Fandom Gripes Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by keltena, Feb 6, 2017.

1. KingdomByTheSea

KingdomByTheSea Well-Known Member

@tinyhydra Lol I literally just saw one of the posts you're talking about and...why is this fandom so bad?

• Like x 1
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I didn't like the "roguish dominant seme/virginal submissive uke" dynamic when Aziraphale was assumed to be the uwu pure one, and I really don't like it now that the Good Omens fandom has decided that putting Crowley in that role is subversive and salacious rather than just kind of tired and played out at this point.

Please Just Let The 6000 Year Old Celestial Beings Know What Sex Is

• Agree x 10
    • Witnessed x 5
  3. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I would believe it immediately if someone told me that they haven’t got round to trying it for 6000 years because you know how it is. You put it off and then a crusade happens and next thing you know it’s the apocalypse. When it comes down to it, it turns out your most immediate regrets revolve around your Netflix queue. And with Netflix went your chill.

• Winner x 3
  4. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I mean if it's both of them being idiot virgins, sure, but Aziraphale Is A Sex God while Crowley Doesn't Know What A Penis Looks Like is pretty much the most boring inversion of Crowley The Literal Incubus and Aziraphale The Saint Of Blue Balls there is.

Either they both fuck or neither of them do! You can't sell me on the bizarro land Christian Grey/Anastasia Steele scenarios that get adapted onto them for some reason!

• Agree x 11
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. Verily

50 shades of what the everloving fuck

• Agree x 8
    • Winner x 2
  6. Verily

That sounds about as sexy and effective as ordering a cat to assemble IKEA.

• Winner x 5
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

even if by some chance one of them fucked and the other didn’t, I refuse to believe that they would be all seme-uke about it. Crowley doesn’t collect books either, but he’s not overcome with a case of the intellectual vapors or whatever every time Aziraphale reads something out loud. i’m sure they have different tea preferences. maybe one of them likes sauerkraut and the other hates it. it’s just another human thing to potentially enjoy!

• Agree x 8
  8. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

god it's so annoying. there are more sex dynamics than Blushing Innocent Uwu and Sexhaver McOrgasms. and nearly all of them are more interesting.

• Agree x 14
  9. Verily

Yeah like, I could imagine them agreeing to mutually try a thing because it has more palatable instructions about what exactly you’re supposed to achieve, or Crowley enjoying being pandered to because he likes the idea of being a hedonist, or Aziraphale going along with something about tempting an angel into initiating certain deeds because he gets to propose things he enjoys and it makes Crowley happy, which probably looks almost identical to smug if you don’t know him really well. And I’m sure it also makes him smug but that’s okay.

I cannot imagine either of them being overwhelmed by the power of amazing sex skills. Like surely beings who have experienced heaven and/or hell as well as all of history can think of at least a couple things more compelling than sex.

• Agree x 7
  10. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

20190815_155526.png
    Im sorry I know this is just trying to be a fun meme but oh my god is this the dumbest goddamn post

• Witnessed x 7
  11. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

Because the system of Rose Brides and Duelists is very very bad (and honestly like, a metaphor for gender roles anyway), or because most Rose Bride/Duelist match ups are straight?

• Agree x 4
  12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

It's not even, like, a remotely subtle metaphor.

• Agree x 4
  13. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Lays in bed staring at the ceiling thinking about vehement ZADR antis, and just Zim antis in general

Like do they like Prof membrane/Zim then? I know thats a thing. Like, isn't it the same level of weird.

Hrm

• Agree x 6
  14. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

Antis trying to figure out the most Realistic Healthy Way to pair up human characters with aliens is honestly the funniest shit to me. Especially when the series makes it clear that they have no intention of establishing Rules about their alien species, and are just using "alien" to mean "whatever's most funny in the given context". Shipping Professor Membrane with his son's green school friend just to avoid shipping ZADR is genuinely the most

[​IMG]

Like...congratulation...

• Agree x 11
    • Like x 1
  15. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

homestuck fandom drama on twitter and im like oh boy.
    idk why folk have to be so mean/aggressive over HCs and characters like. hmrgh.

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 3
  16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

The Critical Role fandom can be pretty dramatic sometimes.

So, CR kickstarted an animated adaptation of a bit of their Vox Machina campaign a while back, and it blew up, so they got the cash to make like 6 episodes of a series instead of a little animated special. And now they've announced that Amazon has picked them up for two seasons, so 24 total episodes. Kickstarter backers get the first season without paying Amazon, but the second season is gonna be behind a paywall. And people are pretty upset. Some people apparently expected the cartoon to be up on, like, Youtube for free, and are cross that they'll have to pay for it. And others are mad that they're associating with Amazon. Which is a wild thing to be upset about, considering Critical Role is a show that streams on Twitch.

I dunno, man, I'm just a little tired.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Witnessed x 9
    • Agree x 1
  17. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

person: haha EW no one ships [thing] like THAT!!! thats nasty and gross and WRONG!!
    me, who ships [thing] like that: OK

• Witnessed x 7
    • Agree x 6
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

antis spending all their time and energy trying to control people they don’t like:
    [​IMG]
    everyone else, living life to the fullest, having a good time:
    [​IMG]

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 1
  19. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I remain, as always, incredibly tired of people ranting about redemption arcs who apparently have never seen a redemption arc in their life and have some bizarre internal definition of the phrase that appears to include Zuko and literally no one else. And if they say anything more about him than a name-drop it's usually describing some bizarro-world Zuko where >60% of his screentime didn't happen.

I'm so sorry, Zuko, you deserve so much better.

• Agree x 12
  20. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I'm always so baffled by the "zuko is the only valid redemption" stuff because you know that these people would hate him if avatar was airing today

• Agree x 15
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice