Fanfic recs

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by swirlingflight, May 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Oooh, Labyrinth fic, shiny! Also wow, high praise, now I have to read it.

• Agree x 1
  2. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Comments like yours just leave me in a state of ':D :D :D they liked it so happy eeeee'. Even when they're from Flowey.

• Like x 2
  3. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

This fic has some cool Kravitz & the Raven Queen mechanics. I mean everything else about it is pretty great too, but that is what's currently making me !!!!!!!!!

A-hem: The Meaning of Life by Evitcani

4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

5. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

@tinyhydra For a second I thought I was in the fanfic gripes thread and I clicked this and I was like 'wait what's up this is really good'. Good rec

• Like x 1
  6. shmeed

shmeed plant me

does anyone have amedot recs? anything, i hunger

• Agree x 1
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

It Was An Accident is really cute and heartbreaking, I highly recommend that one! It was written in I think either very late season 2 or very early season 3, so it's a bit dated in some ways, but on the whole it's still excellent, and the characterization is fantastic.

• Like x 1
  8. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

There was a question in the Fanfic Gripes thread about weird crossovers that work. I am here to deliver!
    ETA two fics that don't fit the category of weirdest but are still pretty odd and also worth reading:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  10. Jean

D.S.S. Requirement by esama

• Agree x 2
  11. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I've been looking for some new Homestuck fic lately, and I feel like I've exhausted everything in the Roach-uA-JackTrash-Coldhope area of effect (including most of the stuff in their Bookmarks, where applicable). I've also read Distrait Life of Mistakes and everything in temporalDecay's section, too. Does anyone else have any good troll-centric (I'll take cherub-centric, too, there's not enough xeno out there for our Calliope) stuff, preferably hot and worldbuilding-y? Hiveswap-fic, even?

Anything would be good, I feel like I've read a lot and trawling through the massive HS section on AO3 is exhausting.

12. Jean

I recommend Asuka Kureru's Covalent Bonds series for troll-centric worldbuilding-y fics and Sunlightverse for they're-not-quite-trolls-anymore centric worldbuilding-y fics. She's got a bunch of other great fics, too. Also celynBrum's Alternian Nation series for trolls-on-earth troll-entric fics with quite a bit of worldbuilding if I remember correctly. universe_c's Fifth Iteration series is very worldbuilding-y and another they're-not-quite-trolls-anymore post-game concept, executed rather differently than Sunlightverse. celynBrum and universe_c are also both great authors whose stuff you should check out in general.

I hope that helped?

13. Jean

Divided and Entwined
    I haven't finished this one yet, but so far it's fantastic if somewhat emotionally taxing for me to read.

The secret language of plants
    This is another Harry Potter series, this one with the premise that Snape checked on Harry for some reason, saw how he was being mistreated, took him away, and brought him to Lupin, the only person he could be absolutely sure would protect him with the same fervor. The two of them raise Harry and it's great.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  14. iff

iff Well-Known Member

that's a very intriguing premise

• Agree x 2
  15. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Ahhh, I'm sorry, I've read all of those, but thanks for the links anyway :)

16. Jean

Ahh, figures.

17. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Shatterpoint by diasterisms, Reylo but very very not fluffy about it. It's got a real good sorta grudging empathy thing going on, where they both really really hate each other but can't stop seeing the points where they sorta reflect each other's damage. It's nice. Diasterisms is generally a pretty solid writer, and I'd recommend all her stuff, really. She's very good at not making Rey a saint or a bastion of the light or whatever. She's always a survivor before she's anything else.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. Acey

Does anyone have any SU fic recs? (That haven't been posted in here, obviously.) I'm so thirsty for good SU fic!!

19. Inkblot

Inkblot I'M GOING TO THE LOST CAUSE PIT, MA

Compliance Measures is very good Pearl/Peridot noncon, featuring mind control and weird pearl stuff

• Useful x 1
  20. Acey

Love it! Weird Pearl stuff is forever my jam. :D

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice