Fate/Zero

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Scheherazade, Jan 23, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Alternate universes are canon in Nasuverse, so they could get the them from another timeline. I know Fate/Grand Order has an alternate Kiritsugu who did a similar thing to Archer as an Assassin, for instance. So it might not spoil who dies.
    That said, alternate future Heroic Spirit Sakura? Shinji would die instantaneously.

Yes. Shirou's the one who should stay in the kitchen, cooking lots and lots of food for the many ass-kicking ladies in his life. He was born to be a house husband. :::PPP

• Like x 1
  2. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Yes. There is, in fact, a canon version of the Grail War (well, A grail war, though it's pretty weird ruleswise) where Shirou ends up summoning EMIYA, pretty much using himself as a catalyst. It's going to be a movie, which is good, because the bulk of the rest of the story recounting it is not exactly what i'd recommend to people, so something that can stand on its own is great.

In that universe, the Grail War also involves fusing yourself with your Heroic Spirit, so Shirou ends up hilariously broken. And it's an AU where Shirou's motivations and personalities are both incredibly counter to Archer's ideals while not having the personality flaws that make EMIYA hate main Shirou.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    • Like x 2
  3. LadyNighteyes

(Can I also add that many things about Shirou make more sense when you factor in that as he describes his schedule in the VN, he's habitually operating on between four and five hours of sleep a night?)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    • Like x 4
  4. LadyNighteyes

One more random thought for this thread: autistic Saber. Discuss.

• Like x 2
  5. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

The headcanon I didn't know I needed.

• Like x 1
  6. Aya-non

I finally finished the UBW anime (I put off watching the last episodes of anime, it's a bad habit) and I'm not okay. The feelings holy heck.

Nooooo let Shirou be happy goshdarnit why'd it have to end like this dang him and his messiah complex. Also, like, the bit in the second-to-last episode, where Archer tells Rin to take care of Shirou and he's got his hair like Shirou's and is making expressions like his too? Nooooooooooope. That was it for my feelings.

Ugh, I wish Rin could've done something but let's face it the kid needed a therapist not just a hypercompetent mage maybe-girlfriend with complicated family issues of her own. That was a lot to put on her.

• Agree x 2
  7. Aya-non

Allow me to yell about Fate/Apocrypha because no one I talk to about this stuff can listen to me do so right now:

• Sieg is precious protect him
    • I cannot even begin to express how much I am here for the homunculus revolution. I realize Sieg is gonna keep getting dragged into the Grail nonsense but all I want is him rescuing more and more homunculi and asserting his personhood and asserting their personhood and, just...free all the homunculi, okay. Enough Grail War bullcrap take out the oppressors.
    • On that note Spartacus freakin' well deserved better.
    • Astolfo is wonderful and I love her and she deserves so much better than her Master (her master also deserves better than being written with the predatory lesbian stereotypes hooo boy but in-universe I simultaneously do and don't hope Astolfo lasts the Grail War. I do because I love her; I don't because of the kinds of things her Master wanted to do to her with the Command Seal) (EDIT: The wiki has informed me that Astolfo may be male, (backstory says male, gender in game profile says "secret"). The voice acting was deceiving, as was all the pink and the number of genderbends this Grail War. If Astolfo's not meant to be female, then the predatory lesbian stereotypes are less of a thing with their Master, but the behavior's still completely gross)
    • Even though I got pissed off at Mordred for nearly killing Sieg and pretty much being responsible for Fran's death near the end, she and her master are actually adorable? Like, I love the relationship between her and Sisigou; he sees her daddy complex and he's ready to give her all the validation she needs. He didn't realize he was adopting a kid when he signed up for the Great Grail War but he's going with it.
    • Fran/Caules OTP; also I did not come here to have feelings about Frankenstein's monster goshdarnit but her flashbacks were so sad
    • Shakespeare was perfect
    • I legitimately believed that Shirou Kotomine was our friendly neighborhood protagonist Shirou until the last episode, and even then I wasn't positive until I googled him.
    • There's an AU where the kid is raised by the Kotomines and turns out massively screwed up in different ways than he is in canon in here somewhere.
    • On one hand, I liked that Fiore is clearly a scary lady and is immediately the backup family head once her uncle's out of the house. Also her exosuit thing was pretty neato. I could've done without the plotline that's about her fixing her disability though.
    • Chiron and Achilles' interactions were great, I love them.
    • I also found Vlad to be an interesting character who clearly thought of himself as a hero despite having a cruel streak a mile wide--ya know, right up until the whole Noble Phantasm mess
    • Jeanne hasn't done a lot yet, she spent like almost the whole series just trying to get to the action, poor lady. That said, the single moment in which her vision said that Sieg would have to fight again and she flat out ignored it made her character for me. If she'd said anything to him then, when he barely had a sense of self and was still flailing for a direction in life, he would have followed what she said. And sure, he ends up in the battle later anyway, but it's by his choice. That's important dang it.
    • Him insisting on his name to Mordred killed me, seriously.
    • Karna has the neatest freakin' character design. He's also clearly a powerhouse. He's not exactly got the strongest personality but I do like his sense of honor.
    • Atlante has gotten like zero character focus; I'm unsure if she's gonna die pointlessly or if it's gonna happen later right before she dies.
    • I am really confused as to why it is necessary to make Jack the Ripper a small child in skimpy clothing. I mean, I understand the concept of fanservice, but at the same time I do not. The weird outfit detracts from the creepy of the small child committing casual murder and my brain's too busy with "why are you wearing that you're from the Victorian era they got scandalized by ankles also this is a war shouldn't you try to find some mundane body armor someone's gonna stab that exposed midriff oiiiiiiiiii"
    • Please note that my ideal ending for this series involves the Mage's Association and Ygda-however it's spelled tearing each other apart and Sieg and an army of free homunculi marching off into the sunset to go live happy lives. Maybe Sisigou adopts one or two of them now that he's gotten used to parenting Saber of Red. Waver also destroys the Grail at some point.
    • On that note, are we actually supposed to be rooting for anyone other than Sieg? Because both factions are pretty unsympathetic. Once again, it's like Fate/Zero; most of the Masters are terrible people and so are some of the Servants. Those that aren't (like Astolfo, Chiron and Siegfried) are just trying to do as much good as they can within this situation.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  8. KarrinBlue

Astolfo is, to the best of my knowledge, a character that IDs as male but enjoys dressing femme.

• Informative x 1
  9. KarrinBlue

• Informative x 1
  10. KarrinBlue

also speaking of gender i think there's p good arguments to be made for trans mordred?

11. Aya-non

Yeah, okay, I can see that, what with the threatening people with swords at the mention of the word "woman."

Also I am leaving my embarassing misunderstanding in place rather than editing it out, but I stand corrected: Astolfo is wonderful and I love him, and he deserves a better Master.

• Like x 1
  12. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

If it makes you feel better, I recall hearing that in the main canon timeline Waver does end up destroying the Grail at some point, so he's at least getting shit done.

(Poor guy is usually the only politically powerful member of the Mages Association actually doing anything useful, honestly.)

13. Aya-non

I heard that too, that's why I said the thing, I guess I shoulda clarified. I want an anime of that at some point. Not that the rest of this isn't fun, but....Waver, and also the Grail getting destroyed. Please, give this thing to me.

14. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

Yes, agreed. Fate/Waver Gets Shit Done: the anime I want to see.

• Like x 1
  15. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

Depending on which way my naughtiness is going, Rin/Saber, Rin/Archer/Lancer (F/SN versions), Rin/all the hot people.

• Like x 1
  16. KarrinBlue

Also, I love just... Kirei and the lengths he is willing to go to to be a terrible person. Like. In one universe he scams Shirou out of money literally just because he could. His favorite time to have sermons is on New Years Eve, so he can ruin the previous year and the coming one at the same time. He wasted all of Rin's money - not even embezzling it! he just made terrible financial decisions to fuck with her (after all, how can a priest sworn to eschew worldly possessions and live humbly possible be expected to understand trust funds or interest rates?) - and gave her presents that are, at best, things she hates but has no choice to accept, or at the other end of the scale, literally the knife he used to murder her dad.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  17. KarrinBlue

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  18. LadyNighteyes

yeah gil's enough of a jerk that he's probably a terrible time

19. KarrinBlue

Yeah the other Gils are either child Gil (before he became a total asshole, ashamed of his futureself) or caster Gil (Gil after all his adventures and character development, embarrassed by what a dick he used to be.)

20. Aya-non

Heavens I love time shenanigans. Grand Order seems fun, but I'm not much on phone games and I'm afraid it'd eat data.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice