fantroll arr pee planning/ooc (open!)

Discussion in 'Desertverse Fantrolls' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Jun 7, 2016.

1. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

@lilacsofthedead dang what cool dudes! any ideas for interactions with my and tA's kids? also would you like to adopt Jhanzi he is free to a good home.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  2. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

@esotericPrognosticator lol Jhonzi sounds like he'd hit all Mollom's pitch buttons at first meet, but idk how they'd run into each other. Is he likely to leave his city hivestem and get lost in the woods?

Basically, Mollom dreams of the perfect kismesis that would distract him from meddling in his moirail's quadrants, and Hanh dreams of someone who pities her well and truly but has the good sense to boop her snoot if she gets carried away feeding. She's killed too many friends that way - Mollom only lets her feed from his arm so he has the other one to pap her face if she looks like she's getting lost in the blood.

Nikiti is a sweetgrub who loves travel, so they could easily run into anyone - they could come to a city to sell their cloth, for example, or wander the desert and run with the little dayrunner girl of yours, @taxonomicAtrocity. As long as Okapidad has something he can eat - I headcanon Alternian okapi are omnivores, but need greens to stay healthy - they're happy. Like I said in their blurb, they have mixed feelings about quadrants but wouldn't mind a non-intimidating lowblood to open up to. They might even pay for the limeblood palewhore for a night, if they're super stressed.

Maelas is trash and he talks trash, but he's more comfortable in open spaces than not. He sometimes comes to the city and the fighting pits to pick up dead bodies - wiggler fat renders finer tallow than hoofbeast, and hyenamom likes the exoskeletons to crunch on - she's big enough to ride and carry small bodies on her back, but Maelas hasn't done that since he was about five sweeps - he's almost nine and tells people he already is- and mostly uses her for bonus intimidation tactics. He wouldn't mind a kismesis or a matesprit that stuck around, but he's got no time for ash and thinks he doesn't need pale (he totally does. He really does, he's a complete mess.)

3. esotericPrognosticator

hmm! well, he is not an Outdoors Troll. but Saikym is (at least slightly more than he, anyway) and so they might drag him out to Mollom's neck of the woods? also there is always FLARPing, getting hilariously lost on a campaign, deciding to try to find a cave to get their mack on in they are incorrigible spend the day in, etc. unfortunately both of them are taken pale/flush, so I don't think Hanh will realize her dream with my kids :( and Kypher is. not really interested in redrom and secondarily would be terrible at it. (he might hit it off pitch with your blueblood dude, though? is that Maelus? he is likewise an incessant flirt, although specifically pitch.) likewise none of them are suitable for Nikiti. also I'm curious, why do you think Jhanzi and Mollom'd hit it off black? is it the meme-loving fuckery, or?

4. my (admittedly hazy, i did speech and debate) idea of troll mathletes is as follows- normal math competition stuff, except all the nerds are absolutely trying to murder the shit out of each other throughout. there are points for both mathematical knowledge and murderous ingenuity. i'm sure there are also nonlethal version where the nerds are merely trying to injure the shit out of each other, tho! aemili prolly does both.

lattie, the bioterrorist who is bad at breakups, is ten and training to be a fleet captain, as she's violet. she likes to make bioweapons to ruin the lives of everyone she’s ever perceived to have wronged her in her spare time! everyone needs a hobby 8)
    my sufferist sect leader is actually her ex kismesis. lattie knows that anhaga joined the sufferists, but she hasn't told the authorities because she wants to destroy anhaga's life herself, dammit.

stajak, the kid who faked her death, joined up with anhaga's sufferists for protection despite thinking that the teachings are a flaming load of bullshit. camron, the pale prostitute, also hangs around anhaga when he's not working. so if your kids got mixed up with her there'd be opportunities for interaction with both jak and cam. (and potentially nick, as the sufferists know her by virtue of her hemoanoning it up in their patch of turf.)

@lilacsofthedead in addition to the potential cam-nik interaction and nick-nik interaction(omg we need to do something with them if only because their names r similar) raz could potentially run into maelas while grubbing around for dead bodies to do unspeakable things to! and beamer, the pitfighting handler, could potentially talk to him about taking some of the bodies of the losers that pile up after a good exciting day in her arena.

the jadeblood baby smuggler (dhazzy) might also be fun to pit against han black! idk the deets yet tho

5. esotericPrognosticator

I did not actually do mathletics, but I was very close to doing so in that I had a lot of friends who did it, and also I totally did do Science Olympiad. also I quite like the idea of timed competition with the timing being "finish it before the other nerd mauls you," and also I think the nerds' strifekinds would probably be pretty hilarious. what's Aemili's strifekind? probably all the basic nerds have bookkind. I think timing by, like, "finish this problem before the cholerbear navigates the maze and fuckin wrecks you" would also work, perhaps for more collaborative endeavors. also Science Olympiad in which all the events are just making the deadliest thing with like three straws, a marshmallow, and a paper clip (as opposed to, like, making an instrument or something that'll keep an egg from cracking if it's dropped twenty feet #scienceolympiadtrufax) and whoever incapacitates the most people wins would totally work. kids building murderbots is gr8. also troll speech and debate would be wonderful. troll mock trial would be wonderful. I bet Saikym does troll mock trial to practice their acting skills.

hmm, Lattie sounds like someone Saikym'd hit it off black with, if there's a possibility they could meet up. does Lattie live near the coast, perchance? or is she still hopelessly hating after Anhaga and Saikym's hatred is doomed to be unrequited?

Kypher might be a good one to get mixed up with the Sufferists! he thinks their teachings are bullshit (he is basically uninterested in the well-being of anyone but himself) but he is a damn good liar and could play along with the whole "down with the hemospectrum" thing, since ultimately it serves his goals. whaddaya think?

• Like x 2
  6. PotteryWalrus

@esotericPrognosticator I just know Mollom's first reaction would be 'WTF IS THIS GREENIE CITY-SLICKER DOING IN MY WOODS' plus he's old enough that Mol probs wouldn't think of him as a wigglers on first meeting. Also the nerd side of things - Mol's smart as hell, but he missed a lot of his schoolfeeding due to the aforementioned injury, and there would be a ton of 'jegusfuck I know I'm smart but I feel stupid just looking at you'.

@taxonomicAtrocity Nikiti usually goes by Niki, if that's any help. They're pretty chill to anyone lower than teal, but can't deny that hemoanon would make them a little nervous - if only because hemoanonymity makes a troll defensive, and she's not the type to try and kill a troll she's only just met. They would f*nd tiny w*ngs super cool!!!

Cam's a little harder - do they buy fabric or engage in needlecraft at all? Niki is kind of interested in the competitive side of it, but she's not interested in killing her defeated opponent and fears that might out her as a sufferist.

Also, when you talk about smuggling babies, are we talking grubs or new-moulted first-instar wigglers?

7. @esotericPrognosticator lattie does live on the coast! and while she still hates anhaga, it's become more murderhate than anything, so saikym's good!

ahaha oh god kypher and jak can be terrible phony sufferists together. jak is just the worst.

(in order to fake her death, jak invited her sprit over, murdered her, broke off bits of her horns until they looked like jakhorns, murdered her lusus, and set her hive on fire with her psi with both the bodies inside! she has not lost any sleep over this.*)

*she will not admit to having lost sleep over this, not even to herself

@lilacsofthedead i'm talking grubs! she sells them to the pitfighting ring to raise as fighters

8. PotteryWalrus

@taxonomicAtrocity - haha I think Maelas would have a better time with her, then, either pitch or flushed. He's longed and dreamed for a contact he can wheedle live grubs from - do you know how good fresh grubfat is?? He would fucking sell his own lusus if that's what it would take. (He would, and then hyenamom, being well experienced in this, would crunch the silly troll's head and go back to her wiggler.)

Or hell, even pale - they could be terrible trash moirails together XD

9. esotericPrognosticator

@lilacsofthedead Jhanzi is definitely 300% city slicker. and he is a Man of Sophistication; he would not like being looked down upon as someone inexperienced. also I think the whole "smart and uneducated" vs. "smart and schoolfed to hell and back" dynamic would be really interesting. I don't think Jhanzi would tolerate anyone unintelligent in any of his quadrants, and the whole "but you have so much potential!!!" thing would really get under his skin. (I think his other pitch-type would be like flashy, braggarty trolls, btw, but it doesn't sound like Mollom's got that going on.) that's how I conceptualize well-balanced pitch romance, anyway—being so irritated by someone's flaws that you fight both to improve them and to better your own flaws so they don't get the jump on you. does that make sense? also, just wondering—since Saikym and Jhanzi are pretty similar, nerdery-wise, what was it that pinged you about Jhanzi for Mollom instead of Saikym?

also btw with regards to Cam Saikym totally makes their own elaborate period-accurate FLARPing costumes (and probably Jhanzi's too let's be real if left to his own devices Jhanzi would just wear a nice already-bloodstained hoodie), so they could definitely meet up, if briefly, over that.

also you didn't answer my question about your blue dude (still too lazy to look at your doc for his name, sorry, but I promise I did before). think he'd be up for pitchflirting with Kypher?

@taxonomicAtrocity coolio! Saikym has sort of Unfortunate Implications with regard to seadwellers because when they were about five sweeps this bigger, older seadweller kept hanging out on the beach below their (clifftop tree) hive and making sort of threatening gestures? she was probably pitch-flirting but Saikym wasn't quite old enough for all that yet and was just scared. so they set a trap for her, broke her leg, and slit her throat so she wouldn't have to starve to death in the pit, and that was their first kill, and it's stayed with them. luckily the seadweller didn't have any vengeful quadrants so a revenge cycle didn't get touched off. and also that's when Saikym got their first quality rapier; it was too big for them then, but it fits them fine just now, and they like the way trolls eye the violet hilt and decide not to fuck with them. so anyway. they don't like seadwellers. they do like their quadrants to be smart enough to be interesting. so I think it might work. what baggage has Lattie got that might make her hate Saikym back?

may I offer a small correction: Kypher is the worst. Kypher is the absolute worst. if there was ever a time when he lost sleep over murder it has been lost in the early sweeps of his grubhood. he would totally do something like that, except I assume Jak at some point was actually flush for her matesprit, whereas with Kypher the whole relationship would be a ploy to get someone into a position to be used. (district troll chess champion two sweeps running. troll chess is probably like wizard chess in that it involves actual pitched combat and real people as pieces.) what kinda relationship do you think he and Jak would end up having?

also can I just say holy shit Dhazzy balls hard. not what I was expecting when I read "jadeblood baby smuggler."

10. PotteryWalrus

@esotericPrognosticator I think Maelas would find Kypher so fucking adorable you don't even. Shush lowblood murderbabby, let me snuggle you. He'd probably flirt pitch to just get the convo started, but seriously, there are hearts in his eyes, not spades. They might even work as super fucked up enabling moirails, but I don't think that would end well for anyone involved.

Also this sounds dumb, but I've seen Saikym around so much - especially in that beautiful pic Roach did for you - that I was a little intimidated! Mol's got all the musical talent of a rusty spoon, but he loves listening to it and is a bit of a troll opera fan; I think he might even listen to Saikym's recordings when he can get his paws on them. He'd be likely flush for her, not pitch; the inexperienced city-slicker part would be overruled by 'HOLY SHIT MY LADY WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP PLZ'. Which isn't really healthy as a lowblood to a teal, but he would just... be so in awe of her.

Nikiti would be less *_* at her and more 'eh well they're the upper limit of what I'll tolerate let's see if they know their shit when it comes to a needle and thread' - she'd enjoy having a more upperclass regular customer that doesn't try to highblood-intimidate her. Last time that happened she left him with some nasty burns and has never gone back to that area not ever again even if you paid her a million caegars.

11. esotericPrognosticator

that is hilarious because Kypher is actually like max adorable. like, he's tiny and skinny and floats himself everywhere with psionics because a) he wants to look taller and b) the ground is too filthy for his transcendent feet to walk upon it. also he is a very snappy dresser. (he spends like 65% of his money on clothing and 34.5% of it on technology. he is Too Good For Food. this is not his measly lowblood allowance, either; he makes a fair bit on the side.) he gets tophats specially made to accommodate his weird horns and wears suspenders (over a t-shirt, Kypher, what are you thinking) and an endless succession of sunny yellow circle skirts. (they're triangles! he is really obsessed with triangles. his sign is a triangle.) so he is very pappable-looking. but he can set you on fire with his mind, so. (he tends to overcompensate.) he would freak out if he knew someone was heart-eyesing at him. I'm pretty sure he's aredromantic. but seriously I am now quite intrigued. these guys have to meet. they might even have a disastrous pale fling where Kypher struggles briefly with Feelings and then decides nope, fuck it, murder time. (not that I want to kill off your character. but maybe maim him a little. ooh, or he could be the one to take out Kypher's eye?)

ALSO I've just decided Kypher's hatchname is Biliam and the very first thing he did when he was a little babby hacker was go into the Imperial Database and delete it. so his official record says "Kypher Kypher." the joke makes itself he will kill anybody who finds out his hatchname, no questions asked. it is a source of much Trauma.
    edit: also omg I just noticed Maelas is a Thief of Mind, and Kypher is a Thief of Mind too. don't date inside your classpect, kids, it won't end well. (if you're interested I have Saikym tentatively down as a Mage of Mind (or maybe Time) and Jhanzi as a Rogue of Doom; feedback on whether you think these fit 'em would be much appreciated. also on a suitably trashy trolltag for Kypher. can't decide if it should be a GF reference or not.)

oh my god they are such a nerd I had no idea that they were in the slightest intimidating. (they've got "they" or maaaaaybe "him" pronouns, btw. apologies if I fucked up somewhere and misled you, though, Saikym originally started out as masculine but cis and thus a "she," and occasionally I revert to the starting point.) but it doesn't sound dumb, especially because man that pic is so beautiful. and Saikym would be flattered, but their affections are very much elsewhere. now they and Jhanzi have got to be at least blossoming flush when they meet Mol so Jhanzi can be jealous and Mol can be pissed at him. spaaaaades. <3<

yeah, Saikym'd definitely be civil to Niki; they're not the type to be an unnecessary asshole, especially since they get that kinda shit from everyone cerulean on up. to a blueblood they're basically a greenblood, not a teal, and to, say, a yellowblood, they aren't a comfortably midblood green but a borderline intimidating highblood. it's hard, blurring hemocastes. it's hard and nobody understands. glad Saikym's lack of colorism came through in my description of them, though!

• Like x 1
  12. PotteryWalrus

Pffthaha I would be absolutely down for a quadrant-mashing pitch-pale-flushed fling with Kypher. I'm not all that into Gravity Falls, so I probably couldn't help you with a trolltag, but from what I know Thief of Mind almost suits him better than it does Maelas!

Hah, yeah! It sounds like Mol would def get on pitch with Jhonzi, if only for that - also that he lowkey understands the whole blurring hemocastes thing. He says he's a brownblood because it doesn't much matter to him, but most other lowbloods would call him a solid yellowblood. He's been called pusblood in the past as well - even worse than pissblood XD

(Also sorry for misgendering Saikyn! I don't know where I got the 'she' part from ^^;;;) Niki might like him pale if he's settled flush with Jhonzi by that point, but it would take a lot of working on both parts before Niki stopped pinning their ears back, as it were XD

13. esotericPrognosticator

I just tried to construct a pitch/pale emoticon and discovered that it either just looks like a diamond or like a spade. bluh. colors it is, then. <3< beautiful. a fortuitous portent of the epic clusterfuck to come, I am sure. incidentally, how are Kypher and Maelas gonna meet?

can I. can I make up ship names for our fantrolls. yes I can okay Molzi confirmed future canon!! also poor Mol. pusblood, ergh.

it's fine, they can't be offended. :) also, ahahaha. you underestimate the true quadrantfuckery of Saikym
    <3 Jhanzi. they are not going to settle. they are going to continue on being their bad pale/flush selves and probably make everyone around them uncomfortable.

14. PotteryWalrus

Hmm, not sure. What are Kypher's usual hangouts? As mentioned, Maelas is a corspefucker of the highest non-literal degree - where there's dead bodies, he's usually there checking their biomass index and seeing if it's worthwhile dragging them back to his hive. Or ooh, ooh, you said Kypher prefers the finer things in life - does that extend to soaps and candles? Because then Maelas could meet him as a customer and they could go from there :3 (From how the hell can a lowblood afford my shit to omg this is the most precious murdermachine ever)

Does Kypher have a lusus? I think 'yenamom might adopt him anyway even though he's way too low spectrum to really ping her instincts.

LOL I ship Molzi already <3< XDD Where can we start with them?

15. my friend's got dibs on her flush quad, so maybe hatefriends or black? or Terrible Moirails. Terrible Moirails could be fun.

and ahaha what did 'jadeblood baby smuggler' make you think?

@lilacsofthedead okay! dhazzy's always up for more moolah. she's got a Secret Matesprit (the pitfighting handler) but other than that her quads are open

16. PotteryWalrus

Probably just hatefriends with Dhazzy, tbh. They could maybe be awful moirails, but I'm terrible at doing alternate timelines in RP.... maybe the occasional pitch fling when one of them thinks the other has cheated out of the deal, lol.

• Like x 1
  17. esotericPrognosticator

he would totally be the type to buy, like, an obnoxious number of candles. they aren't even scented. he just likes being able to light them with a finger snap, as opposed to having to go aaaaaall the way over and poke the glow grub or whatever. his last shipment of candles was probably substandard or whatever, so he switched to Maelas. it'll probably take a number of visits and exceptional circumstances before he'll deign to talk to Maelas, though. I'm... not actually sure if he lives in a city or town or what, but whatever it is is probably a penthouse hivestem. or maybe a really nice hive he bought off a blueblood. we should possibly make a map of where everyone is for ease of reference?

it's long since dead, whatever it was. geez, what would even fit him, a giant wasp?

speaking of, here is a terribad drawing I did of him and his terribad clothing choices. (in Alternian terms this much of a lowblood color is probably 3edgy5u instead of tacky as hell.)
    IMG_1531.JPG

he is such a smol lmao he's like seven and a half sweeps old and he looks like six. maybe six. this is what happens when you use psionics for everything. speaking of, those are sort of the wrong color—they should be a very bright, light blue. alas, I have only so many markers.

I mean, Saikym and Jhanzi have this whole ~unrequited longing~ arc when they're like seven and a half, because teenagers. I went through it before but tl;dr they're moirals, Saikym starts crushing flush and pale, tells Jhanzi who's like "....." for a while then goes "eh why not I've always wanted to be able to kinkshame myself" and then they go around saying they're matesprits but everyone can totally tell it is v transgressive. problem with that is it's pretty much just the two of them unless someone becomes a Helpful Friend, and if it's me RPing both I'm just sitting off in the corner bonking Ken dolls together while the big kids have playtime. so I was thinking I could either jump them straight to uncomfortably-quadrant-blurring stage and then have them run into Mol, or change the "....." to that most realistic of "ssHH WE BOTH HAVE A CRUSH ON EACH OTHER THE OTHER MUST NEVER KNOW," in which case the jealousy factor would still be active in Molzi and there would also be a dramatic flush "but you felt that way all along???" Saizi (SaiJhan? Jhankym? pls advise) scene. this is gonna be the best soap opera.

well, Maelas has at least a transient claim on Kypher's pale quad, but that's not going to last, so possibly they could be Terrible Moirals afterward? I kinda like the idea of Kypher sitting there going, "??? I have never felt pale for anyone before in my life," while two consecutive people get horribly dysfunctional palecrushes on him. he does not want the redrom. but it keeps sneaking up on him. or they could just be wary hatefriends. I think they would make good mistrustful hatefriends.

"jadeblood" makes me automatically think of Kanaya or maybe the Dolorosa, so first of all, um. not somebody who would sell grubs to fighting pits??? idk, like, smuggling babies to a Sufferist cult where they could be raised free of the hemospectrum's tyranny or something, not, uh. baby slavery.

also do you know if anyone else is scheduled to join us? @Kit is going to, right? because my guys' quads are filling up fast and I'd like to make sure I've got a basis for interacting with someone of everybody's. (also I would like to get started because I am very excite.)

18. PotteryWalrus

To be perfectly honest, I know myself very well and I know I wouldn't be able to handle more than one thread per player at a time. @taxonomicAtrocity, I would really like to either toss Maelas or Nikiti at you - Maelas is such a hot mess, but it would be cool to see him fight between his pride and his need to lick the nook of this jadeblood until she gives him babies to kill, and Niki-Nick just sounds like some happy fun times, tbh.

@esotericPrognosticator I think the Molzi sitcom is probably gonna have the most wind for me. We can try the clusterfuck of Kypher/Maelas if they don't work out, as well?

19. esotericPrognosticator

@lilacsofthedead Molzi sitcom is a go, although you didn't specify what you'd like Saikym and Jhanzi's relationship status to be at the beginning of their interactions.

20. @esotericPrognosticator jak mostly just wants someone to be unexpectedly horrible with, so hatefriends def works! moirails just sounded funny because they're both cute yellows who are rather unpleasant as people. if you wanna do it at some point, i'm down, but if you don't i'm not gonna be tore up abt it.

@lilacsofthedead i'd be cool by either! what are you feeling more?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice