Fallen London

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Socratease, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Holy shit how did I miss this?

I got zubmariner for self-care shit last night and holy shit pretty. I've mostly just been putting an ice pack under my laptop for the overheating :V
    I also got started up in Fallen London after dicking around with sunless sea for a bit to get more of that delicious delicious lore.

I'm currently grinding supplies for a probably earlier than intended run on the Cave of the Nadir and ass deep in eyeless skulls.

• Like x 3
  2. Wiwaxia

Nothing Of Consequence below the zee... except, you know. Station VI. Naughty, naughty, Admiralty. (although i doubt the flukes will be complaining about that one)

You gotta wonder what happened to Stations I and II. (although given the Admiralty's track record, they probably each got tangled with yet another faction of eldritch bullshit they couldn't handle. who even is left that hasn't fucked with a Station already? The Drowned Man and Storm? And Stone I guess but that doesn't seem really her style)

edit. can't believe i forgot the fingerkings

edit edit. new headcanon until proven otherwise: the chapel of lights used to be Station II

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    • Like x 3
  3. Wiwaxia

Also in Zubmariner there's Neathbow color bubbles on the zeefloor sometimes. So far I've run across viric, violant and irrigo (which is exactly as awful as it sounds). I dunno if the other four are implemented and I just haven't found any or not.

4. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Aren't the salt lions Station II? Or maybe the Grand Geode? It's been a while since I've played that bit though so I'm not sure.

5. Wiwaxia

Salt Lions are IV and Grand Geode is V

6. Wiwaxia

Well everyone's favorite evil orrery has apparently gotten itself some flukes.
    This is fine.

7. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Screenshot 2016-10-13 01.20.55.png
    That thing has 750 hp. I live in this port now it can have the rest of the world.

• Like x 2
  8. Wiwaxia

I HATE THOSE FUCKING THINGS
    they also ram for 40 damage and shoot shit for 20-30 odd
    they don't show up on the radar either. as far as I can tell they show up if you attack a Triskelegant, but I'm not sure about that
    I haven't been able to kill one yet, unlike I think every other enemy in the game. Literally Worse Than Mount Nomad.

9. Wiwaxia

also that fuCKING SCUTTERING NOISE THEY MAKE
    and i'm pretty sure they automatically cue the anxiety-in-auditory-form terror music if you get too close

10. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

It just appeared behind me wtf

11. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

Guys. Guys. Something definitely just happened to my captain.

So I have this rendezvous in Hunter's Keep, to bring a client a thing. I get to Hunter's Keep. It burned down like a year ago for this captain, so I'm a bit sad. I meet the client, I give them their thing. I go to Keep again, to look around poignantly or something like that.

I see this: "Luncheon with the sisters: Cynthia".

What the fuck. Cynthia, you're dead. Cynthia, your sister presumably burned you with the house, I couldn't save any of you, not even her. You're dead, Cynthia, what is even happening here. Ghosts? They're not even a thing in this world, you're either a Drownie, permadead or coming back soon, aren't you?

I select it anyway, because yolo. It's a completely normal lunch with Cynthia: the picture is of the illuminated house, she tells me a story about murder, I get Salt's Attention (or I would, I already have it). After that, the house is back to burnt-out shell. No sign of Cynthia, nothing.

I'm a little rattled, but go back to London. Everything is normal. Then I remember that Cynthia's god is Salt. Salt. The nameless god of farewells.

That sure was a farewell, I guess.

(I'm inclined to believe it was a glitch, because there were no unusual requirements for that option, but - oh my gods, it's a real-life zee-ztory right here.)

• Like x 5
  12. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

So far its popping up after some messages about something following me. Except when I leave the Gant Pole with meat, then it just fucking appears and murders my face with no warning

13. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

• Like x 2
  14. Wiwaxia

So I found the Nadir and got like 600 echoes from spare skulls and relics and I'm trying to decide if I should blow it on a nice top tier stat-boosting article of clothing or save it. Advice?

15. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I have died twice in Sunless Sea. I really have no idea what I should even do really. how do i make money christ on a cracker. Some fucking asshole shot me and killed me on my way back to London from the Iron wtf. Crabs destroyed most of the ship and killed all but one of my crew members. Said crew member screeched about something being bad luck before the end. My ferret scared me. everyone was scared.

16. Aondeug

Mr. Bandages had a longer run than Aondeugs 1 and 2. Also she was assaulted by fucking bats and I couldn't hit the little bastards so she died near Venderbelt or whatever it is called. THE NOT DEAD PEOPLE PLACE. Poor Mr. Bandages.

17. Wiwaxia

Holy shit, i'm spying on bats and cats to make my shadowy name and apparently "if i fits i sits" is the best way to catch and interview spy cats.

Also @Aondeug I can probably put together some quick sunless sea tips if you want?

• Like x 1
  18. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

19. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

Nah, canonically sunless coffee is the hottest Neath commodity on the Surface.

20. Aondeug

Tips would be appreciated, yes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice