Escape From Homeworld

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Gray Pearl, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Melo Pearl

Melo Pearl Member

Melo hears one of them call out to her, but its nothing she hasn't heard before. Just think of it like a mission, she says to herself. You can't come out until Labradorite comes and finds you.
    So she just curls up tighter and hopes that she won't be discovered.

2. The Singing Spinel

The Singing Spinel New Member

Spinel frowns, then takes a step back towards the living space. "You can either come out," she says, a hand reached towards her chest in preparation for drawing her weapon, "Or we'll poof you and drop you out the hatch into that mayhem. I certainly wouldn't want to be unprotected with all those Quartzes running around out there."

3. Melo Pearl

Melo Pearl Member

Melo cringes, and uncurls out of her hiding spot. She doesn't know what kind of chaos is happening outside, but she really doesnt want to get crushed. She decides to summon her "weapon" in an attempt to look more menacing when she steps out, but considering how she just hid...
    She steps out of the room, holding her weapon in what she hopes is an aggressive stance.

Hopefully this gem doesn't know how to fight.
    Because she sure doesn't.

4. Carnelian

Carnelian Amusing, hopefully

Carnelian sees the small orange Pearl draw...something out of her gem as she moves forward, but she can't readily identify it. Until-
    "Wait, are those bells?"

5. Melo Pearl

Melo Pearl Member

"N-no. They're weights." She's lying of course, to attempt to be intimidating, but then one of them jingles as she shifts sideways. She winces.

6. Carnelian

Hearing the faint ring, Carnelian smiles and shows the Pearl her flute. "You don't have to lie to us. We just want out."

• Like x 1
  7. The Singing Spinel

In response, Spinel just draws her rapier from her chest and levels it at the Pearl. Internally, she's troubled. They can't very well dump off a Pearl, now, she'd be crushed even if she genuinely had nothing to do with the rebellion that just took place. Perhaps if they dump her somewhere else...

"We're leaving the planet," she clarifies, "headed for Earth and the Rose Quartz rebellion. If you wish to remain loyal to homeworld, we'll poof you and leave you somewhere you can regenerate safely before we go." The hanger should be good enough for that - they still had to get the other Hematite, the Tourmaline, and Spinel's weapons cache.

8. Melo Pearl

Melo Pearl Member

"Woah woah woah! I don't want to get poofed, and i use this thing to make noise, I don't know how to use it to poof gems. Honestly I don't even know who you are! Or why you're here. Labradorite didn't tell me anything other than that she was going to an execution and I was to wait in the ship. Please don't poof me, I'm just really confused right now"

9. Gray Pearl

Gray Pearl Pearl of Onyx

During the conversation in the back, Gray has been piloting the ship towards the arena. Swooping down into the square, it's clear there were at least some rebellious gems within as well, since the fighting has spread. No wonder Chia and Iron Pyrite hadn't been getting the aristocrats' bodyguards.

She grits her teeth as the ship catches a stray energy bolt - shard it, it came up in her blind spot - and the cloaking flickers, immediately disclosing her location to every single Gem who happened to be looking up. Well. So much for that plan. She threw the ship into a series of evasive maneuvers, rolling, turning sharply, and flipping, trying to evade enough of the bolts that were now coming directly for her so that she could engage the cloaking again. If it didn't happen in the next couple seconds, she would have to duck down and hope Iron Pyrite saw her coming.

It crossed her mind that the other Gems almost certainly hadn't been strapped in. Oops.

• Like x 1
  10. The Singing Spinel

Strapped in they were not, and Spinel's attempt to respond to the orange Pearl in the back is thrown off by being thrown into Carnelian. She discorporates her rapier before anyone gets stabbed and tries to go with the roll of the ship, but she's not really very successful at it. There's something to be said for being small, though, when you wind up on top of someone else. The gangly Pearls and bulky Carnelian will take a lot more damage from the crash than Spinel, provided no one lands on her.

11. Iron Pyrite

Iron Pyrite Stronger Than You

Iron Pyrite found Smoke soon after Rose, and tucked both Pearls under each of her lower arms, bunching her muscles and leaping straight up onto the spine of the suddenly-visible ship. She tossed each of them - gently - through the hatch, then tried to go in herself, realising only after a moment that she was far too big to fit. With a sad sigh, she unfused, leaving Hematite still holding onto Citrine's arm.

The older gem swung the younger in through the hatch, then jumped through herself, closing the door behind her. Neither of them were in much shape to notice the new Pearl or the bucking and rolling of the ship.

Citrine immediately scrambled into the nearest corner and curled up tight there, shaking. Hematite stared into space, drawing a grey hand down her face, then abrupt turned and vanished into the living quarters at the back of the craft, locking the door behind her.

12. Melo Pearl

Melo Pearl Member

The manoeuvres send Melo crashing into the threatening red one one and the nice orange one, her 'weapon' jingling like crazy as she fell. She barely even noticed when the new gems came in.

13. Carnelian

Carnelian tried to maintain her balance when the ship pitched, but Spinel and then the Pearl falling into her eliminated any chance of that happening. She tried to tuck in her head as they crashed to the floor in an unruly heap.

14. Call Me Lavender

Call Me Lavender Has To Stop Talking | 18+

Lavender had somehow managed not to be knocked out fo the hatch by the maneuvers holding onto something. With Rose, Smoke, Citrine and Hematite in and the hatch closed she breathed a sigh of relief.
    She walked over to the pile of limbs and offered a hand to her friends.
    "W-well, I suppose we should try and g-get the others. T-this ship should be capable of intergalactic travel, r-right?"

• Like x 1
  15. Melo Pearl

Melo Pearl Member

Melo jumped up quickly and retrieved her bells, shaking a little. She backed away from the unfamiliar gems, and started a bit when the purple one spoke. "Wait, there are more of you?!"

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  16. Call Me Lavender

"A-ah! Y-yes sorry, I didn't even notice you. I-i'm Lavender Pearl, w-who are you?"
    Lavender tries smiling calmingly at the other gem, who is clearly freaked out.

17. Melo Pearl

Melo Pearl Member

Melo considers Lavender Pearl for a second and decides that if she's gonna tell one of them, this one seemed nice enough.
    "I'm.. Melo Pearl. Labradorite's pearl. This is her ship. Well, it was."
    She makes a face somewhere between an awkward frown and smile.

18. Rose Pearl

Rose Pearl Member

Rose was hesitant to speak to the other Pearl, but when she introduced herself, Rose decided she seemed nice enough, and she went to stand next to Lavender. "Hello there. I'm Rose Pearl. And there are more of us, but not many, don't worry too much."

19. Call Me Lavender

"S-sorry about abducting you."
    She laughs awkwardly.
    "W-we kind of had a a-ah situation and had to borrow your ship."

20. Melo Pearl

Melo Pearl Member

"Hehe. I probably should've been on higher alert, but Labradorite didn't tell me there was a possibility of....rebels?....stealing the ship. I'm not a fighting gem anyway.."

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice