Fandom Gripes Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by keltena, Feb 6, 2017.

1. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

That would have solved a lot of problems. A bit of an extreme first move, though.

• Agree x 5
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Plus if that had happened they'd have declared Dumbledore evil for that. And quite often patients came out fairly compos mentis so he could still have become Voldemort, just with memory fuckups or incontinence or something.

• Agree x 3
  3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

AU where Voldemort just shits all over the place constantly

4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

According to JKR wizards used to just do that, so he's just a traditionalist.

• Agree x 7
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Let me rephrase then: he just shits all over the place constantly and refuses to magic it away.

• Winner x 4
  6. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Tbh my feelings about Dumbledore are like... he's a fuck up, but isn't that part of what makes him fun? I wish more people playfully played with that more.

• Agree x 6
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

This is the specific thread which annoyed me. I'm kind of used to haters assuming Dumbledore was pulling the strings at the Ministry and/or forgetting that Tom was a creepy little monster long before Dumbledore even met him, but the psychiatry thing requires such a total ignorance of history (and, in fact, current mental health care standards and capabilities - even the docs who want to help are still basically flailing about in there with a wrench) that I was shocked.

• Informative x 2
  8. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

boy... the infinity train shit really bothers me, i have to say

like, the crew saying 'we never wrote any neurodivergent characters on purpose'

when one of the writers saying simon had npd and that's why he had to die before happened (which also strikes me as super funny to say about a character whose like 'yes ma'am' for most of his arc @ someone else/aka the actual cult leader. like, heck, you could write REAL reasons for simon to be unlikeable but saying he always has to think he's right is super funny when grace is the more key character for who that's a flaw and the story goes to show that despite that flaw she can work to improve herself.

but anyway, and then that same writer walks back that statement today and is like 'oh that's just 'headcanon''

though to be frank, when a writer writes with that interp in mind, i genuinely also wonder at what point the two are enmeshed in the lore. it's a tough line.

• Witnessed x 7
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Geez, that's a dick thing to say! Sorry you had to hear/read that.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

This is entirely a personal gripe, but I feel like Italian-American-Humanstuck or just -naturally-accented Cronus Ampora ruins the canon joke that he actually doesn't naturally fit any greaser tropes and is forcing it.

• Agree x 5
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Not really a gripe, but I'm completely puzzled as to why there's so much foot fetish art for Angel Dust, a character who doesn't appear to have feet.

• Witnessed x 1
  12. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

The one from Hazbin Hotel? That's probably a combination of him being Deliberate Fetish Fuel in a variety of ways and also there being a relatively high concentration of foot fetishists in the furry fandom (which is absolutely being catered to by Hazbin Hotel too.)

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

14. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I mean
    Those are lil pawsies. I'm 100% unsurprised there's foot fetish Art of any sort of the pawsies.

15. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Honestly one should never be surprised at foot art. It's a very common fetish and there's enough variants of it and dimensions to it that everything you can think of can and will get fetish art foot wise. And the furry fandom is more than fine with taking creative license with designs as need be. I mean look what we do to Renamon.

• Agree x 4
  16. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I mean, what his feet should or should not look like, mans is wearing stripper heels in all of his appearances, so... We don't actually know what his feet look like! Personally, I like him with hooves, because I think everyone should have hooves. Even when they don't make sense.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  17. Dear Miraculous Ladybug Fandom, please stop arguing over whether sentimonsters are human unless you are actually getting into fun worldbuilding questions about, like, what is going on with them on the cellular level. (Do they have cells or are their bodies made of pure magic that takes care of digestion/respiration/etc? Do they have normal cellular processes? Do they have DNA? Is it typical for whatever species they resemble is or is it unique to sentimonsters? Is it related to the DNA of the person who created them?)

The word I'm pretty sure you want to be using in >90% of this discourse is "person". And fun fact! The show has multiple nonhuman people (Markov, the Kwami) and the NY special has a human-shaped nonhuman person (Uncanny Valley, who is an android).

• Witnessed x 9
    • Agree x 2
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

So someone offered to buy a commission off me, and now they're refusing to tell me what the idea they want me to write is. I asked them to tell me, and they asked me what I'd be willing to write, which is... an incredibly broad question, and a lot of things are on a case-by-case basis, so this is barely up from "i dunno what do you wanna write". I told them that and they still won't tell me what their idea actually is.

• Witnessed x 4
  19. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

I'd say 'take their money and write whatever the hell you want' - there's a decent chance that's what they actually want - except I know how hard it can be to do that on demand in the first place...

20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I would if they'd given me money, but they haven't done that either.

• Witnessed x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice