14. PotteryWalrus

I was thinking that it would be two or three ultimate fusions of ultimate destiny? I just need to eat my dinner, then I'll write the dance post :)

• Like x 3
  15. emythos

makes sense

• Like x 1
  16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I was wondering about a couple of concentric circles of dancing, which would split off into pairs or trios to fuse, which might then fuse with each other - maybe the biggest fusion would be nine ish? Our little cohort might end up near each other, fuse together, then be about to fuse with Blue as a coup de grace - and then Rose and Rita run up and in...

• Like x 3
  17. emythos

What if the fancy show is them switching between fusions, and so it doesn't seem like anything's wrong for a minute because they're supposed to go into one fusion, hold it, split into a few fusions, hold that, then switch who's fused with who
    but instead they don't switch

• Like x 4
  18. emythos

I like this idea, too.

• Like x 2
  19. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@emythos I think it would be pretty easy to combine the two: I like your idea a lot.it could also make having two renegade Pearls a little easier - maybe Rita slips in *almost unobtrusively*...maybe Lavender beckons to her? And then before everyone freaks out about Rita, Rose decides that Rita has the right idea and heads down in the most showstopping way possible, right into Blue Pearl's arms.

• Like x 2
  20. emythos

@Kaylotta ooh, that would absolutely work

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice