Escape From The Gingerbread Castle

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Aerian Zypher, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Barnaby Shaeffer

Barnaby Shaeffer A Good Boy

Barnaby looks momentarily bewildered as he scratches the scruff on his chin, but then he bursts into a smile. "Ah! A joke! I do like a good joke. Once me brother and I put me sister's Sunday dress on one of our ewes. It was a good chuckle, sheep in a dress was!" Then he plops his butt down quite suddenly on the floor. The way he sits up is uncannily canine. "S'alright about the chairs. I like the ground better anyway."

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • Like x 2
  2. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

"Oh my god, you are so cute. You're like a puppy. I am either going to marry you or eat you alive." Moth shakes his head in disbelief. "Okay, look, I don't have any idea how to get your family any help but you should hang around. You have 'Take Advantage Of Me' tattooed on your forehead. Just stick with me for a bit until someone competent comes along."

• Like x 2
  3. Barnaby Shaeffer

"Alright then!" He's practically wiggling with excitement now. He might not have found help yet, but he's making new friends! He's sure papa would be proud of him for that. Good Boys make lots of friends.

• Like x 4
  4. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Eva grins over Moth's shoulder, flashing teeth just a touch sharp for humans. Poor new pup still smells of too-big clumsy paws and milk-breath. He shouldn't be away from his pack.

"Aye, stick with us, laddie. How'd you lose your pack?"

{I'm down for resetting as an actual open RP elsewhere}

• Like x 1
  5. Barnaby Shaeffer

"Huh? Oh, a group of sheep is called a flock! Easy mistake for laypersons to make though. Some beasty's been pickin' 'em off!" In spite of his manners, Barnaby can not help showing his teeth in displeasure. He hopes his new friends don't take offense. "It's not a normal animal, either, I'm more that a match for most of the critters that come out of the woods."

• Like x 4
  6. Aerian Zypher

Aerian Zypher Drinker of Blood and Rainbows

Aerian looks over and stares at the weird young man sitting on the floor like a dog. Something's not quite right there... and then it clicks.
    Weird wet dog smell.
    Weird spider Bat-senses are screaming.
    They're fangy and loud and outsiders and definitely NOT other vampires and then the scruffy young man is sitting on the floor like a dog.

There be werewolves in this town!

He curses to himself in his own language, finishing his drink quickly. Well, if they haven't attacked him yet, it means they either simply haven't noticed him, or they don't give a hairy dog's ass. It's not worth it to take chances though, so once his drink is finished he stands up and heads for the stairs to retire to his rented room... he'll figure out what to do about being in woof territory the next night.
    Aerian glances around the room, and finds one problem; one very large problem. The stairway up to the rooms is right by the table with the three werewolves... avoiding them would maybe be too obvious... can't walk right by them, woofs have better smell senses than vamps do... There's not much room in the crowded bar though, so he's stuck making a casual beeline for the stairs, weaving easily through the crowd, and quickly making his way to the stairs, hoping he won't be noticed.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    • Like x 1
  7. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

The bouncy kid is beyond overjoyed to stick with Moth and his new drinking buddy, which is BEYOND adorable and strengthens Moth's conviction that little Barnaby needed protective allies more than he realized. Eva's comment about a missing pack probably should have thrown up more red flags, but the disembodied voices from earlier had seriously depleted his red flag stores. Eh, whatever. It's bar night! He's got two new audience members who have never heard a SINGLE one of his overplayed stand-up routines. Jackpot! He cracks his knuckles and mentally applies an alcohol bonus to his charisma stat.

"Hey, guys, let me tell you a story!"

• Like x 3
  8. Aviari

Eva perks up. If she'd been in fur, her tail would have been a blur.

"...Believe me it's true?" she sing-songs enticingly.

• Like x 1
  9. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

Moth grinned. Not what he was going for, but...
    "A tale you'd best hope never happens to you!"
    Hecate bless the Irish.

• Like x 2
  10. Aviari

"Ol' Spicy McHaggis, O he met his fate! You I can save, but for him it's too late!" she crows, and hauls herself on top of the bar.

She stands proudly, hand over her heart, and sings as only a wolf can.

"Spicy was big, burly and strong! His pipes were gigantic--"

• Like x 2
  11. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

"-- AND SO WAS HIS SCHLONG!" Moth leaps up from his seat on the bar, knocking over his drink. The dregs go flying.

"From city to city, running around,
    Always looking for girls over four hundred pounds!"

• Like x 4
  12. Aviari

She hooks Moth's elbow in hers, and they stomp out the beat of the jig on the scarred bar top, splashing through terrible spilled mead as they sing together:

"One night at the pub, a girl caught his eye!
    Big as a house, just the right size!
    The lass was enormous, stacked to the hilt,
    Spicy soon noticed a bulge in his kilt.
    The piper delivered his best pick-up line,
    And thought to himself,

'This lass is all mine!'
    The lovely young lady could stand for no more,
    She grabbed his cojones and went for the door!"​

She waves enthusiastically for the pup to join them, much to the dismay of the bartender and anyone trying to use the bar for its intended purpose.
    (@Lizardlicks)

• Like x 1
  13. Barnaby Shaeffer

Wow, his new friends are breaking into song now! Well, he doesn't know the words, and the lyrics are making him blush besides, but it still looks like fun. Barnaby neatly lays aside his crook staff before clamoring up onto the bar and pulling his pan pipes from his sachet. He lays into a tune that he hopes matches their melody (it's a bit hard to tell since the point of the song seems to be singing it as loudly a possibly over anything else).

• Like x 4
  14. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

As if this could get ANY better, Barnaby plays PIPES? Moth cackles and links his free arm through Barnaby's as the three of them dance through the next verse.

"SPICY! SPICY! SPICY! SPICY!" he hollers with Eva. They're both in their own keys, but who cares.

• Like x 1
  15. Eva O'Brien (RP)

Eva O'Brien (RP) Suddenly WolfMom

Eva ducks a wildly swung broom from the bartender, still chanting, and drops her shoulder, seizing Moth around the waist.

She heaves him up over her shoulder, grabs Barnaby's hand and leaps off the bar, landing with a thud perfectly on tempo before booking it for the door with Barnaby trailing like a leggy banner.

Just before they clear the exit, she turns back to the bar, knocking Moth's head and shoulders into another bar patron* in the process. She throws her head back, letting a little of her Voice creep into her song as she howls the last lines back at the irate crowd:

"Three packs a day, he'll smoke 'til he dies! Spicy McHaggis... One hell of a guuuuuuuy!"

And then the door is slammed in her face.

• Like x 2
  16. Barnaby Shaeffer

Barnaby has just enough sense about him despite the sudden exit to scoop up his staff along the way, but then he's suddenly laying on a pile of squishy, giggling bodies and the door to the tavern has been soundly slammed in his face. He sits on the path leading up to the door, and whines.

"Did. Did I do something bad?" He was supposed to find help for his families farm, but instead he caused a ruckus! Oh no, oooooh no, papa will be so disappointed in him, his first time out on his own he is being a Bad Boy. Baranby sniffs once, loudly.

• Like x 2
  17. Eva O'Brien (RP)

Eva O'Brien (RP) Suddenly WolfMom

Eva wriggles out from underneath Moth at the sudden miserable sounds, sitting up and leaning affectionately into him.

"Oh sweetheart, no! We were just having a bit of fun!" She scootches in close, shoving her head under his chin. Maybe a bit forward but he's just so damn sad, she can't stand it.

It's also considerably more canid-style affection than might be normal, which could be incredibly awkward if he's one of the bitten ones that doesn't know what he is yet. Stars, she hopes he's not the one eating his family's sheep unknowingly, it'd probably break his heart.

"It's not your or anyone's fault that those folks couldn't appreciate a good song and dance. 'Spicy' always gets the whole tavern going back home."

• Like x 1
  18. Salem

Salem What a kawaii

Moth springs up from the ground last, fuming.
    "What. The HELL! I was gonna bust out 'What's Left of the Flag!' I thought we at LEAST had time for one verse of 'South Australia' before we got busted. No one appreciates art anymore." He skipped over to the weirdly cuddly pair of new companions, elbowing his way between them and punching them both lightly in the shoulders. "That was awesome, though, Eva, way better than whatever I was gonna do." He turns to Barnaby. "I was half-kidding when I said it before, but now I'm totally gonna marry you."

• Like x 3
  19. Barnaby Shaeffer

"But... but," He rubs the corner of his eye with his palm, and leans into the weight against his side. His family was never much for physical affection save for a pat on the head, but he finds the near stranger's attempts comforting for some reason. He drops his chin on her head without thinking and whines again.

"Where else am I to go to find help?"

Barnaby blushes at the announcement. He tries to say something, but all that comes out is flustered noises.

"That- err- you could... umm. This is. Quite sudden!" How on earth will he explain any of this to his family?

• Like x 2
  20. Aviari

Oh that tears it. There goes every intention of playing the tough, amiable brawler until she knew these people were more than just casually friendly. To hellfire with it all.

She looks up enough to stare intensely, beseechingly at Moth. Who is basically a stranger. Who has clearly also been hit with a steam engine full of Oh my god, I have to help him or I will never forgive myself.

"Well, you've got us, don't you?" she says, pushing her head lightly against Barnaby.​

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice