Escape From Homeworld: Planning/Gemsona stuff goes here

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by PotteryWalrus, Jan 6, 2016.

1. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I'm too busy with Weirdmageddon Tango to be a major player in this, and the character has very little political sense whatsoever, but I have a criminally minded, larcenous Tourmaline who thinks the Diamond Authority is full of stupid and absolutely no fun and does not understand why people order Pearls that are smart and pretty and talented and expect them to stand around being bored all the time. I'm guessing there's probably at least one Diamond that wants to break her gem into itty bitty tiny pieces. She borrows things. She might even return them if the mood strikes her. She's got some kind of ship. Note that I say she has it and not that she owns it. I'm pretty sure she's not planning to return it.

Anyhow, she might be willing to assist revolutionaries on the grounds that it could be entertaining. Or romantic. Or profitable.

.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    • Like x 3
  2. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

my gemsona is a scout-type dioptase if that comes up as Necessary at any point :o may elaborate more later when im not in class lol

• Like x 1
  3. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Haha yes I have been thinking about the whole car thing since this started :P probably 'cars' are just personal-size hover vehicles, like little spaceships. So really, Gray is more of a pilot than a driver, but hey.

• Like x 2
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

How many Pearls do we have by now anyway? was it five or six?

• Like x 1
  5. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Six...? Gray, Lavender, Smoke, Rose, Rita, Maggi - oh, no, seven with Baroque.

• Like x 2
  6. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Pfft, there's a whole clutch of them! We might have to split it into multiple threads so we can manage the cast a little better XD

7. IvyLB

depends on how we do that?
    if we split it along location or whatever it might ot be useful depending on how much the gems keep together (Lavender is gonna be a lil clingy initially, she is used to very precise orders and a close watch) that could be useless, but it might also conversely make keeping a coherent timeline really really hard because different threads might move at different speeds?
    If we want to split threads for archival purposes I suppose starting a new thread with every milestone is probably a good strategy. and maybe one on one conversations could get their own threads too?

• Like x 2
  8. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Got room for one more Spinel in here? Mine's a red and I've actually always envisioned her as a weapons teacher on the rebellion side, but I'd be open to having this be her "lol, fuck this" arc. Or possibly having her be a rebel spy, goodness knows we need those.

Actually the more I consider the spy idea the more I like it. She's an infiltrator of the swat team variety - in, do the job, out - with enough status to own a Pearl but no desire to, because pearls are expensive and doesn't see any need for one. Definitely on the smaller side as gems go, only about Lapis-tall but with more of a Garnet kind of build. (I'll fight with the extremely unsatisfying gemsona builder later.) Tends to get underestimated by Quartzes and the like whenever she gets put on a new assignment because of it; has been known to accept challenges from said Quartzes and then give them the throwndown. Sternum gem, familiar with a number of weapons but her personal one is a rapier that she summons by basically doing a one-person Utena Draw.

If Rose Quartz is in fact Pink Diamond, she was probably originally under Rose's command, but was not on earth when rebellion happened and so got reassigned to White Diamond. Rose approached her in secret because she knew that Spinel was someone who had already experienced a taste of personal freedom - she's given a lot of leeway to get her missions done - and took a gamble that she would want more, which paid off. Spinel's biggest secret is that she loves to sing.

• Like x 2
  9. PotteryWalrus

Yeah, true. I guess we'll just see how it pans out :3

@Starcrossedsky - there is ALWAYS room for one more. If she's a weapons instructor, maybe she's working with the new Quartz batch alongside Agate and knows Citrine?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    • Like x 1
  10. Starcrossedsky

@lilacsofthedead that was more my concept for what she does in the Rebellion (see TLDR about the spying shit for what she does for homeworld). She's high enough ranked to get invited to the party and everything though.

[/hasn't read the IC thread yet, is dicking with the gemsona maker]

11. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

So I redesigned Tektite slightly!

[​IMG]

Baroque Pearl comin' up next. :D

EDIT: Here's Baroque!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    • Like x 4
  12. Starcrossedsky

Okay I think I've finally coughed up to as much as I'm going to get out of the gemsona maker.

spinelmaker.jpg

It's not perfect - the cape thingie should actually be one of those ridiculous anime scarves that sticks out and drifts on the wind - the point of both it and the buttcape are to break up her silhouette and make her harder to hit in the dark. Her gem is a marquise cut on the vertical axis along her sternum (that is, points pointing up and down) but the dollmaker didn't have that shape option. It is in fact that degree of bright red, though, and it's the brightest color in her whole design.

• Like x 1
  13. PotteryWalrus

• Like x 5
  14. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Right, I might not get to add anything into the rp for about half an hour or so, I have to drive around. I'll post the second I can.

15. IvyLB

Oh right if lavender ever learns to summon her weapon what should she have? i was thinking maybe either fans or a ribbon like in gymnastics.

16. PotteryWalrus

Oooh, a gymnastics ribbon would be really cool! Then she can learn to fight all Kung Fu Viper Style :D (Also Haematites only have shovels, so they know what it's like to fight with a weapon that's not a weapon XD)

• Like x 2
  17. IvyLB

level 1: "H-how do i even use that?"
    level 99: *ties bad guys up and kicks them around, disarms them, slaps them from across the room*

• Like x 2
  18. IvyLB

also which pearl wants to be the one getting knocked over by citrine?
    it can be lavender if you want someone who is available rn to do something, but i feel like she'll get in enough trouble later on besides it'd be a good intro post for other Pearls. :U

19. PotteryWalrus

I probably should have asked that BEFORE Citrine went and had a klutz-attack XDD

20. IvyLB

ehhhh i'm used to rp things being heavily communicated and coordinated rn (*looks at WT ooc thread*), so i thought i'd just post the question so no one feels like they'd steal anyone the intro post

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice