Fallen London

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Socratease, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

Well, I already lost 60 levels of Watchful in one action, which should tell you something.

2. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Okay so I just started and haven't gotten very far but this game is REALLY FUN

• Like x 4
  3. Petra

Petra space case

I'm voting Sinning Jenny for mayor for sure. She's just... immediately the one my chaotic clever character would gravitate towards.

• Like x 2
  4. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

i really like sunless sea because i can pick it up and put it down but also play as long as i want, when i do want. fallen london's action/candle quota thing frustrated me, as i remember... is there a strategy to deal with it? check in once or twice a day? i mean i know you can subscribe for another candle but i'm not sure if it'd be worth it.

5. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

Yeah, I generally check in a couple times a day - in the morning, maybe at lunchtime, and in the evening. More if I'm excited about a thing, obviously (or trying to do Hallowmas, holy shit that was a thing), but just making it a gentle small thing helps. I find it good for like 'wow I really cannot do [task] any longer, I need a small break'.

• Like x 1
  6. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

So I picked up Sunless Sea during the sale and I'm having a blast with it. Even though I'm terrible at it and it's taken me a dozen deaths to start passing down decent lodgings. I'm loving this music as well.

I've played a little bit of Fallen London. I have to remember to keep checking back.

• Like x 1
  7. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

I have seduced an artist's model in order to be able to parley with the rats invading my lodgings

• Like x 2
  8. lupadracolis

lupadracolis [This space is intentionally left blank]

Dear thread, I had forgotten entirely that I used to play Fallen London until I found you. I rediscovered my account, but had literally no idea what I was doing or where I was in any of the storylines, and so have decided to abandon it and start again. I'm now Beque, a persuasive and shadowy individual of mysterious and indistinct gender, and I intend to send everyone who's shared their names in here a calling card, when I obtain the damn actions to do so.

• Like x 3
  9. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

I broke her heart apparently. I thought this was just a small dalliance. I am sorry. Come back. I had hoped to part on good terms. Also the negotiations with the rats have broke down. It is now war.

• Like x 3
  10. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

The rat war was fun.

Btw, I'm Malaloba on Fallen London. Will probably start another account with the name Mentarnes after posting this

11. lupadracolis

I parted on good terms with her. She'd been stealing from me, and thus broke my heart.

12. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I played years and years ago, but it's been so long I decided to wipe the slate and make a new character, who I named after myself since I didn't feel like playing as any of my OCs. You can find my character under M Rhys! Or if that's not how it works, my account name is mercurialMalcontent because of course it is. I'll send out calling cards when I have the chance.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    • Like x 3
  13. lupadracolis

I read your name as "memories" and am left wondering if this was coincidental or by design on your part.

14. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Coincidental! Those're my real (although not yet legal) first and second names. (Three guesses what M stands for and the first two don't count.)

I never noticed that before and now I'm really pleased at that happy accident. :3

• Like x 2
  15. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

16. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

So apparently I now run The Hesperidean Harmonograph.

(It's a newspaper. You can get the chance to run a newspaper if you're a POSI.)

• Like x 1
  17. Spooky Mulder

Spooky Mulder Quiet places are good places

I adore Fallen London!
    I am Michael Conlain in it. An inescapable, sagacious, and sinister gentleman.
    I'm generally a shadowy and watchful character when playing. Sometimes persuasive. Often hedonistic. Quite subtle

18. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Sending someone a box of rats is a good way to express a desire to be friends right?

19. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

It's my usual dating strategy, which has got me on the Post Office no-fly list.

• Like x 4
  20. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

I dropped off playing a while back. This thread makes me want to get back into it, but I'm not sure--should I start fresh or keep going with my old account?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice