fantroll arr pee planning/ooc (open!)

Discussion in 'Desertverse Fantrolls' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Jun 7, 2016.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

@esotericPrognosticator - Hmm, I don't mind, but will-they-won't they with bonus OMG YOU FEEL THE SAME serendipitous moment would be extra tasty :D (Mol is a secret romantic, so he like as not wouldn't mind as long as it didn't break up him and Jhonzi :P)

@taxonomicAtrocity Hmm, I'm feeling Niki the most at the moment. They doesn't know much about the sport of dayrunning, but she's absolutely willing to learn and I suspect she'd be pretty good at it XD Also depending on the type of desert Nick lives in, they'd love to stick around for any dyes/fibres/mordants they can find in the neighbourhood. Okapidad is cool wherever his troll is as long as it's not too cold and he can find some shade during the day.

2. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

@lilacsofthedead well, if Mol would like it, that's settled then. :P let me know if it gets too, uh, "let's not RP so much as sit back and watch someone RP with themselves for intolerable amounts of time," though. (also I am very glad you ship Jhankym/SaiJhan/Saizi/whatever it's called too. I am no longer alone in this tiny, lightless crawlspace of feels.)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  3. PotteryWalrus

@esotericPrognosticator Will do! Should we thread here, or do you wanna googledoc it? (Also can you do a starting thing with two nerds getting lost in the woods?)

4. esotericPrognosticator

let's go ahead and do a thread here. although I should note that the last time I RPed I was about twelve, so that was... a while ago. mind giving me a rundown of basic etiquette-type things? or how it works, exactly?

5. i have to go to therapy in about half an hour and then i'm going to a vigil later, but after that i'll be good to rp later this evening.

6. PotteryWalrus

Basically : stick to your own characters, don't godmode. That's the golden rule as far as I'm concerned, but others - we can RP in second person for stylistic reasons, but third person is easiest if we're doing more than two characters. I tend to post between one and three paragraphs per post, more for intros. Basically it's writing by turns - if you've read anything of the Boat Trolls saga, then you get a good idea of how to post and how it works.

I hope that helps!

• Like x 1
  7. esotericPrognosticator

it was helpful, thank you. and I think I'd prefer second-person present-tense, just because that's kinda my default now. if things get confusing we can probably head things in blood colors or whatever. would you like to make the thread, or shall I? I don't really know what to call it, though.

8. @esotericPrognosticator oh! and to add on to what lilac said, ic=/=ooc, which seems like a no brainer but has caused problems in rps that i've been in in the past.

• Like x 1
  9. PotteryWalrus

Could you? You could set the scene with your two nerds getting lost in the woods. As for the title, how about 'Quadrantfuckery for fun and profit'? I need to do a sleep thing, so I'll likely reply in the morning, if that's okay?

10. esotericPrognosticator

I likewise should probably do a sleep thing, if my back will let me, because I have been up in pain for 27 hours straight and am finally getting exhausted enough to just fall asleep. I do, however, want to lose some nerds in the woods, so probably I'll do that and then snooze. can't promise anything about the quality of the writing, though.

11. PotteryWalrus

-hugs- That's fine, bro. Just do what you can (and take some painkillers and a heat pad, if you can D:)

• Like x 1
  12. esotericPrognosticator

@lilacsofthedead posted the thing, reply at your leisure. thanks for the hugs!

PSA: I have just realized that I am so sleep-deprived that I have been alternately spelling "Jhanzi" like that or with an o. according to my reference sheet it should be with an a, though, so take note, I guess? I went through and I think I got all the times I misspelled it.

also @taxonomicAtrocity apparently I can't sleep still because I am being Punished For My Sins or whatever so if you're around this evening I might catch you and see if we can do something with some of our guys. we'd planned Jak and Kypher and Saikym and Lattie, I think? although idk how the latter'd work timeline-wise with what lilacs and I are doing now.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  13. @lilacsofthedead okay, was too sad and angry post vigil last night to rp, but i'm down to plan stuff out now and start something if you are! how d'you think nick and niki would run into each other?

@esotericPrognosticator then let's just do jak and kypher and leave saikym and lattie for later, haha. and, because i'm a broken record, same question that i asked lilacs! how d'you wanna have them run into each other?

14. PotteryWalrus

@taxonomicAtrocity Hmm, well, Niki travels a lot, so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to pass through Nick's patch of desert and accidentally camp out by their cavern? (Niki's 'tent' is usually just a weighed-down piece of thick fabric stretched over okapidad's back with them tucked in the teeny space between. I don't think they've ever slept in a proper 'coon, just made do with sopor patches their whole life XD)

15. esotericPrognosticator

@taxonomicAtrocity can you tell me a little bit about the Sufferist group and how Jak got involved? Kypher's gonna have to run across them somehow, but some detail would be helpful in figuring out exactly how.

16. lost this in my notifs, oops!

@esotericPrognosticator sorry! forgot that i hadn't done that lmfao
    anhaga's sufferists are a small group of eight to ten ppl (mostly npcs) who live in a cave system that's off of the same caverns where baby-smuggler works. they farm mushrooms to eat and are kind of sort of troll vegetarian in that they don't eat grub products. all other meat's free game tho! anhaga lurks on sooper secret forums for psionic kids and cullbait and what have you recruiting ppl, which is were jak first hear of her. they got to talking and jak ended up securing a place for herself to go after she faked her death, though she didn't tell her what exactly she'd had to do to manage it and anhaga didn't ask. anhaga's determined to do right by her people through whatever means necessary. sometimes this involves manipulating her flock! the ends justify the means uwu
    as for ways that kypher could run across them- they let ppl stay over for the day when they're in trouble or part of the cause, or maybe he could've found them online like jak did.

17. @lilacsofthedead okay, that works! d'you want to kinda plan out how it should go or let it develop naturally? who should do the starter?

• Like x 1
  18. PotteryWalrus

• Like x 1
  19. esotericPrognosticator

@taxonomicAtrocity mm, he probably found out about them online, he hangs around psionic forums a lot too. lots of disgruntled trolls who are easy to manipulate! so I guess he'd know Anhaga? and maybe Jak too, although I guess she hasn't posted since her "death," huh. as for the precipitating event, he probably killed some highblood's quadrant and needs to lay low for a while, lmao. should he troll Anhaga or something asking for directions to the cave system?

20. @esotericPrognosticator that could work! he should prolly avoid saying that he killed someone's quad tho, lmfao. maybe spin it as a highblood after his ass for reasons he'd rather not specify? if it's not ooc for him to do, of course.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice