fiber arts!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by jacktrash, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

Oh man I remember this. My mom was like "haha great idea but like 1/3 the year would be purple you might as well be making a purple blanket"

For reference, I'm in a town close to Winnipeg Manitoba, and from like, November to early march, everything is cold and awful.

• Like x 1
  2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I suppose you could adjust the temperature ranges?

• Like x 2
  3. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

Totally. Aqua to soft fern all year round. Maybe a couple of weeks of teal and foliage.

• Like x 2
  4. Imoyram

I suppose so. I'm not actually mad fyi. I find it amusing.
    I dont even know how to crochet, but the idea is cool.

5. blue

don't worry, I didn't think you were mad :)

I didn't realize it was crochet and not knit! I guess it would be easier as crochet cuz you'd have a finished blanket after each row rather than having to leave it on the needles, right?

6. EulersBidentity

@blue that's a good idea! Though I think I might feel like I was misleading people, somehow...
    "Oh yeah, this is my weather blanket. The purple bits are from when it was really cold, like, 2°C. And the red bits are from the 23° heatwave in August. Gosh but that was a sweltering week."

• Like x 3
  7. Imoyram

We would have a variety of colours, but only for a range of months. Someone from here could do it by just adding more colours after the purple, for -11C to-20C, -21C to -30C, -30C to -40C, and -40C to -50C.

It gets very cold here.

8. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I finally finished one of the presents for my coworkers!
    I think it came out rather nice, but next time I'm going to try to center the text so that there's less whitespace between it and the shield.
    [​IMG]
    Also, @Aya-non I changed the pattern a little so that it's more symmetrical. So here it is if you want.
    pattern.gif

• Like x 3
  9. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

10. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

yeah i really like that blanket idea, too, but the range would definitely have to be expanded. XD which, well, could make for a really nice blanket. very gradient. you could get into darker purples, then black, then fade into grays for the really cold stuff? i dunno

• Like x 1
  11. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

ooh i....really want to do that blanket because i live someplace with weather that hits all those colors

maybe ill start one next new years..............

• Like x 1
  12. Imoyram

@rats you could always use a different date, for example my parents anniversary is on feb 1, so starting it then for me might mean that I could give it to them as a gift the next year, but if you did it on say, your birthday, you'd have a nice blanket for your next birthday.

• Like x 1
  13. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

*does NOT want to be exceedingly anal and assign shades of the gradient to every degree between -45C and +45C, nope not her*

...maybe five degree bands...

• Like x 4
  14. Imoyram

I'm confused as to why they picked every like, six? degrees?
    Like, whyyyyyy
    why six?

15. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

It's roughly every ten in Fahrenheit.

• Like x 1
  16. Imoyram

Ah.

That explains it.

• Like x 1
  17. blue

(excited grabby hands)

I just ordered a bunch of yaaarn

Knitpicks! 2x Wool of the Andes in Haze Heather for a hat I'm making for a friend, one Stroll Hand-Painted in Make Believe because hey, it's on sale, and one Billow in Cadet because if it's a *good* cotton yarn I may absolutely love it but it has mixed reviews.

Eeeee I'm so excited

• Like x 1
  18. EulersBidentity

Pics? (I'm lazy and on my phone, but I could google them later.)

19. blue

Wool of the Andes Haze Heather:
    image.jpg
    Billow Cadet (cotton!!):
    image.jpg
    Stroll Make Believe:
    image.jpg

• Like x 1
  20. blue

The one thing that makes me DESPAIR is that a lot of the colorways for Stroll are gone. Like, look at the third from the left in this photo:

[​IMG]
    I want it so badly.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice