Faila Ranae Role Play

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Sethrial MacCoill, May 20, 2016.

1. The room's not right. The light is wrong, it's not green enough. Something else about it doesn't add up, but with everything else going on in the room, it's impossible to know what. All I can figure out is that it's brimming with magic. Without moving, I glance around the room to see if there's anything worth taking. Nobody's used this room in years, and my money pouch is too light for comfort. Maybe some of the books will be worth a few shards.

Suddenly, the door slams shut. I whirl around to face it with a snarl and dart up to it so I can beat it with the pommel of my sword. If it doesn't open, I can always throw the big sword at it.

• Like x 1
  2. Victoria Rose

Victoria Rose Role-Player: Assassin/ warrior/ vampire

Looking around and seeing the dust and the difference in light and how big the building is on the inside, I start looking around where we are to see if I can find any traces of foot prints or fingerprints on anything when the door slams shut. Spinning around just as Orin goes running to the door. " Orin , as I can guess non of us shut the door and with the way this place is I don't think we are going to open it ourselves. Don't waste the energy. Either we will have to find another exit or complete some kind of task. I would suggest that we start listening stay as quiet as possible and keep our eyes open for anything."

I turn back around to continue my search in hopes of finding no signs of residence, although I have a feeling we are not going to get throw this with out a battle or 2.

" Hall of magic, dust covered books and tables , light difference for where we came in from. I got a strong feeling we are going to have to be on our toes here."

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  3. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

A bit of wood chips off where the metal struck it and the door stays firmly shut. It is two stories tall, as heavy as ten men, and has been standing unchanged since this hall was built. After a few seconds the chip of wood whizzes back into place and heals itself. The door creaks quietly, as if it is complaining about the lack of manners these days.

4. Sethrial MacCoill

I roll my eyes. The dust is untouched and there's not the faintest hint of a footprint to be seen. "There hasn't been a living creature in here for years. Calm down."

5. Victoria Rose

" I don't trust a place that is made or keep together with magic."
    I look back at orin still banging on the door and see it fix itself.
    "See what I mean, he is beating that think to death and it going back to the way it was like it hadn't been touched. "
    I take a breathe and remember where I am and what is here. I turn back around and go back to the nearest books.

6. "What in the world...."

The door is fixing itself after every dent I make. It angers me, and I pound on it a few more times with pressure that would ordinarily break weak armor.

"What the fuck?" I shout, turning to face the rest of the group. "Magic! What the hell!"

Fuming, I stomp away from the door and sit at one of the tables. There's a stack of books in front of me, which I stare at. They're bound in leather, some with metal hinges. I pull the top one off the stack and open it, staring at the mostly meaningless runes. I never actually went to school, so I can only make out the simple, three to five letter words. All I can decipher are a few plant and animal names, and the basic healing potion recipie on the page in front of me.

7. Sethrial MacCoill

"Yes," I deadpan. "Magic. In the Hall of Magics. What a concept. Who would have thought?" The door has completely healed itself from his pummeling and looks smug, if a door could have an expression. I try the handle and it comes open easily, and when I let it go again it snaps shut. "Shutting spell, probably to keep out bugs and such. This is a school, not a prison. It has no reason to trap us here." That was pretty funny, though. I've never seen someone get so mindlessly angry a an inanimate object. He may be a half-orc after all.

8. "Nobody said anything about the building being magic," I grumbled, flipping through the potions book. It was nothing I could use, but I put it into my bag anyway. I opened up the next one and couldn't make any sense of it, but examined the characters anyway. They were oddly curvy and seemed to be entirely made up of squiggles instead of proper lines.

9. Sethrial MacCoill

"I thought it went without saying." I get curious about what he's doing and look over his shoulder. "I didn't know you could read Elvish." Didn't know he could read at all, really. The half-orc is full of surprises. "Are you a potion maker?"

10. Victoria Rose

"Ovie let me handle the elvin books. I know that language well."

11. Sethrial MacCoill

I' lammen naa "elvish," il- "elvin," Elandili. Ar' ho essa naa Orin."

12. Victoria Rose

I take a breathe and calming myself and roll my eyes remembering what my father always told me "No matter where you are, always expect the unexpected and never underestimate a strange place." {Yeah dad this is a very strange place and even more so with all these magical things and books around makes me wonder why it was left the way it was, It does not make since. }

I start to move forward and look more into the area we are in for anything that could shine some light on this odd place.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  13. Captain Cuddles

Captain Cuddles New Member

I chuckle a little at what I just witnessed and continue to observe around. "Well hopefully the door isn't our only obstacle today. Books put me to sleep." I slowly start walking forward.

14. Both books are utterly useless to me, aside from potential profits. "I can't read Elvish," I grumbled, stuffing that book in my bag, too. Maybe Elvish would be worth more than ordinary runes. Restless, I abandon my chair and prowl into the maze of shelves, looking for anything shiny.

15. Kwon Quarrel

Kwon Quarrel New Member

A sound, or I think there was a sound. My eyes open, I think to myself, 'where am I ?' I try to moving find it difficult, my limbs feel stiff, and I realize that I am covered in a layer of dust, and my clothes seem to be full of moth holes that I don't remember being there. I start wiggling my furthest appendages to make sure everything is still working. Thankful it seems everything works well enough. It seems as though I have been sessile for quite sometime, and I don't very well remember how I got wherever it is I am. I see that I'm between to shelves filled with books, there are some skewed about on the ground. I use the shelving around me to wrench myself out of the position I was in. I look around now, I realize that I'm missing something but am not sure what at this moment. I hear voices and start making a slow and cautions progress towards them. I continue to think what is am I missing, what am I forgetting. All of a sudden I run into one of the bodies that probably was one source for the voices I had heard, It finally comes to me what I was missing. I blurt out, as way of greeting, to this now startled and aggressive looking patron, "Where is Woldo?"

16. Victoria Rose

"Who are you?" Looking at the dusty character who is now standing amoung our group. "And why are you........ nevermind, I think I know how you are covered in dust but what happened to you?

17. Sethrial MacCoill

"The hell's a Woldo?" I ask the dusty stranger. So it turns out there is something living here after all. This place gets more interesting by the minute! "And the hell are you?"

18. Victoria Rose

Looking over the stranger I determine that she is not sure what is going on or where she is. She seems ok as far as danger to us goes but there is a reason she is here and has been out cold for long enough to be dusty like that.

19. "Woldo?" It sounds like a nonsense word. The person's dusty. Actually, they might be dirtier than me, which is a feat because I couldn't remember my last bath. I didn't notice I'd raised my sword, but I'd come dangerously close to giving the stranger a haircut. I lowered my blade, "who are you?"

20. Kwon Quarrel

Kwon Quarrel New Member

Who am I an interesting thing to ponder, wait, I think that one wants your name, what is it again. . . "Kwon", I blurt suddenly. I noticed the one in front of me has naked steel in hand and back a way enough that they shouldn't be able to reach me with any sort of quick jab.The one's further away I continue to address while being wary of the one directly in front of me. "Yes, Woldo, about yeh high", I stand on my tip toes with my hand above my head to indicate it's height, "and has a large curved blade on one end and a spike on the other. It wasn't in the area that I woke up in, have any of you come upon it?" I ask the last bit with a hit of suspicion in my voice while simultaneously wondering if any of these people are the reason my weapon is missing or the reason behind my apparent long slumber.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice