Fashion

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, May 7, 2015.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I love cute socks. I have loads. :D With animals and flowers and all those types of things. That's the one thing I actually like shopping for!

• Like x 1
  2. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Shoes! And boots! I have a pair of New Rock boots (sort of goth-scifi-biker boots; you'll see them in all kinds of scifi shows) that are like seventeen years old and still doing well, and a whole bunch of Fluevog shoes and boots because it's an addiction. And way too many funky Converse and various other boots and shoes.

3. qwertaberta

qwertaberta New Member

@Chiomi, thanks, it's not a measuring question, it's just that I am ~ 48 B, and shops are convinced I don't exist. The bras on that site are priced at ~ 10% of my monthly salary, with an additional ~7% for shipping, but I will check out the local webshops - it never crossed my mind that I may solve this online (despite having bought stuff recently - it's just that I am convinced all wild bras live in the bra-shop, wtf). So, thanks! Also I may still use the guides and the theoretical parts on that site, they sound very professional. (I just realized that what I do with not-completely-hiding my nipples can be framed as political, but I'm just a grumpy hippie. And it's still lucky that I don't work at a place where the dresscode prohibited it.) UPDATE: I found a two-pair pack for half the prize in a local online shop, yay! I'll call them next week (all spoons of tomorrow are already allocated) and probably order it, after finding my measuring tape and verifying the sizes. Thank you.

• Like x 2
  4. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Okay, I'm just proud of my outfit today, so FULL BODY SELFIE HELL YEAH
    CAM01215.jpg CAM01216.jpg

• Like x 6
  5. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

• Like x 1
  6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

That´s a gorgeous jacket. (But also holy shit that more than I spend on food in a month)

7. witchknights

it's in BR$, tho, which i guess softens the blow a little?

But yeah, it is on the expensive side, but I've wanted something from that store from a looong time. Plus size clothing is hard to find here, especially good quality, cute/uniquey stuff.

8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Eek sorry that wasn´t meant to sound judgy. I know all about getting yourself that one expensive thing even if you have to eat cereal all year for it.

9. witchknights

hehe no problem!! I am trying to work on not getting defensive all the time but sometimes i just slip as well.

that jacket does make me happy, tho. with the stress of getting back to the last stretch of college and taking care of grandma on my own while mom is on vacation, i got in a TREAT YO SELF mood. it's sooo pretty in person, i only wish it had, like. glitter or something.

• Like x 1
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

You could wear glitter earrings with it. Or a necklace if earrings aren´t your thing.

11. witchknights

ooh, earrings! I think i have something near the color scheme of the birds that would be a nce match, tho it's not necessarily glitter-y.

• Like x 1
  12. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

well @witchknights if you aren't shy about modding there is definitly teh possibility of just fabric glue + glitter it yourself. Takes a bit of courage for expensive things but heck is it satisfying

13. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I'm so irritated by RTW clothing. I bought a shirt from the ladies dept of my store - it was on clearance and they only had the two sizes left, a 16 and a 22. I got the 22, because my torso shape is basically a Dorito with extra globs of melted cheese on it. It was too small. I got it on but I couldn't actually move my arms forward. What is going on with men's jeans, I bought a pair and couldn't even get them up my legs because the fit at the calf was so damn tight.

And yet I fit into a size 14 leather kilt from the same store. Madness.

14. emythos

Sizing is so weird and arbitary, I hate it.

• Like x 1
  15. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Opera kitty?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I bought a 20 euro dress and modded it to fit and look good. The huge fake pearl in my hair is a ring which I repurrposed cause well, it´s huge.

• Like x 4
  16. albedo

albedo metasperg

• Like x 1
  17. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

18. emythos

It's adorable
    I think you should add a giant button sweater, but leave it open. Of course, I feel like every outfit is improved by a sweater, so take that with a grain of salt.

19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

^^Naw. Just a nice casual summer outfit.

20. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Okay good thank you! I will contribute more of my fashion disasters later when I am not doing chores haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice