Fanfiction Workshop??

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Neurogabu, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@Aviari you liked my post and now I am wondering if you read anything and if so whether you liked it and all those writery neuroses...

2. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

@Kaylotta Yes I am reading right now because hnnnnnnng well-written Fem!Shep/Garrus. Lost in Translation was adorable. ehehehe sniper arm

3. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@Aviari augh *dies* tysm!!

I started a big ol' fic on the kmeme like three years ago (Every One That Asketh), then school/wedding happened, and while i've been updating it sporadically my main source of "hey this is really awesome please keep going" has dried up, and FFN reviews aren't near to the standard of kmeme comments

so basically

[​IMG]

4. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

I'm a little out of spoons to read the longer pieces tonight, but I will be coming back to the very lengthy Mass Effect choices (so much Fem!Shep/Garrus yeeeeeeeee) and the Gravity Falls sadfic. And the fic I did read, the Runaways one, was quite excellent in my opinion. I don't know the series well, but it does paint the picture of a very dysfunctional relationship between Xavin and his dad, as well as some play with the morphing and transforming aspects (I didn't know he was a transforming character until he adjusted his nasal passages, which was really cool imho).

My own Ao3 is here, at http://archiveofourown.org/users/littlemissoyashirou/works. It's all Persona 4 works, but I intend on writing Steven Universe stuff as well in the near future (I've been playing around with some concepts including a "What if Jasper is the end result of a 'Cluster' project without realizing it", mostly because she's been confirmed as not a fusion by writers and I'm still stuck on that idea, so might as well just go off-script with it). The main fic on there, 'To Make You Stay' is something I adore, and I've been stuck for NEARLY A YEAR, which sucks because I a general plot outline for the entire fanfic, but am still stuck on the first month of events. I know sheering it down would help, but I'm not sure how much to keep and how much to just tear away.

5. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

Just to be clear: I do NOT want my fic complimented in any way in this thread. I need to know what I am doing WRONG. I don't post fic unless everything is right to the best of my knowledge, so I don't need to be told what I'm doing right. If you have nice things you want to say, leave them in the comments section on AO3.

No detail is too nitpicky. If I have typos, tell me what they are! Nothing is too big, either. If the whole thing is junk, I want to hear it!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  6. Neurogabu

Neurogabu Garbage Day

You know what SUCKS about giving disjointed chapter title names/end notes from lyrics coming from different artists/bands? NOT having them all come from one goddamn person/band. Goddammit Darnielle, why is your song library so extensive and good and why did I choose to do this in the first place aaaaaaAAAAAA.

Like seriously, they're really supposed to be clues of what is really going on, and Store kinda really hit the nail on the head. Probably too well, now that I think of it.

And yeah, I'm going for lyrics in my fic, as much as many peeps like to point out how rookie it is, but like I said, there's multiple reasons for this and they all are trying to meet towards an end. Where that end is though I've no clue. Writing is hard I wanna go home oh wait i am home that was fast

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice