Fandom Gripes Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by keltena, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

this is why i stick to dead fandoms or small fandoms

• Agree x 1
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

"x fandom was a mistake" posts was a mistake

• Agree x 15
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

I would be really into Bakudeku if more people portrayed it as the mess it is, past abuse and weird codependency all accounted for.

What I get is people portraying it as fluffy in a way that personally twinges me bad or talking about how it's impossible to ship. Most shippers are very anti-Bakugou abused anyone and its disappointing because I want to find good material I personally like! But the fandom space is really bad.

It's so prime for darkfic and unhealthy explorations but instead the fandom is 'nothing bad ever happened between them ever and anyway it's deku's fault really if you think about it'. It's disappointing.

• Witnessed x 10
    • Agree x 2
  4. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

ohhh my god, yeah. i just recently got into bnha, but for months now i’ve seen people in tags talking about how dave/karkat is 1:1 bakudeku

i thought it was bs before i watched but now i’m absolutely sure. like! bakugou and izuku have a really interesting dynamic! but that dynamic isn’t fluffy, and it’s definitely not just cutesy banter. and seeing people talk about how bakugou didn’t really mean it so it’s fine or whatever...feels bad todd.

• Agree x 4
  5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

You can not mean a lot of shit and still be absolutely fucking monstrous to someone. Look at my mother.

• Agree x 6
  6. Birdy

Birdy so long

I feel the same way about SNS (Naruto/Sasuke) honestly lol. "Rivalry" ships are usually horrible disaster pairings, not cute fluffy pairings, but since they're the main...er, flagship in most shounen fandoms, people who want cute fluff end up shoehorning the rival characters into that dynamic even if it doesn't...really...work...

• Agree x 6
  7. unknownanonymous

goddammit, rvb fandom, the reds and blues are not a family with kids and parents and uncles and aunts and sisters and brothers. they are a found family, yes, but they are all adults and most of the people in there don't have family relationships with the other people in there. (church and carolina, and kaikaina grif and dexter grif are the only exceptions to this.)

and relatedly, sarge would be a shitty father for literally every single one of the reds and blues. like, come the fuck on, fandom, have you seen how he actually behaves towards them, particularly grif?

what the fuck even is the appeal to this headcanon and/or take on their dynamic?

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 2
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm not sure if there's actually been an uptick in that particular bad take in fandom overall or if it's just confirmation bias on my part, but it sure feels like I've seen a lot of that sort of thing in a number of fandoms lately.

• Agree x 7
  9. unknownanonymous

yeah, this particular kind of infantilization thing is definitely a recent trend that i don't really remember from 2000s fandom, and it annoys me so much.

like, why the fuck can't people let adult people stay adults with adult relationships to each other? why do they have to do this shit?

the answer is likely antis, alas...

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. unknownanonymous

someone in the new rvb discord is asking people to compliment their fucking rabiosexual icon and they should stop it

it is a bad fucking icon, and the bad fucking concept!

• Witnessed x 6
  11. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

The bnha fandom is so fucking WEIRD
    Why do you want to murder the author???? Why are you censoring even the normal, not awful outfits? Why only villain deku aus???

• Witnessed x 7
    • Agree x 2
  12. garden

garden lucid dreamer

@emythos i've gotten into bnha only recently and so over the last few weeks i've been doing my very first trawl through the bnha tag on ao3 sorted by kudos, and. there are a LOT of villain deku AUs. and i mean some of them i am definitely down to read but?? it does seem surprisingly popular d:

13. emythos

I think it's cuz it's the only darkfic that no one bitches about
    I wanna see more variety in the villain aus damn it

• Agree x 3
  14. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Villain Dekus and chatfics, as far as the eye can see.

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. garden

garden lucid dreamer

right?? i think i've seen a whole TWO villain aus where someone other than deku was a villain. (now that i think about it, in one of them deku was a villain, he just wasn't the only one.)

16. emythos

Yeah, oh my god
    Its really bizarre

• Agree x 1
  17. unknownanonymous

someone just made a post about how carolina not swearing makes her a good mom to the reds and blues, and just, fuck... they are all adults and they all know how to say "fuck"!

the reds and blues don't need a mom, goddammit, and they don't need to have the word "fuck" censored for them!

what the fuck even rvb fandom

• Agree x 6
    • Witnessed x 3
  18. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Also, how does "doesn't swear" inherently translate to "good mom," anyway? I mean...my mom swears like a sailor and she's a fantastic mom.

Either way, what the fuck they're all adults anyway

• Agree x 10
  19. unknownanonymous

what the fuck indeed

the red vs. blue fandom has a weird obsession with making the adult sim troopers into the kids of the freelancers they are allied with, and it is just... why

none of them are children! and it's not cute to treat them like children!

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 2
  20. garden

garden lucid dreamer

...what kind of person watches RED VS BLUE of all shows and cares about whether characters curse??? this may not be the show for you, random tumblr user

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice