Fandom Gripes Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by keltena, Feb 6, 2017.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Unpopular Homestuck opinion: if being locked in the fridge is Gamzee's punishment for murdering Equius and Nepeta, Terezi and John belong in there too, because with retcon powers they could easily have gone back a couple hours further and prevented both those murders and the deaths of Feferi and Eridan happening in the first place.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  2. Birdy

Birdy so long

I’m kind of not happy that tieflings are the Designated Thot Race in dnd fandom

like, looking at their art in the corebook I guess that was never not the intention, but idk. I’m kind of interested in the whole infernal heritage thing, in the fact that they’re people who aren’t really “supposed” to exist

when I was 15 and emo, my second ever dnd character was a tiefling - she had the horns and all, and a mouthful of fangs she could barely talk through, and these goofy, featherless chicken wings on her back, to play up the fact that human blood and demon don’t mix that great. and she had to live with her existence being a wrongness in the world, that she was a child of an evil that she could never right. (I was fifteen. You Know How It Is.)

I know that’s Big Edgy, and tieflings are also kind of the edgy race but their whole existence is such a deep vein for complex characters, and it’s kind of sad for me that people seem to boil it down to “hhh demon Sexy”. I mean, I agree, I totally sympathize with “hhh demon Sexy” but I guess I just don’t wanna be thought of as horny on main for thinking tieflings make interesting characters

• Agree x 6
    • Witnessed x 5
    • Like x 2
  3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Oh. This is a thing. That I feel. I like me some sexy AESTHETIC tieflings myself, but I have to say actually playing with the whole infernal heritage thing can be fun? Like a DnD au I kind of worked on a bit for Kencyrath where the twins had like...two entirely different fucking approaches to dealing with the shit. I never worked on it too much beyond figuring out some basics of their thoughts on that whole situation and how the au could mirror like Jame's canonical arc and how it would differ in places due to the tiefling thing being different from her canonical thing but like...Those are neat and interesting things to consider. Someone who ends up refusing to feel guilty over existing and who refuses to be boxed into being EVIL and their conflicts with their sibling who just...can't...do. That.

Though my issue with some of the things I've seen has been more...how judgey people can get about it? Things like people talking about how fucking BORING it is to keep the canonically treated like dirt thing in tact and what not. And how it's totally more interesting for all of them ever to be bisexual drama queens.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
  4. knifecentipede

knifecentipede guillotine-chan

offtopic but that sounds interesting and fun! :O

5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

MAN this is petty but: DBH fandom has this weird tendency to make uwu smol soft child uwu Connor a big thing, especially in comparison to RK900, and sometimes I wanna look at Connor/Hank art that isn't trying to present Connor as like. Twelve.

He can murder other androids in cold blood depending on your choices and he's a pigheaded motherfucker when he wants to be, Let Connor Be An Aggro Stubborn Twenty-Something 2k18.

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. knifecentipede

YO IT'S TRUE hes kind of a cold mf in the entire game not just the machine route
    I like moe Connor as a sex thing cus im nasty. or when it really fits (in @happyniceness' art I think he is Small? like not specifically a child but Small, true to his appearance)
    but in general thats so unnecessary

shout out to that one time an anti from my old fandoms got into DBH and immediately it turns out she's super for "Hank is father figure, not for lewd" AND posting comics where Con acts unreasonably young about that and im like
    DcVW7XsV4AEpMHC.png

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 3
  7. knifecentipede

whomstever the fuck: yall pathetic piece of shit bitch loser cowards!!!!! waifus are CANCELLED!!!!!!! the only valid monster girls have massive muscles and scars all over and crude chompers and bloodshot eyes and

me, known monsterfucker: already asleep

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 3
  8. knifecentipede

idk I'm not pressed bc some online teen just cancelled me but like you really gonna build a superiority complex on that? legit thinking you're super tasteful and progressive and groundbreaking bc you're horny for these specific 2D girls only is so funny. these people can't be not weird and judgy about others' sexualities for a second I stg. boasting that on tumblr of all places too, that's SO preaching to the choir. idk why everyone still goes OMG TEA YASS QUEEN SLAY over that shit, it's nearly 2019. shut the fuck up

• Agree x 4
  9. Aondeug

we are all shallow horny bitches in some sort of weird shallow horny bitch off. whose kink is the most hashtag progressive this week. vote now on your phones.

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 2
  10. knifecentipede

every time
    Dp2COV0V4AAM2x1.jpg

• Agree x 2
  11. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

The one that manages to masquerade best as not being kinky at all, as usual.

yknow with the whole tagging stuff... do these children think that because they did not tag it as a thing it is not the thing? so if they say its not a kink its not a kink even though it absolutely is but kink is evul.

on the other hand the pomegranate/tag your gore thing.

am i conflating two groups here, or was there a shift.

• Witnessed x 2
  12. knifecentipede

shout out to uwu aesthetics / fiction is reality / you're a pedo if you like anything %bloggername who used to be obsessed with how bad bronies are for kids but literally had an easily accessible MLP shota guro sideblog because something something trauma

• Witnessed x 6
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

From what I remember hearing from former antis, that is extremely common.

• Agree x 2
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The fact that Homestuck canon itself can't decide if kismesissitude is "being mildly irritated by someone" or "literally ripping their arms off".

• Agree x 3
  15. Aondeug

too much sakuya grows old and dies art out there. too much.

i like it too even if it isn't canonically viable at all but.

holy shit. is there too much of that shit in sakuremi stuff.

16. Aondeug

lolicon sakuya is also a really boring fucking joke. up there with PADs.

• Agree x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Me: "Okay, it's heavily implied Elwurd isn't the character's real name. Trolls don't have words for homosexuality, according to Karkat, so she wouldn't pick it based on that, wonder why she did."
    Other people: "but it's obviously a reference to lesbians!!!!!"
    Me: "... Yes. The WRITERS and the READERS know that. THE CHARACTER HERSELF WOULD NOT."

• Witnessed x 3
  18. knifecentipede

Screenshot_2018-12-14-01-19-02~01~01.png
    no you both just suck at characterization and push that on other people

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    • Witnessed x 2
  19. knifecentipede

there is only two genders: cardboard macho and cardboard moeblob

• Witnessed x 8
    • Informative x 5
    • Agree x 1
  20. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

I hate that, right now, I use Twitter more than any other site to find new fanart within my fandoms. No one on that godforsaken site............

Tags their art.............

With anything..........ever...........not the name of the series.......not the name of the character..........not a single tag....................

How am I supposed to find their art then.....................................

• Witnessed x 14
    • Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice