fantrolls?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Oct 11, 2015.

1. aight, i know we have oc threads on here, but there's no dedicated fantroll one! (that i know of. plz correct me if i'm wrong)
    and just from checking out recent discussions in boat trolls, it looks like a lot of people have bomb fantrolls that i'd like 2 hear buttloads about
    poss format 4 fantroll deets, feat my fantroll chiroh:

name: chiroh petrae
    sign: i have no clue what it's called or where to find it online. will edit it in later
    hemocaste: browner end of yellow
    psionics/psychic abilities/etc: psionic
    quads: playing weird game of pitch chicken w/ the multiverse's crotchetiest helmsman, pale with dolios moksha, kinda-sorta-contact flushed for dolios' notsprit, the miserable burden of one very put-upon middle leaf
    lusus: batdad! based off of a bumblebee bat
    quirk: wIIw l m f a o look at this noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a fucking idiot!!!!!!!! You're Our new fave punching bag!!!!!!!!!!! wIIw
    appearance: 5'0 or so, kinda wiry, solid yellow eyes and a thick braid that goes down to her knees. five horns arranged in a loose circlet around her head, enormous ears, ports everyfuckingwhere, very toothy
    bio: chiroh spent a couple sweeps tandem helming a gunship with another psionic called dolios before essentially getting carjacked. sharing a body and to some extent a brain for years can really fuck with a person's head, and chiroh and dolios aren't always sure where dolios ends and chiroh begins and vice versa. (sometimes, when things are bad, they're not sure that there's a difference at all. sometimes, when things are worse, they even prefer it that way.)
    they're moirails for lack of a better word, and are (almost literally) attached at the hip. they do not let go of each other. they do not leave each others' sight. they finish each others' sentences and occasionally talk in unison without noticing. it's fucking creepy.
    she helms a salvage ship for the carjackers now, along with dolios and another troll, and enjoys a fair bit more autonomy now than she did working her previous gig. rig's detachable, she gets paid**, no minder. it is, all in all, pretty fucking sweet.
    she's unrepentantly vicious and spends a lot of time grinning wide enough to show off all her fangs. it's very intimidating, she practices in the mirror every night before work. while chiroh wasn't exactly all sunshine and lollipops pre-helming, a lot of her current nastiness is cornered-animal fear and desperation cemented into habit. no one will ever do anything to her without her express consent again, and if things even look like they could maybe go south, she will go and get shit very sorted.

((**once her cap recoups the investment, that is. she has no interest in charity cases))

[​IMG]

edit: pic added

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    • Like x 4
  2. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

FANTROLLS
    imma use your template because im lazy

name: apatoe hermis

age: ??? i forgot, she's the equivalent of like 20ish i think

hemocaste: goldish

psionics/psychic abilities/etc: zero psionics, which is unusual for a lowblood, makes up for it with cunning and maliciousness

quirk: replaces Ls with £, Es with €, Ss with $, Ys with ¥

appearance: shoulder length hair in dreads/braids with gold beads at the end, loki-type horns, black and gold lipstick, white jacket, back and gold dress

bio: con artist obsessed with Cash Money! when i was still planning on writing with her my friend had a rustblood character with a pickpocketing psionic ability, she was parading him around as a prophet of some sort and basically created a cult for an endless stream of cash
    she doesn't have any psionic abilities herself and so compensates by being hardcore as fuck, she uses a brassknucklekind strife specibi. she's super manipulative, lies about basically everything, and hates being poor. haaaaaaates it. when she was wee she super resented highbloods for just kind of. having money. and decided she wanted to also have money.

• Like x 1
  3. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

@Anomal(eee) and I have been trying to populate a hiveship full of fantrolls... I think our character list is in the thirties? I kinda don't wanna take over your whole thread though u.u

4. @Kit omg please do

(i have like 30 myself w e e p s)

• Like x 1
  5. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Okay *hides under blanket*

...but seriously, there's a lot of them and I honestly don't want to retype all their entries, so here's a link to our main fantroll index. Feel free to ask questions, as it's kind of a mess - I looked through and cleaned up inconsistencies in files, but some of it might be written in the way that you write notes that seem really plain to you but are actually kind of incomprehensible to outsiders? Also please tell me if I did the linking/document sharing thing wrong.

We have like two novels' worth of RP on these babies. We may be a little obsessed.

• Like x 2
  6. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Oooh, i have a fantroll who was generated on an ambien dial to MSPArp. She has pictures and an RP blog and everything.

Eilaya Nassir
    Caste: Rust
    Lusus: Three-legged caprovine (sheep-goat)
    trollhandle: soporificTriungulate
    quirk: letter "i" always in lowercase; erratic placement of the letters g, n, and i when used in conjunction.
    tromblr handle: sleeplittlesheep
    entries on the RP blog that I am proud of:
    Logged Discrepancy #1 (As Of Arrival On Leviathan)

Logged Discrepancy #2: Paperwork.
    Logged Discrepancy #3: Admin CA and whales
    (couldn't find the one where they sent her into the vent system to feed the snipe. possibly i only imagined writing it. Or, possibly, it was only in chat. And the chat link is dead since MSPArp moved and the archives got nuked:( )
    pitch-flirting with PeregrineBeneficiary
    technobullshitting my way into a discussion about how sylladexes work that was fun
    and over here is the OOC blog intro
    there are also arts i am kinda proud of too. and a couple other fantrolls i generated for the same RP. But I am on ambien again and I am now too loopy to hunt them down. Or maybe a little afraid, because my OS got reinstalled, and I'm not sure all the files made it through alright and would like to keep pretending they are for a bit even if they're not. but they're probably ok. annyway i'm going to sleep and maybe later i will post real live pictures

• Like x 3
  7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

The heck with it, I'll be the first to make a big post, and for only 2-3 trolls!

I have two that I played for a while in Dreamwidth fantroll games, a trollsona I've been occasionally working on, and a scattering of other very incomplete characters.

--------------------------

Name: Durian Agripa
    Sign: The symbol for a caltrop, or a triangle of 3 arrows pointed outwards from a shared center.
    [​IMG]
    Hemocaste: Blue #1165da
    Psionics/Psychic abilities/Etc: Iron stomach...? The kid can eat almost anything.
    Quadrants: Nope!
    Lusus: Fox dad
    Quirk:
    the quick 6rown fox jump5 over the lazy dog
    >- 6rown fox
    what the he11??
    that5 6u115hit
    it5 o6bviou5ly a 6lue fox
    or a white fox 6ecau5e
    you know
    lu5u5
    =:[

Appearance:

[​IMG]
    Durian's crimes against fashion include:
    • beige vest with bright polka dots
    • khakis tucked into his sneakers
    • sneakers with fake shoelaces that you don't tie (they're probably actually velcro)
    • ponytail that he pulls back without even checking a mirror; there are clumps sticking out all over the place
    Bio: Durian doesn't smell quite as bad as the fruit he's named after, but he's not exactly pleasantly fragrant either. He used to live in a nice hive burrowed into the base of a giant tree, in a neighborhood of fancy bluebloods, but some of his neighbors got in a revenge cycle and the forest burned down. Between then and the game of S---b he and some friends played half a sweep later, he's been wandering around and camping out in dead trolls' hives. But that wouldn't be an obstacle to hygiene if he gave a shit, it's not like other trolls hives don't have bathrooms. He just gives few shits and gets caught up in projects all the time.

He was unhelpful to his S---b session because he spent nearly the whole time alchemizing snacks, exchanging ghost stories, and playing around with divination tools to get out of doing any real work. His most productive contributions were probably to morale, by sharing the snack codes with people and cheering on the people who actually did anything to research the game lore. It's not clear if this had any connection to his game role as the Seer of Rage.

Originating game history: Scribs on Dreamwidth, ended.
    Tumblr: defensiveAlchemist, mostly pictures of foxes.
    Strife specibi: Brbwirekind, Branchkind.
    Fetch modus: Dowsing (hot/cold searching game).
    Land: of Fireworks and Henges.

Name: Noctua Kalium
    Sign:
    [​IMG]
    Hemocaste: Brown #C44C00
    Psionics/Psychic abilities/Etc: Remote viewing, weak telekinesis (enough to featherfall, but not fly without aid)
    Quadrants: Nope!
    Lusus: Tiny horned owl mom
    Quirk:
    .The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
    !Haha!
    !You go fox!
    !!Brownbloods represent!!
    ]8D

؟But why's that lazy dog sleeping out in the open?
    ...This smells fishy...
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Of note: Noctua managed to get a bunch of dresses made in the same size and style, but with slightly different designs. If she sets her wardrobifier just so, she can make the stylized flame along the bottom of the dress flicker like real flame.
    Her hairclip is a light gray, but if she ever ends up with a moirail, she intends to get a new hairclip with their color for the cute symbolism of it.
    She sometimes wears a cape styled like wings, because with her telekinesis it's enough to glide, at least.
    [​IMG]

Bio: Noctua's a flighty girl (pun intended) who likes expressing herself, leaving her mark on the world (like with spray paint or explosives) and doesn't think things through before acting. She feels a lot of things strongly, and emotes strongly.

In her universe's Alternia, an MMO by the name Heroes of Intergalactic Conquest became very popular when rumor spread that the guild that won certain challenges would receive special positions under Her Imperious Condescension. The general theory was that it was testing trolls for some special aptitude at team coordination, strategy, and computer use. Noctua's irritating maybe-quadrant introduced her to it, and they joined different guilds to continue their maybe-rivalry. Noctua's guild ended up winning, and the prize ended up being kidnapped by the real HIC to play a S---b-type game to save at least a portion of trollkind (including her Imperious self).

Originating game history: HIC on Dreamwidth, ended
    Tumblr: ebullientTagger (basically just pictures of owls and graffiti)
    Strife specibi: aerosolkind
    Fetch modus: fuse modus (random length timer must burn down before item can be retrieved)
    Land: of Tubes and Sand

[​IMG]

Name: ?????? Swirln
    Sign:
    [​IMG]
    Hemocaste: Teal #037184
    Psionics/Psychic abilities/Etc: Probably not
    Quadrants: Nope
    Lusus: Osprey deer (think a hurrok, but as a winged deer that eats fish)
    Quirk:
    format undetermined
    long rambles, switching to haiku to keep herself from rambling
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    A troll!me.
    I'm starting with the kid/teen version first, because S---b is the first thing I think of when I think trolls.

Bio:
    It's a trollsona, so like me, but adapted for whatever setting she ends up being with.
    Obligatory teal deer pun.

Tumblr: damoclesRumination (just pictures of deer so far)
    Strife specibi: penkind/swordkind
    Fetch modus: ???
    Land: of Steel and Spiders
    An water world with a few very tall, very steep mountains scattered here and there, hundreds of miles apart. Huge metal spiderwebs span the gaps between them, so the world resembles turquoise.
    [​IMG]
    The local consorts are Fishing Spiders, semi-aquatic spiders in order to sortof fit the reptile/amphibian rule, except they're like the metal spiders in Brutal Legend. Because that's not horrifying or anything.
    Fun facts: Metal corrodes in water. So wherever the spiderwebs are close enough to the ocean to be hit with the sea breeze, they're fragile. A wonderful choice facing my trollsona: travel her world on the lower webs, which may give way at any moment, but at least the fall to the water is small enough that she should be fine... or travel higher up, where the Breeze makes it a tightrope walk. D:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    • Like x 4
  8. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

should we also link the alterniastuck troll babbies?

• Like x 1
  9. image.jpeg
    new fantroll! (4got to fill it in, but she'd be a rogue)

10. Keleviel

Keleviel Angel Fanboy

CRASHES THROUGH THE DOOR HELLO DID SOMEONE SAY FANTROLLS

[​IMG]

Here is my babby she is great and also a nerd

11. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I haf a fantroll!

Name: Elluha Sancus
    Sign: For the asteroid 3 Juno: [​IMG]
    Blood Colour: High end of yellow. She IS yellow, but she's got enough of a tinge of green to give anyone who wanted to call her a secret limeblood some ammo.
    Psionics: Your standard, much like Sollux's, though hers are orange and green.
    Lusus: Kestrelmum
    Strife specibi: Arrowkind. She doesn't use a bow; she doesn't need one, with her psionics.
    Quirk: No computer = no quirk. Don't think she actually knows how to write. Or read. If she had a quirk, it would probably mimic how she speaks, which is with erratic bunching of words apparently at random.
    Quadrants: Some kind of blurred mess of red and pale with @albedo's fantroll Alares. They're both too feral to have proper quadrants.
    Personality: Feral. Scared of all other trolls: deals with this by being sneaky enough to avoid them OR, if cornered, fighting with no-holds-barred savagery. Rarely speaks, but very, very curious, which fairly often overpowers the fear. Has exactly the kind of sense of humour one would expect: i.e very physical.
    History: Hatched in a secret Sufferist colony which was very shortly afterwards overrun by Imperial forces. Little grub Elluha escaped thanks to kestrelmum's quick thinking. Brought up in the wilderness with only kestrelmum for company being taught that other trolls = Very Bad; the Empire remains unaware of her existence until they come down to round up the latest crop of near-adults to remove them from the planet, whereupon they find her, think 'oh hey neat unexpected powerful psionic' and do the expected, i.e. strap her into a helmsblock. This does not improve her temper.
    Appearance: I drew her once. She is naked, and with bulge out. Have a doll instead.
    X-Girl-Candys-World-Doll-Divine-portrait.jpg

• Like x 3
  12. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Hehehe

So Michaels has Xmas decorations already

And among their decorations are winter-themed white animals. Among their animals?

[​IMG]

The lusii of my main three fantrolls. :3

• Like x 2
  13. [​IMG]
    +he quick brown fox jumps over +he l△zy dog

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    • Like x 2
  14. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

Yes hello how to develop fan trolls when you hate everything you actually write down?
    Also any time I start my character, parts of them don't fit together, so if I come up with their name and name meaning first, guaranteed it wont fit in with their eventual backstory.
    And backstory in general is hard.
    Halp?

15. @Imoyram i've found that going off of a rubric sorta thingy can help? or just excitedly spewing ideas at a receptive party and then picking up the bits you like and keeping them

• Like x 1
  16. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

@Imoyram it helps to start with a theme of some sort and work out from there!

• Like x 1
  17. TwoBrokenMirrors

Or you could go my route and just viciously retcon everything every time you come up with a cool idea that doesn't quite work as already stated. /shot

• Like x 1
  18. Imoyram

@TwoBrokenMirrors That's what usually ends up happening DX
    @rats I often find that starting with a theme makes my person end up with little to no personality, but starting with personality makes them end up with little to no story. {:|
    @taxonomicAtrocity By rubric thingy do you mean the charts up thread? Also I would TOTALLY bounce ideas off someone if I A. had someone willing to have ideas bounced off and B. didnt feel like they were bored and not wanting to be there, or thought the ideas were stupid when I told them (insert every meatspace person I talk to about fantrolls or ocs in general)

19. TwoBrokenMirrors

@Imoyram
    I take it you don't appreciate it, heh. But don't kind of reject the usefulness of being able to twist and stretch things until they fit. It's good mental exercise, if nothing else. xP
    (or maybe i just enjoy the process of hammering out the kinks far too much. probably.)

20. Imoyram

Mine usually end up so different at the end that if you compared them, you could use the two as separate fantrolls. Think of that puzzle question about the car. "As you go on using you car, you replace bits and pieces of it, at the end, is it really the same car if all its original pieces are gone?" (that is not thee original phrasing, but the point is there)
    *shrug*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice