Escape From Homeworld: Planning/Gemsona stuff goes here

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by PotteryWalrus, Jan 6, 2016.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I've been defaulting to "in white diamond's court" too. Labradorite is pretty, but I think I'm going with Smoky Quartz, since the color scheme fits well.

2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

So they probably met at a capitol-esque party thing right?
    i wonder if there is this thing where there is an opening dance by pearls of distinguished court members.
    because that would have some fun fucked up implications with the dancing => fusion implications and since they are all pearls...

• Like x 1
  3. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Is it weird that I'm already picturing Smoky Quartz as like the gem version of Snowman, complete with cigarette?

@IvyLB - SARDONYX. That is all.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    • Like x 3
  4. emythos

...this is canon now, I have decided.
    That would be super disturbing, I totally vote we work with it.

• Like x 2
  5. PotteryWalrus

Maybe the occasion is a new batch of Quartz soldiers? :3

• Like x 2
  6. PotteryWalrus

Also I found the gemsona creator

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  7. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I WANNA BE A PEARL TOO

• Like x 2
  8. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Gray Pearl and Onyx.jpg

Meet Gray Pearl and Onyx!

Onyx does whatever she damn well pleases. She is slightly bigger than the picture would suggest. She's hella strong and knows it, and can pound anyone into dust. She has in fact been known to fully break gems in battle. She is typically deployed in command of a small squad of lesser Quartzes - or even Rubies - because if she's not in charge, things can get messy. And if she is in charge, then whatever she gets pointed at gets wrecked. She is not calm enough for solo work, and she pooh-poohs the idea of fusions, because with her brawn, she doesn't fucking need any help.

She was granted a Pearl after a particularly impressive routing of the home species on a new colony. Onyx had been assigned as military commander to a scout mission: the native species proved Very Dangerous. Onyx showed a surprising amount of tactics on the battlefield, especially with only a small squad, and the scout team not only got away safely with every gem intact, they actually cleared a landing zone and established a small base, having terrified the natives away.

Onyx, pondering what use she could possibly have for a Pearl (she was high-octane! always on the go! and you couldn't spar with a Pearl, what was the point), lit on the idea of having a personal servant and chauffeur instead of just a decoration. And so she bribed (slash intimidated) the Pearl-grower to make hers just a little more special, a little smarter, not like those dumb empty-headed hat stand Pearls. The Pearl-grower rolled their eyes and pretended to make a really good one, but actually made it with slightly less care. This resulted in Gray Pearl having three eyes (and a non-standard pearl nose). No future vision, just ... extra vision. Onyx attributes Gray Pearl's incredibly attentive nature and driving skills to this fact, though in all probability it's just a fluke, and if it weren't Onyx's Pearl, the defective gem probably would have just been crushed.

Onyx does not see Gray Pearl as a person, just a tool. She brags about the effectiveness of her Pearl, but treats her quite poorly. Of course, this is fairly standard for Pearls, so no surprise there.

Gray Pearl almost never speaks. She will respond in single words to Onyx only when necessary; most of the time, she simply obeys without speaking. Her current 'weapon' is essentially a universal key: this will run any vehicle and open any door ... because Onyx wants nothing to get in her way. Being as Gray Pearl obeys Onyx's orders, they both assume that her key only works when it, too, is ordered to. This is of course bullshit, but Gray Pearl also of course has zero curiosity, and hasn't tried opening anything she isn't supposed to ...

• Like x 5
  9. emythos

open all the doors. all of them.

• Like x 1
  10. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Lowkey wanna get in on this!
    Carnelian is a musician primarily, very anxious and avoids social contact so she doesn't have a whole lot of friends. Not a servant, but an entertainer so not very high social caste. Discovers that hitting stuff with sticks is a very satisfying method of rebellion. Doesn't talk much either by choice, habit, or necessity, capable of speech under duress but kinda hates it.

• Like x 3
  11. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i also have my Tanzanite gemsona, who could come in at some point if we wanted...

Tanzanite.jpg
    from an earlier post about her:

• Like x 2
  12. IvyLB

i get this feeling we have all these almost onverbal gems and then just
    lavender who seems to be incapable of shutting up for five minutes at a time unless someoe huge and scary glares at her.

• Like x 4
  13. IvyLB

i was actually thinking like pearls fusing with pearls bc fusion between two different gems is probably still seen as no-good and especially ot as a cute party trick while fusing your pearl and a different one to make a BIG pretty slave gem is probably more socially acceptable.

• Like x 2
  14. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

road trips are gonna be hella quiet.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    • Like x 1
  15. PotteryWalrus

@Kaylotta HAH Onyx kind of sounds like what Amethyst would have been like if she hadn't incubated for too long and grown up in Proper Society XDD (A complete terror, in other words XDD)

Yeah, Haematite is currently more the same height as Sugilite when fused - unfused, they're each about the same height as Citrine, who's a little on the short side for a Quartz but nowhere near as stunted as Amethyst (sorry, Amethyst.) Citrine gets super nervous around veteran gems like Onyx - it's kind of a mixture of 'I've been conditioned to hero-worship you' and 'but I'm uncomfortable with how loud you are and you treat your lessers'. She blushes easily - she blames her colour - and is like as not to get super flustered around cool people, and I get the sense she is really young, for a gem. Like maybe Peridot's bloom/generation?

SHE LOVES TALKING DON'T WORRY

Haematite is much more calm and collected, being much older - I think the kinder-garden accident they were punished for happened before Citrine was even seeded, so they've had time to consider things deeply. Wrist Gem is still much more guilt-stricken and upset about the whole thing than Head Gem, and much more likely to do something stupid in the name of Making Things Right.

((sadfklkl;l;l ALL THE GEMSONAS, ALL OF THEM :D))

Okay, so we're gonna have to start thinking about how we're gonna plan this. Pearl players, we said they would be involved in a performance to greet the new Quartzes, then from there what? Head Gem Haematite is definitely the kind of gem to say 'shard this, we're gonna run and take anyone who's willing with us' but I can see an issue with a giant gem being invisible enough to talk to Pearls without some heads turning?

Anyone else willing to suggest a match to this powder keg?

• Like x 3
  16. emythos

It's going to be hilarious.
    The awkwardest road trip.
    I think pearl fusions would end up looking different from their components, because there's so much variation. So it'll be showing off the various pretties, basically. It's like a super depersoning fashion show or something XD

• Like x 2
  17. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

hmmmmMMMMMmmm

on the topic of dancing/fusions ... god does that ever get creepy, if the Pearls are expected to fuse on command, for public consumption. scheiße.

@lilacsofthedead LOL omg i didn't even think of the Amethyst parallel but you are SO RIGHT. i love it.

back to hmmmmmmming

i wonder if something goes awry with the fusion dance? and maybe the Pearls are sent to be punished?

I'm toying with the idea of all these unhappy slaves suddenly having one extra-unhappy slave who, when they all fuse, is just enough to tip the scales ... and maybe they poof another gem?

maybe the extra Pearl wasn't supposed to fuse and did anyway

and then of course they all get in trouble

i dunno, just spitballin'

• Like x 4
  18. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

If you get Carnelian interested in a thing she will probably also never shut up about it, it just takes effort :P

• Like x 1
  19. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I WANNA HAVE THE EXTRA UNHAPPY PEARL

• Like x 1
  20. PotteryWalrus

I really like the idea that they're all just sort of lowkey-unhappy then they fuse and it's like 'YOU FEEL IT TOO' and they're so startled they lose rhythm and are dragged off to their respective corners. Maybe Onyx is so disgusted she fobs her Pearl off on the random new recruit for the night and things go from there?

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice