Escape From Homeworld

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Gray Pearl, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Citrine

Citrine Young and Stupid

"Hey guys!" Citrine chirped, coming around the corner. "Hey, have you seen-"

She stopped dead at the sight of Fog Pearl, twice as tall as either of her components and almost an inch taller than Citrine herself. She gaped at them for a long second, then she grinned. "Wow, you guys look great! Any real reason for this, or were you just fooling around?"

She wished she could fool around as well, but since Iron Pyrite and the division of the Hematites, the one remaining... well, it's been awkward between them. She wished she had someone to teach her to dance.

• Like x 2
  2. Smoke Pearl

Smoke Pearl Active Member

"Just for fun!"
    She gave a twirl to demonstrate.

3. Citrine

Citrine Young and Stupid

"Hah, I can see!" Citrine laughed, bounded up to them and took her hands, bouncing a little with excitement. "What does it feel like? What's it like being taller than me? Hey, I bet you could even lift me like this, you're so tall and graceful!"

4. Smoke Pearl

Fog grinned and mirrored Citrine's bounciness.
    "It feels wonderful!" Enthusiastically, she let go of Citrine's hands to get a better grip on her.
    "I'm going to try! Ready? One, two-"

5. Citrine

Citrine Young and Stupid

"Whoa!" Citrine laughed and flailed a little as her feet left the ground by some inches, then grabbed onto Fog's head for balance. "Haha, see! I knew you could do it!"

She coloured a little, blushing orange as she remembered why she was looking for other gems. "Uhm, oh yeah, I wanted to ask you guys something -"

6. Smoke Pearl

"I feel so strong," she said with a giggle.
    "What do you want to ask?"

7. Citrine

Citrine Young and Stupid

"Uhmm..." she blushed harder. "Could you guys maybe give me some dancing tips? I've tried jiving on my own, but I just feel like a bouncing boulder. It's not as graceful and balanced as you guys - I thought maybe you could give me some pointers, you know?"

8. Smoke Pearl

Fog Pearl was overjoyed by that.
    "Of course we can! That would be wonderful!"
    Now they just needed to figure out when, where, etc.

9. Melo Pearl

Melo Pearl Member

"Could I learn to dance too? You all seem to have so much fun with it, I've never learned how."
    Melo's smile faltered a bit and she mumbled
    "not much reason to in my old line of work"

10. Smoke Pearl

"Of course you can learn!"
    Oh no, she looked sad.
    Fog placed Citrine down and once again offered hugs.

11. Melo Pearl

Melo Pearl Member

"Thanks."
    Melo tentatively accepted hugs, and then settled into Fog's arms.
    It was strange to be hugging someone so much bigger than her, and doubly as strange when it felt like hugs from both lav and smoke, but mixed and-
    Melo shook off her thoughts and added
    "You picking up Citrine was pretty funny"

12. Smoke Pearl

"Welcome," she said, cuddling Melo close. Wow, she seemed so small now.
    "I didn't know if I was going to be able to! But I guess I can. That adds plenty of possible moves for dancing with her."

• Like x 1
  13. Tektite

Tektite The True Warp Master

Tektite laughed. "I'm not very good at dancing. I'm too clumsy! But sometimes I would kinda bounce along to the beep-y noises when I worked. The higher-ups would get soooooo mad!"

She had to admit, it was nice knowing that these other Gems wouldn't get upset with her for her quirks, at least as far as she could tell.

• Like x 1
  14. Smoke Pearl

"There's lots of different ways to dance, you can make your own up. And that's a stupid thing for them to get mad about."
    Really, thinking about it now, lots of things that were considering things to be mad about seemed ridiculous to get angry over now.

• Like x 1
  15. Tektite

"I guess! Uh...does just bouncing around a bit and rocking your body count as dancing, or does it have to be, like...more fancy and formal? I dunno a whole lot about dancing, sorry."

After all, Tektites weren't made for that kind of thing.

16. Smoke Pearl

"Hmm. Yeah, I would say that it counts!"
    This potential dance class was going to be so much fun.

• Like x 2
  17. Citrine

Citrine Young and Stupid

"Yeah, I can kinda do that bit-" Citrine demonstrated, bobbing her head to unheard music and rocking her body from side to side. "-But I feel like I need help really getting into the swing of it, you know? If nothing else, it'll probably be funny watching a Quartz try to dance like a Pearl!"

She grinned hopefully. "Does anyone have any good record-crystals with some good tunes? I wasn't allowed them when I was in the military - they said it encouraged unregistered fusions."

• Like x 2
  18. Smoke Pearl

"I don't know if we have any record-crystals, but there's probably some around here, somewhere. Once we find them, we can set up the class!"
    She smiled and said, "Shush you, your dancing will be beautiful."

• Like x 1
  19. Tektite

"Hang on a sec," Tektite interjected. "I think there might be something along those lines on my tablet."

She pulled a small device from her gem, which expanded to a slightly larger size with a wiggle of her fingers. A floating touchscreen tablet. She hovered it to face her gem, and it let out a soft beep.

Tektite had to admit, gem recognition software was pretty great.

She scrolled through her folders, before finding one simply labeled "MUSIC." Sure enough, it was filled with songs. Tektite smiled--she'd remembered to label her folders properly for once.

"The sound quality on this isn't great, but it should work! Got any requests?"

• Like x 1
  20. Smoke Pearl

"Maybe something a bit slower, so we don't start off going too fast for learning?"

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice