Fancy Teas, Coffees and Beverages

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Aviari, Aug 29, 2015.

1. shmeed

shmeed plant me

i got a big old delivery from adagio (i know the ceo is a scumbag but they offered me some free doctor who tea and i got sucked in)

the spiced yerba mate is really nice. tasty and feels like a treat but enough like coffee that i dont feel like i have to dole it out painstakingly. also the leaves smell like bubblegum which is odd. great taste though. like cinnamon and herbs and tea with the bitter little nip of caffeine
    honeybush pumpkin spice is REALLY GOOD like wow with some sugar and milk. feels too decadent to drink more than a cup a day. really tasty and special. mmm.

their Irish breakfast is very very good too. and it's surprisingly cheap. all the irish breakfast I've seen around here is painfully overpriced. adagio's bulk size is $0.10 a cup which is about half the going rates I see. really good taste too and nice caffeine content

(anyone else have the problem where u want fancy tea but then feel bad about actually drinking it)

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  2. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

I have a tea and coffee (and honey) problem, but all of my teas got left in Virginia, and I only brought one bag of coffee with me.

If you like coffee, I really like Mayorga. Their cafe cubano is the one I have right now, and it's very smooth and rich. https://mayorgaorganics.com/

and they're starting a honey line oh nooooooo

• Witnessed x 1
  3. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

so i taught myself to like coffee, at least a bit anyway, mostly because i felt like it. but i don't have much caffeine tolerance and therefore need to drink mostly decaf or i'll never sleep again.
    is there some reason you cannot find interestingly flavoured brews in decaf, or am i just looking in the wrong places? seems like you get the fancy kinds lined up and then there's decaf at the end as an afterthought for Improper Coffee Drinkers

• Agree x 1
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i don't know know, but i'd reckon it's possible some of the process of decaf'ing fucks with the flavor in a way that makes it either impossible or really hard to have the fancy flavor profiles stay intact?

5. TwoBrokenMirrors

that sounds depressingly likely tbqh

• Witnessed x 2
  6. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

*whispers* coffee syrups

• Agree x 4
  7. TwoBrokenMirrors

it is a testament to how new i am to coffee drinking that i didn't think of that. thank u

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i've got a keurig machine and quite a lot of the coffee pods come in decaf too.

• Informative x 1
  9. Had some earl grey/lavender tea from Revolution Tea this morning. not bad! nice and subtle, usually the bergamot in earl grey is too strong for me.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. Does anyone know if the Starbucks blonde coffee is any good? Inquiring minds who don’t like Starbucks want to know.

11. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

It's a high acidity coffee with a light body; doesn't really linger on the tongue. I don't care for it, but my dad likes it.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice