Fancy Teas, Coffees and Beverages

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Aviari, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I can't stand most black teas without sugar. everything else is fine for me, though. Except rooibos, but I'm mildly allergic to that anyway so I never drink it.

2. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  3. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Very cool, but holy wow that price. Maybe if I were furnishing a café or something...

• Agree x 3
  4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

i recently discovered coffee was probably not giving me anxiety upticks, they just coincided with drinking coffee because i was having lots of anxiety.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. Squid

Squid *contents may vary*

So my partner took me to high tea for Valentine's day two years ago and I had tea that was so good I went back and bought like a pound of it.

It's called marzipan tea and it's black tea with almonds and amaretto and it's so good you guys! I'm not even a huge tea drinker. I can only drink black teas with milk and sugar and barley tea. But this tea is sooo good.

On the other hand my partner got the bubble gum tea which was bright blue (or pink I can't quite remember). Their defense was "I'm English. I drink enough proper tea that I can get away with drinking candy occasionally."

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

There used to be marzipan tea at the grocery store, i haven´t checked for it in ages. I should.

• Agree x 2
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Fucking bubblegum tea sounds so good, holy shit

• Agree x 1
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I got something like it! My mom ordered teas and was given a sample for a type called Lemon Mojito. It tastes like lemon flavour bubble gum

• Like x 1
  9. Squid

I know that David's Tea has one with candy in it but I don't remember if it was good or not.

10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I must Find Some

11. syntheme

syntheme Active Member

Who else here likes cold brew coffee?

• Agree x 2
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I have never had any

• Agree x 1
  13. One time I had cold brew coffee from Starbucks and my heart was beating way too fast afterward. Not a good idea, not for me anyway.

• Witnessed x 1
  14. Squid

I like cold brew if it's done well. If it's not it's too bitter.

I like the Starbucks nitro cold brew because it's got this creamy mouth feel and I'm a sucker for foods with interesting textures.

15. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I keep wanting to try nitro cold brew coffee but no one nearby does it. I almost want to sell my own so that I can justify buying the equipment to make it.

• Witnessed x 3
  16. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Challenge: favorite type of tea from each of your favorite brands. Ditto if coffee.

Teasource, Iron Goddess of Mercy or Witch’s Broom.

Tazo, Zen.

Bigelow, classic Earl Grey.

Celestial Seasonings, Lemon Fucking Zinger. Also their basic mint.

Turns out a lot of these have as much memory in them as taste....naturally I’ve tried a lot of other brands but this is what sticks in the mind without searching

17. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Raspberry Zinger is pretty damn good too.

• Agree x 1
  18. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Raspberry Zinger is delicious. My preference falls to lemon because lemon is my favorite flavor.

Celestial Seasonings was the tea I started drinking as a baby before I could stomach bitter tea... that’s why it comes to mind so fast. I’ve probably tried everything they’ve made and it’s all just yum.

19. Twinings- Irish breakfast. English breakfast and lady grey are good too. I’m also fond of Yorkshire Tea now that I’ve tried it.

20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

For teasource I love the Minnesota n'ice tea best, though oddly i prefer it brewed hot.

[Edit:] Added a link to the tea.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice